LighthouseKeepers.com

Tim Young's Dad

Posted By: RRohweder

Tim Young's Dad - 03/07/02 03:41 AM

I've just been chatting with Tim Young, AKA the Torchbearer, and have learned that his dad has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Tim is flying back to Annapolis to be with his dad. Please keep Kenneth Young, Tim's dad, in your prayers. Wouldn't hurt to keep Tim and Jackie (who has the flu) in those prayers as well.

Hang in there Tim. We'll all be thinking of you. Keep us posted on developments.

Rich

------------------
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/07/02 04:42 AM

Our prayer's are with you, Tim..

Paul & Sue
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/07/02 05:26 AM

Tim and Jackie, you`re in our prayers.

Your friend from down the road,
terry
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/07/02 05:32 AM

Tim,

You and your Dad are in our prayers. You have a safe trip. Also hoping Jackie gets over the flu real soon!

Dave
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/07/02 06:04 AM

Our prayers are with the Young family. God bless. Safe journey.

John
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/07/02 08:22 AM

Tim,

Our prayers will continue for your father and the rest of your family. I lost my dad to cancer a few years ago. Hang on to your best memories, they will help you get through this tough time.

God Bless.

Dale and Diana
Posted By: Digger

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/07/02 02:24 PM

We will be thinking of you guys. Keep us posted.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/07/02 06:23 PM

Our prayers are with you Tim and with your Dad.

Bert & Sharon
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/07/02 07:01 PM

Tim,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your dad and your family.

-Todd & Marla
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/07/02 07:38 PM

Tim, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted. We all hope everything works out for the best.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/07/02 09:52 PM

Tim & Jackie, No words can express the true concerns for friends during difficult times. Cancer is a dreaded disease that can strike anyone at anytime without them knowing it. It not only effects the victim but also all those who love him or her. Keep a positive attitude and try to do whatever you can to get your Dad through this. Where there is life there is hope.

Bob M.
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/08/02 02:38 AM

Tim we're all hoping for the best for your dad. Also know you have lots of forum friends that are thinking of you and the rest of your family. I know it is a very stressful time after having gone through the cancer scare with my mom. Thankfully she has been in remission for 9 years.
Posted By: Jake's Mom

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/08/02 04:53 AM

Tim - We'll keep your family in our prayers.

Cheryl, Paul & Stephen
Posted By: JoanieO

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/08/02 06:17 AM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Tim, and your Dad, and your family.
JoanieO
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/09/02 03:08 AM

Thank you for your kind words, prayers and well wishes. This is, to say the least, the most traumatic experience our family has ever experienced. My dad is resting comfortably here at home in Annapolis, MD after two days of exhausting tests at John Hopkins in Baltimore. It has been confirmed that my dad does have pancreatic cancer. However, a glimmer of hope has shown itself in that, it has been caught at an early stage which is very rare for this form of cancer. The tumor has not metastasized to any other organ in his body. None-the-less, I was told today that only 18% of those diagnosed with pancreatic cancer survive approximately 1 year. Another 3 - 4% survive for 5 years. The doctors will not speculate on the time my dad has left, but feel his survival rate is dependent upon how successful the removal of the tumor is. At this point in time, I'm planning on sending my dad to the Mayo Clinic for this procedure.
I spoke with the doctors regarding his condition and discovered that cigarette smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and a diet high in animal fat increase the risk of pancreatic cancer. Of these, my dad has been a heavy smoker for years.

Please keep my family in your prayers. Jackie is flying up tomorrow to be with us while I make plans for our trip to the Mayo Clinic. Thanks again for being there.

Tim

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/20/02 04:23 AM

I wanted to give an update regarding my dad's condition.

He is having surgery at Mayo Clinic in Rochester on Tuesday, March 26th. They want to remove the tumor in his pancreas before it has a chance to metastasize to another region of his body. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. We will be there Monday for pre-op testing.

