LighthouseKeepers.com

Another milestone at the CF, another dedication...

Posted By: Bob M

Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 02/22/10 05:03 AM

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, this is post #11000 for me at the Collectors Forum. As in the past, I usually dedicate such a milestone to somebody we all know or knew. This time I would like to dedicate this milestone to three very important people that keep us going through thick and thin.

I would personally like to thank John Chidester for all he has done, and the sacrifices he made in getting this whole thing started. I would also like to thank Dave Hannum for his untiring efforts to hold this thing together. And last, but not least, Paul Brady for his support and constant behind the scenes efforts on behalf of the Collectors Forum, and the finest collectible in the world, Harbour Lights.

May www.lightousekeepers.com live on until the end of time!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 02/22/10 05:28 AM

I'll second your dedications above.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 02/22/10 06:03 AM

Bob, thanks for a very thoughtful recognition. There are many people who help to make the Forums a great place. Thanks also to all of them!
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 02/22/10 04:39 PM

Thanks for the nice words, Bob and ditto to what Dave says about many people helping out..
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 02/22/10 05:28 PM

I also echo Bob's dedications!

John, Dave, & Paul have done an outstanding job with the CF. I may not always agree with them, but value there opinions(and facts).

I also think BobM has done a great job keeping the day to day postings lively! And its great to see all who invest there time in posting on the CF!

Congrats Bob on the 11000 post !!!
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 02/23/10 07:23 AM

Thanks Bob for your kind dedication.

Allow me to turn that dedication right around on you, my long-time friend. I appreciate your positive posts and the few critical constructive ones among those 11,000+ messages.

I first met Bob in person at the 1997 Collector's Reunion in San Diego. But we were already friends acquainted through the Lighthouse Collectibles thread on AOL.

The Collector Forums have been a great source of friends for me since 1997. Bob McKeon is one of the few who's been around since day one and among the most-valued ones, too.

...And Bob may be the only one who has a chance of bypassing my post count. Thanks for all you've done Bob! applaud

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 02/23/10 12:54 PM

Thank you, John. I guess we are both members of the "Mutual Admiration Society". I truly miss some of our original members who have disappeared or are standing so far in the background, we cannot see them. Every once in awhile they stop by and make a post. Those posts are well appreciated knowing that at least they think of us at times.

I greatly appreciate all the newer folks who have joined in and continually contribute to what is read at the CF. Their input with posts and replies is the biggest thing that keeps this going.

smile Bob
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 02/24/10 01:08 AM

vhappy
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 02/24/10 07:42 AM

Hi Bob,

Congratulations on the milestone.

I totally agree with your dedications and their receprocation in kind to you. Without all of you, this would not be the same forum boards.

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 02/24/10 05:36 PM

11000!
Talk about being lomgwinded...??? LOL
Seriously thanks for all the great posts and info ...and singlehandedly keeping the American car industry in business(tic)
You're a a great Forum member and we appreciate you hanging in here all this time.
Your dedication to John, Paul, and Dave was very appropriate, and let me include you in their company as "part of the Engine that make this FORUM gooooooooo!"

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M:
May www.lightousekeepers.com live on until the end of time!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: mombo

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 03/02/10 05:21 AM

Quote:
...And Bob may be the only one who has a chance of bypassing my post count.
Aren't you guys glad I've taken so much time off from posting? wink
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 03/02/10 05:57 AM

No, Mombo, I for one miss your posts.. Keep posting, please..

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 03/02/10 02:13 PM

Quote:
Aren't you guys glad I've taken so much time off from posting?
The answer is "NO"! I hope you'll work hard on correcting that problem.

smile Bob

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 03/03/10 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mombo:
Quote:
...And Bob may be the only one who has a chance of bypassing my post count.
Aren't you guys glad I've taken so much time off from posting? wink
She's back! lol towel
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Another milestone at the CF, another dedication... - 03/03/10 02:49 AM

Geez, Mombo, only 9 more to get to 7,000. I had no idea you were ahead of Paul, for goodness sake!

Welcome back. Tell us how much snow there is down your road. Let's see some more pictures of your back yard again!
© 2024 Collector Forums