LighthouseKeepers.com

True Love!

Posted By: Robert M Dick

True Love! - 03/10/01 06:04 PM

What constitutes true love?

Why is the divorce rate so high today?

Are these two questions anyway related?

Who the hell knows!

I fully believe that what brngs a married couple together is hard and difficult times. It is during these tests that our true fiber is exposed and we see each other's weaknesses and we work around those weaknesses with care and understanding. That's our story and we're sticken' to it!

One of my minor weaknesses is Harbour Light acquisitions. My bride and I celebrate 36 years of married bliss next week, Tuesday, March 13, 2001, and my asking this young lady to marry me was the smartest move I ever made.

This week I moved my office and I had to do something with my office HL collection to avoid them being damaged during this relocation. My latest test of our marriage came when I showed up one evening with 38 HLs and I had to confess that I had more HLs than she knew about.

I'm still married and we are looking forward to a quiet pleasant evening next week.

True love is here to stay.

I am truly a lucky man.

Moby
Posted By: TGIFIF

Re: True Love! - 03/10/01 07:27 PM

Congradulations!!!! & many many more (both lighthouses & years with the one you love.)

TGIFIF
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: True Love! - 03/10/01 08:31 PM

Early congrats to you and the misses Robert.

terry
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: True Love! - 03/10/01 08:47 PM

Congratulations to you and Mrs. Moby. Thirty-six is a bunch, and well worth celebrating. And here's wishes for 36 more.

Rich

------------------
Posted By: Brent

Re: True Love! - 03/10/01 09:20 PM

'Nice post, Moby!! Congratulations on the 36 years and may the two of you have many, many more!!
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: True Love! - 03/10/01 10:11 PM

Congratulations

What a gem of a life, and cherish your time together
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: True Love! - 03/11/01 07:30 AM

Congratulations Moby and Mrs. for 36 years of marriage!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: True Love! - 03/11/01 09:57 AM

Sounds like a good excuse for her to finally tell you about the 93 pairs of Via Spiga pumps she has in the trunk of her car. ;->

congrats!
Posted By: Digger

Re: True Love! - 03/11/01 02:15 PM

Congratulations to you both!
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: True Love! - 03/11/01 06:10 PM

OK, Moby, now she knows about the 38 at the office and of course she knows about the ones at your home, so next you need to tell her about the rest of your collection....

the one's that are still on display at all the local Harbour Lights stores in the region.

Happy 36th!

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: True Love! - 03/11/01 06:36 PM

A very Happy Anniversary wish goes out to you and your bride Moby.

Hope you two have a great day!

-Todd
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: True Love! - 03/11/01 08:33 PM

A very happy and blessed anniversary to both of you.

Wishing you always,
Love to surround you,
Warm memories to cheer you,
Good fortune to walk beside you,
And happiness to fill your hearts.

And of course, Harbour Lights to fill your display cases.

God bless you both.

Bert Guerin MtnHkr
Posted By: Dave H

Re: True Love! - 03/12/01 01:33 AM

Congratulations on your 36th anniversary, Moby. Hope the two of you have a wonderful day.

By the way, did you also tell her about the ones you moved to a co-workers office down the hall for temporary safekeeping?

Dave
Posted By: Nana

Re: True Love! - 03/12/01 02:19 AM

Congratulations Moby! Keep on keeping on!

Derith
Posted By: Robert M. Dick III

Re: True Love! - 03/12/01 07:07 AM

Here's to my Mom and Dad, the two best people I know. Happy 36th Anniversary on Tuesday. I love you two dearly, and wish you all the continued happiness in the world!! Thank you for everything.

Love,
Rob
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: True Love! - 03/12/01 05:52 PM

Moby-
Belated Congrats. Judy and I will have our 36th on the 19th March. My thoughts echo yours. My Judy is the best for allowing me to enjpoy L/H chasing, Ball games, etc.
Again Happy Anniversity !!! May you have many more !!!
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: True Love! - 03/13/01 07:27 AM

Moby...I don't think you really need to ask the question..."what constitutes true love" You summed it up so eloquently with...

"I fully believe that what brngs a married couple together is hard and difficult times. It is during these tests that our true fiber is exposed and we see each other's weaknesses and we work around those weaknesses with care and understanding."

Then to have your son Rob stating "the two best people I know"... In all those 36 blessed years together you must have done quite a few things right...

The very best to you and your bride...for many many more happy HL's years together...

Ruthie
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: True Love! - 03/13/01 07:44 AM

Moby, A very happy 36 years to you and your Bride. I hope you enjoy another 36 together.

Now on the subject of True Love, where did this sceen come from?

Max: Ooooohhh! Look who knows so much, eh! It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead. There's a big difference between
mostly dead and all dead. Please open his mouth. Now, mostly dead is slightly alive. Now, all dead...well, with all dead, there's usually only one thing that you can do.
Inigo: What's that?
Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change. Hey! Hello in there! Hey! What's so important? Whatcha got here, that's worth living for?
Westley: [barely audible] True....love....
Inigo: True love! You heard him! You could not ask for a more noble cause than that.
Max: Sonny, true love is the greatest thing in the world; except for a nice MLT - Mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich - when the Mutton is nice and lean, and the tomato's ripe. They're so perky. I love that. But that's not what he said! He distinctly said, 'to blaithe.' And as we all know, to blaithe means to bluff. So, you were probably playing cards and he cheated...
Old woman: [interrupting] Liar!! Liar!! Liarrrrrrr!
Max: Get back, witch!
Old woman: I'm not a witch, I'm your wife. But after what you just said, I'm not even sure I want to be that anymore.
Max: You never had it so good. [Max smiles at Inigo]
Valerie: True love, who said true love, Max?
Max: Don't say another word, Valerie...
Valerie: You're afraid. Ever since Prince Humperdinck fired him, his confidence has shattered.
Posted By: digitalman

Re: True Love! - 03/16/01 06:56 PM

...Princess Bride!
What an excellent movie.

Posted By: Weasel58

Re: True Love! - 03/17/01 12:10 AM

Yes Digital, it is a great movie. I'm just happy to find out I'm not the only one here who has seen "The Princess Bride." If I was asked to list my top ten favorite movies "TPB" would be on that list!!!
Posted By: Robert M Dick

Re: True Love! - 03/18/01 03:20 AM

I want to thank all of you for the kind posts regarding this special day in our lives. I do hope and pray that all of you have the good fortune of finding that special someone to share a lifetime with.

Again, thank for you thoughtfullness.

Moby
© 2024 Collector Forums