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

[This message has been edited by Torchbearer (edited 03-19-2002).]
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/20/02 04:35 AM

The Youngs will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Nana

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/20/02 04:52 AM

My prayers are with your family, Tim
Derith
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/20/02 04:55 AM

We will keep your father in our prayers along with the rest of your family.

2beacons
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/20/02 05:35 AM

Tim,

The Young family remains in our prayers. Godspeed in your travels.

Dave
Posted By: beckitex

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/20/02 05:48 AM

Tim,

I will be praying for your family as well. I certainly hope you hear some reassuring news following the surgery.

Becki
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/20/02 06:16 AM

I too will remember to say a prayer for your father. Keep us all posted.

Stephanie
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/20/02 08:29 AM

Your family will be in my prayers. Hang tough Tim...
Ruthie
Posted By: wheland

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/20/02 05:12 PM

Tim,

We here are wishing the best for your Father.

Hang in there.

Dennis
Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/22/02 05:07 AM

We will also be praying for your Dad and your family - God be with you.

Barb
Posted By: Kaiz

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/22/02 01:50 PM

Tim

We will hold your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Patty & Mike
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/23/02 05:08 PM

Tim, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers at this challenging time.

Ron & MJ
(CT Keepers)

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/24/02 01:58 AM

Hang in there Tim. Cam and I'll be thinking of you and your dad.

Rich

------------------

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/28/02 10:18 PM

I wanted to catch everyone up on the latest. My dad was supposed to go to Mayo for surgery on Tuesday, March 26th. However, he became very ill because of a gull stone blocking the bile duct. That was removed (the stone and gull bladder) on Monday at John Hopkins in Baltimore. His pancreas surgery has now been rescheduled for this Monday and will be performed at Hopkins. Thank you once again for your thoughts and prayers.

Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/28/02 11:48 PM

Thanks for the update Tim. Our prayers are still with the Young Family.

terry

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/29/02 12:30 AM

Ditto Tim!

Rich

------------------
Posted By: mombo

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/29/02 02:54 AM

Never rains but it pours Tim. Sorry to hear of your Dad's further troubles and hope things go well on Monday, for all of your sakes!
Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/29/02 04:21 AM

Thanks for the update Tim, I had been wondering how his surgery went - now prayers will continue for this new surgery date. Two surgeries in a week is a lot to go through...

Barb
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/29/02 05:50 AM

Tim,
Please accept my prayers of strength for your family. These are trying times for all of you, but I'm sure you'll get through them with a faith that all will happen according to His plan, not ours.
Peace be with you,
Pam
Posted By: wheland

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/29/02 05:51 PM

Tim,

Our best wishes continue for you and your Dad.

Dennis
Posted By: DeDo

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 03/30/02 03:13 AM

Tim,

Prayers and good wishes for a successful outcome to Monday's surgery.

Donna

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 04/02/02 03:53 PM

Thanks again to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. My dad had his surgery on Monday at John Hopkins in Baltimore, MD. They were able to remove the tumor, however, he will need to go through chemotherapy. Also, this surgery can bring on diabetes, plus, it's very common to have a reacurrence. He is resting well and we are hoping and praying for the best. We have left my dad's condition in His hands.

Posted By: Kat

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 04/02/02 11:25 PM

Tim,
Larry and I will keep your dad in our prayers for a complete recovery. Tell your dad you have many beautiful people prayer and pulling for him. God Bless You and Yours!
Always,
Kat
Posted By: Pat PalmerBall

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 04/04/02 03:04 PM

Tim, Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

KYKEEPER - Pat
Posted By: Gebby

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 04/07/02 04:25 AM

Tim, Let's pray for a speedy & complete recovery. Hang in there and hope to see you soon.
Ken
Posted By: Art

Re: Tim Young's Dad - 04/08/02 11:48 PM

Add my prayers to the long list, Torchie.

My Dad underwent a similar ordeal with a very aggressive form of bladder cancer and lung cancer. He is now a 4-1/2 year survivor. Keep on praying and hoping. I'll do my part on your behalf.

-Art
© 2024 Collector Forums