LighthouseKeepers.com

Grandson for TexasLights

Posted By: TexasLights

Grandson for TexasLights - 05/17/02 05:29 PM

This has been an amazing day. My first grandchild was born this morning at 7:36 am. He is a whopper at 9lbs 1oz and 21 inches. He is very alert, with a little brown hair and very dark blue eyes. Needless to say, he already has me wrapped around his little finger! Terry
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/17/02 06:13 PM

Congratulations Terry -- and to your daughter and son-in-law or vice versa.

Enjoy the primary Grandma role of "spoiling the child rotten!".
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/17/02 06:48 PM

Congratulations Terry and to Mom and Dad!

That's one big BOY!
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/17/02 07:16 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that you are proud. My daughter just gave me my second Grandson 6 mo's ago. And I am doing all that I can to spoil him and I know that you will do the same.

Stephanie
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/17/02 08:17 PM

Congratulations Terry to you and to the parents. We have one grand-daughter who is now 4 1/2 and tha apple of our eye. We love her to pieces, as I know you will love yours.

Bert & Sharon
Posted By: mombo

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/18/02 02:55 AM

Congratulations Terry, how excited you must be!
Posted By: Nana

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/18/02 04:29 AM

Always happy when someone becomes a grandparent. Your life will never be the same! So happy to hear that all are doing well.
Derith
Posted By: Kaiz

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/18/02 11:16 AM

Congratulations Terry! Enjoy your new grandchild!

Patty & Mike
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/19/02 06:13 AM

Congratulations to Terry and the proud parents. So, when are you taking your grandson lighthousing? Did you remember to buy a Little Light to start him off on the right foot?

Dave

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/19/02 01:22 PM

I hadn't thought about the Little Light, I'll have to go out and get one. He will be visiting lighthouses with me at the earliest possible moment. I haven't gotten him any lighthouse shirts or socks but I will!
Terry
Posted By: Jake's Mom

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/20/02 01:13 AM

Congratulations Terry. Enjoy spoiling your new grandson.

Cheryl
Posted By: JJ

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/20/02 04:48 AM

Congratulations Terry, I know how you feel. It's pretty neat to get your first grandchild. Enjoy!
Jim
Johnson
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/20/02 09:49 AM

Great News Terry, glad to hear everyone is doing well. Start the lighthouse wacko training soon!!

Dale

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/20/02 06:16 PM

Thanks to everyone! My daughter reminded me that I did get him his first pair of Nubble Lighthouse socks at Lighthouse Depot last summer. Now all he needs is a T-shirt and a Wacko Badge and he's set! Terry
Posted By: Bud Schrader

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/21/02 05:01 AM

Congrat's. to all! It's great to have that first grandchild! My grandsons are 31/2 and 2. Took the elder to Marblehead a few weeks ago, his limited vocabulary now includes the word "lighthouse"- imagine that!

Bud
Posted By: lightbear

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/21/02 07:06 AM

Terry,
Congratulations on your new grandson! Our
daughter just gave us our first grandchild on 4/28 - an 8 lb. 1 1/2 oz., 21" long girl.
Rich has already been burning up the film in the regular camera as well as the discs in the digital camera.
Guess we can all "brag" together.

Rich & Marilyn Kirkpatrick
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/24/02 06:46 AM

Congratulations Gramps!

Rich

------------------

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/25/02 01:57 AM

Thanks Rich, but I'm Gramma! Grandpa is also very excited over this baby. Terry
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 05/27/02 12:12 PM

Congrats on the first grandchild, Terry! Lorna and I have two grandsons, ages 6 and 4. My younger son just got married this weekend but he and his new bride may wait a couple of years before having children. Lorna and I both hope they have a little girl.

Grandkids are great!

Bob
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 06/04/02 08:13 PM

Forget about the LH gifts Terry, take him to his first lighthouse and post the picture for us to see! He's obviously a Texas sized baby who's ready for lighthousing.
CONGRATS - Bob
ps Does he have a name? One of my nephew's names is Dallas as in Cowboys!

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 06/04/02 10:56 PM

His name is Kirk Robert Moore III. In our family he should have been named Longhorn, as in The University of Texas. My daughter and son-in-law would have never gone along with that! I like your suggestion about the lighthouse visit. I have many plans to take him traveling. Terry
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 06/05/02 04:33 AM

Terry,
As my "Aint Nell" would say, "God bless that precious darlin'" (Must be said with the deepest of Southern accents!)

Congratulations!

MelJB
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Grandson for TexasLights - 06/09/02 03:05 PM

Congrats Terry-

As an old pro (We have a 4 year old grand son) I can tell you there is nothing like it!!

Harry
© 2024 Collector Forums