LighthouseKeepers.com

Prayers for Brighteyes

Posted By: Dave H

Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/26/08 01:19 AM

I have received sad news from Petoskey - Dorothy Billideau, mother of Mary Heuvelhorst (Brighteyes), passed away early this morning. Please keep Mary & Herm and her father, Edward, in your prayers during this time of sorrow. Mary has been the primary care giver for her parents for a number of years, and I am sure she will appreciate your prayers.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/26/08 03:18 AM

Mary and her family are in the Brady's thoughts and prayers..
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/26/08 04:09 AM

We will keep Mary & her family in our prayers at this difficult time.
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/26/08 04:15 AM

Mary, Herm and Edward,

You all are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

bobo
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/26/08 01:25 PM

Mary and family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/26/08 10:42 PM

We too will keep Mary and her family in our prayers!
Posted By: silverfox51

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/27/08 12:36 AM

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in our prayers.
Posted By: mghusge

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/27/08 01:43 AM

Mary, you and your family will be in our prayers.
Mike and Nettie
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/27/08 04:06 AM

So sorry for your loss. You will be in our thoughts and prayers too.

Judy & Bill
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/27/08 04:31 AM

Mary, you and your family will be in my prayers.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/27/08 12:21 PM

Our thoughts and prayers will be with Mary and her family during this difficult period in their lives.

Lorna & Bob
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/28/08 07:10 PM

Mary, so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.
Posted By: 5lights

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/29/08 09:39 PM

My deepest sympathy on your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you & your family.
Posted By: RoyMcB

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/30/08 05:44 AM

Mary,
You and Herm are always in our thoughts. Our deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family at this time. May God Bless You and Keep You.
Carolyn & Roy
Posted By: TD

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/30/08 05:35 PM

Mary,

My prayers are with you. There's a special place in heaven for care givers and I know from first hand experience the sacrifices that you have made.

God bless you.

TD
Posted By: Beaconfollower

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 07/31/08 03:44 AM

So sorry for your loss, Mary & Herm. I too was a care giver for my 92 year old Mother. She passed away this past December. My heart goes out to you and your family, I will keep you in my prayers.
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 08/16/08 03:50 AM

I am grateful to all of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. We received a beautiful flowering plant from our Collectors Forums family. Thank you from our hearts.

The death of my dear Mother has been the hardest time in my life.

My Mother gave me life 54 years ago today, and I have been blessed to have her as my best friend. Mom taught me many things. One of the most important was to love and to help the other person.
Her Catholic faith never failed her. Mom gave birth to seven children, her first died at birth in 1944, and she delivered 6 more within 11 years. She was always there for whatever we needed.

When my Father retired in 1982, it gave them so much joy that they could travel for the winter months, out of the cold Michigan weather to a warmer climate in the West.

Mom was a 3x cancer survivor thru the 80's and early 90's. She also had many other surgeries thru the years, and was a fighter to live. Her age was 87.

In 2004, my Father needed assistance for Mom when she was returning home after 6 months of hospital and nursing home stays. Dad asked me to help with her care. I was honored to help. I assisted Mom with her everyday needs, and we had many challenges and fun. We learned alot about each other, and our likes and dislikes. There wasn't a topic that we couldn't talk about. Dad also needed loving care, but he was a little more independent than Mom!!!

Mom had been ill and hospitalized the first week in July. She came home after a seven day stay, feeling terrific, and happy to be home. Within a week or so, Mom started to feel "punk" as she would say, and when the tests results returned, she needed to be hospitalized again. Dad and I admitted her to get "patched up", and we expected her to return home within a few days. Within less than a day in the hospital, Mom passed away while sleeping. What a shock!!

As I wrote her obituary, I stated, "Mom always put her family before herself". So true! In closing, I added, as her daughter, it was an honor to care for Mom during her last years. I miss her with every breath. Mother was loved!

I knew what Mom wanted for her funeral. We had spoken about the final arrangements very recently. We gave her a beautiful funeral, with all of the peach flowers that the florist could find. The funeral mass was a blessing, and Mom is resting now!

Our life now is to continue helping my Dad who is 88, and we have wonderful thoughts and memories of our Mom.
Whatever time you have left with your loved one, please let them know that they are loved, respected and cared for.

Mom loved this song....On eagle's wings....

And he will raise you up on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, Make you shine, like the sun, and hold you in the palm of His hand. Amen!

Thank you again!

Mary and Herm
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 08/16/08 05:05 AM

Thank you for your warm and loving tribute to your Mother, Mary. It says so much about your mom, your love for her and about you.

God will continue to bless you. You will have a lifetime of fine and loving memories to carry you through the rest of your years until you meet once more in Heaven.

Then you'll have all the time you need to catch up once more.
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Prayers for Brighteyes - 08/19/08 03:00 PM

I agree, what a wonderful tribute to your mom, Mary!

As caretakers also, Deb and I know whats involved day in, day out. The good and the bad, the happy and the sad.

As hard as it is sometimes, you have that peace once they pass that you did the right thing for them.
© 2024 Collector Forums