LighthouseKeepers.com

Congratulations Stephen!!!

Posted By: Jake's Mom

Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 01:27 AM

On Saturday, Stephen competed in his first competition for the speech team. His catagory was radio. He came in 3rd place in newscast, 2nd place in commercial, and 1st place in editorial. This qualified him for the finals. In the finals he took 1st place. We are so proud of him. (I still can't stand listening to talk radio all the time, though!) We have shared this with everyone we know and now we would like to share it with all of you who know him. We want to say "Congratulations Stephen!!" Best of luck for the rest of the speech season. (Don't think you're going to get a Harbour Light every time you win. But if that's what keeps you winning go ahead and think it!)

Mom & Dad
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 01:35 AM

Great Job Jakers!!

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
Posted By: Joanne

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 01:48 AM

Outstanding!

Joanne
Posted By: JJ

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 02:15 AM

Congrats to you Stephen/Jake. We knew you could do it but I am sure that it was lots of hard work.
Jim
Johnson
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 02:54 AM

Alright Stephen! Congratulations. Sounds like you better start negotiating for more "victory" HL's.

Rich

------------------
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 04:25 AM

Way to go Stephen! Congratulations. I listen to talk radio all the time. Maybe before long I'll hear you.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 04:26 AM

Way to go Jakers!!!

So tell us what you had to do in this competion?

1st 2nd and 3rd with a 1st overall. I'd say that should be worth THREE Harbour Lights!
Posted By: TGIFIF

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 05:34 AM

Jake congradulation. We all knew you would do great!! You "talk" well on forums & chat, & we are all behind you.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 06:30 AM

Great job Jakers. Have a great speech season.

Dave
Posted By: Art

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 07:40 AM

Bravissimo!
Posted By: Digger

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 12:36 PM

CONGRATULATIONS JAKE!!!
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 12:55 PM

Congrats, Steve a.k.a. "Jakers". Keep up the good work and maybe we will see you during prime time someday.

Bob
Posted By: Bob St Clair

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 05:11 PM

Congrats Jake. I listin to talk radio everyday and hope someday to rate you up there with The "RUSH"

------------------
Bob
Posted By: JeffB

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 05:14 PM

Way to go, Jakers!!! As an ex broadcasting student, know how scary that can get! 1st place on your first try! Congrats!!!
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 06:59 PM

Way to go Stephen!!!
Posted By: mombo

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 08:33 PM

Congratulations, Jake! You done good!

Mombo
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 09:07 PM

Way to go Jake!...or should I say "mega dittos" to the above comments.
Posted By: QC

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/15/99 11:40 PM

Well done Jake!!
George
Posted By: Jake

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/17/99 05:27 AM

Thanks for all the compliments, everyone. I got a Panama Canal set last Sunday for getting 1st. Even though I had to get up at 3:00 AM and we left at 4:15 AM, it was still lots of fun. It was my first meet, but I got the hang of it really quick. My friends and I all shared in each other's celebrations for placing or getting in finals. I can't wait for the next one (Saturday 4:15 AM again!).
I agree w/ John, BTW. And, answering his other question, I had to write and then read a newcast, then they gave me a minute to look over a commercial and give it, and then get another minute and deliver an editorial, and since I made it into finals, an on-the-spot where I went into the room, gave my number, and went right into it, with only a pic and a caption from USA Today on my side.

Thanks again,

Stephen

[This message has been edited by Jake (edited 11-16-99).]
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/17/99 06:38 AM

WAY TO GO !!!!!
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/17/99 07:04 AM

Hey Paul - got any Intern jobs for the summer over at WISH-TV8? I'm acting as agent for this great young "award-winning" Anchor-to-be.

John
Posted By: Richard W

Re: Congratulations Stephen!!! - 11/17/99 07:57 AM

Congrats. Jake !!!

Richard Weaver
One of the Smoky Mtn. Flame Keepers
© 2024 Collector Forums