LighthouseKeepers.com

Chris is in College!

Posted By: Webmaster

Chris is in College! - 08/21/06 04:05 PM

I've been in Florida for the last 9 days, going back to Arizona this afternoon.

Chris, my 21 year old son was accepted by and is now enrolled at Beacon College in Leesburg FL. It's about 50 miles NW of Orlando.

We've spent the last week visiting the Magic Kingdom, my sister in St. Pete and getting oriented to Beacon College and College Life.

The college owns an apartment complex specifically built for their students. Chris is enjoying the 'independend living' arrangements with 3 other roomates.

It's exciting for him and for me, as well. We'll miss him at home, but we're very proud of him and know that this special college will support him in academic as well as learning to live life independently.

No, I didn't choose the college because of it's "lighthouse-like" name. smile Chris selected Beacon, but I did set up a wireless network for the apartment today. The name of the network? Why "Lighthouse Beacon" of course.

John
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/21/06 04:16 PM

Great News John & Chris! You always provided excellent opportunities for Chris, John!
Congrats.
Bob
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/21/06 05:54 PM

What great news for Chris!

Can relate to you missing Chris at home... Abby is off to college on the 24th. She won't be as far away from us as Chris is from you though (just an 1 1/2 hr drive north), so if I really feel the empty nest too much I can jump in the car and go see her for the day. That's if she has the time for me lol. smile
Posted By: mombo

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/21/06 06:29 PM

Best wishes to Chris as he begins his new school. You may miss him at first John, but after a while it will seem pretty nice. And they always come back.... wink
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/21/06 08:14 PM

Especially when they need a good home-cooked meal and laundry done. At least that was the way with me. Even so, my Mom and Dad were always happy to see me.

bobo
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/21/06 11:34 PM

That's great news, JC, and I wish Chris all the best. BTW, sorry you did not make the event at the bronze lady, was looking forward to seeing you!
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/22/06 01:07 AM

John, as I've told you, this is a wonderful gift which you are giving Chris; not only will it help him expand his academic horizons, but it will give him the skills to live a life of his own. It took a lot of courage for both of you to do this. Congratulations to both of you!
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/22/06 04:18 PM

Good luck to Chris!
Have fun and work hard ... you don't know it yet, but this the best and most important time of your life!
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/23/06 04:10 PM

Great news John! Best wishes to Chris!

Judy
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/23/06 04:15 PM

Best of luck to Chris as he starts college. What a great experience for him.

This is the first fall since 1997 that I haven't paid college tuition for at least one of my three kids. One year I was paying for all 3 to be in college at the same time! It's great to have all 3 graduated from college. smile
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/23/06 08:03 PM

Congrats to Chris and John! It will be a great experience for him I'm sure.

Lorie, you don't look old enough to have three graduated from college!!!
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/24/06 12:06 AM

Actually, Jen, those three are really mine. Lorie's last name used to be OTT. She was just using them as a tax write-off. laugh

bobo
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/24/06 05:54 AM

Yep...3 kids, Ryan 28, Heather 25, and Natalie 21.

And yes...my maiden name was Ott.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/26/06 02:20 PM

Congrats to Chris in this new and exciting chapter of his life. John, how are you and Mom holding up? Any empty nest syndrome yet? Maybe it's time to get a puppy to fill in the gap.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/27/06 04:12 AM

We're still dominated by Squeeker, our 17 year old cat, Bob.

He seems to think he's in charge, anyway. Might just be dimentia.
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/27/06 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mombo:
Best wishes to Chris as he begins his new school. You may miss him at first John, but after a while it will seem pretty nice. And they always come back.... wink
But why does it happen when you just got used to them not living at home anymore.

Anyway, good luck to you all John.

smile cool

smile cool
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/30/06 07:45 PM

Quote:
We're still dominated by Squeeker, our 17 year old cat, Bob.
You know how it is ...

A dog has a master / owner
A cat has slaves laugh
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Chris is in College! - 08/31/06 03:22 AM

I don't know, Margret, my two little girls seem to think they are in charge! I have to post a picture; they went to the groomer today and look sooo beautiful! smile
© 2024 Collector Forums