LighthouseKeepers.com

My daughter

Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

My daughter - 06/28/05 03:49 PM

My (Margret's) daughter was diagnose with Polycythemia Vera - rotten thing to happen to a young 28 year old mother of a little boy. She wanted another child but is now advised that that is a very bad idea. She will be on medication to thin her blood for the rest of her life.
We would all appreciate your prayers for her, her son and her partner!
Thank you!
Posted By: Dave H

Re: My daughter - 06/28/05 06:27 PM

I had to go find out what Polycythemia vera is.

Quote:
Polycythemia vera is an acquired disorder of the bone marrow that causes the overproduction of all three blood cell lines: white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets.

It is a rare disease that occurs more frequently in men than women, and rarely in patients under 40 years old. It is not known what causes polycythemia vera.

The disease usually develops slowly, and most patients do not experience any problems related to the disease after being diagnosed.
We will certainly keep your daughter in our thoughts and prayers and hope that she falls into the group that doesn't have problems. Hopefully with the early diagnosis and medication she will keep it under control.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: My daughter - 06/28/05 10:13 PM

OUr prayers will be with all of you, but in a special way for your daughter, her son and partner. As Dave stated let's pray that she falls into the catagory where there is no problem.

Bert
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: My daughter - 06/28/05 10:58 PM

Keeping you all in my heart.

I know how hard these things are to find out...

Pam Cook
Secretary of WILD
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: My daughter - 06/28/05 11:24 PM

My prayers are coming your way for your daughter and your family.
Ruthie
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: My daughter - 06/28/05 11:45 PM

Stam & Margaret,

I did the same thing as Dave -- had to go look it up.

My prayers are with you both, your daughter, her son and her partner. May God watch over everyone.

bobo
Posted By: seagirt

Re: My daughter - 06/29/05 02:11 AM

I'm sending my thoughts and prayers transatlantic for all of you. Hopefully, what with catching it early and medicating it, she'll be able to "reign it in".
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: My daughter - 06/29/05 04:05 PM

Thank you all for yur prayers and good wishes!

Sorry I did not explain better. Had to look it up myself :rolleyes:
© 2024 Collector Forums