LighthouseKeepers.com

2beacons Dad

Posted By: bright eyes

2beacons Dad - 09/07/04 01:29 AM

Mary (2beacons) Meyer's father, Mr. Paul Danielson, 88, passed away last evening.

Here is the story how Mary and I met.

A few years ago, I had submitted a classified ad in a national collectibles magazine for HL lighthouses for sale. On a Saturday evening, I received a phone call regarding my ad. After some conversation, we exchanged names/addresses. What a strange coincidence! Her father, and my husband's father, went to school together (in the 1930's), graduated together, and hunted for years together. Their birthdays were 5 days apart.

In the years that followed, these two men kept in contact with each other thru hunting activities, and friendship. Even tho hundreds of miles separated their lifestyles. 2beacons and my husband remember seeing each other in their childhood during visits with their fathers.

The two family connection is still visible today with the next generation thru the love of lighthouses!

Herm's dad passed away three years ago this past 4th of July, and the two buddies are now "hunting again" in heaven.

May God be watching over Mary and Jeff in the days to follow!

Sincerely,

Mary & Herm
Posted By: Nana

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/07/04 01:42 AM

Mary and Jeff, please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. I am sure that he was a loving man knowing you, Mary. Your father enjoyed a full life and what a honor to have a friend for so many years.
Derith
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/07/04 01:46 AM

God be with you and your family in these days of mourning, Mary & Jeff.
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/07/04 02:03 AM

Mary,

May God smile on the soul of your father. I'm certain that the prayers of everyone in the Forum are for him and also for you and Jeff during your time of intense grief.

Bob
Posted By: JJ

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/07/04 04:34 AM

Mary, Kathy and I send our regrets, thoughts and prayers to you during this difficult time also. Words can't really help at this time but know that your friends are thinking of you.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/07/04 05:26 AM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Mary and Jeff..

Paul & Sue
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/07/04 06:29 AM

Mary and Jeff we wish you well during this difficult time. I know what you're going through Mary...my dad also passed away this year. He was only 73. When I was younger, that seemed pretty old. The older I have gotten, the younger my dad seemed to be passing away too soon. frown
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/07/04 06:33 AM

Mary & Jeff, our thoughts are with you at this difficult time. You just can not prepare for the loss of a parent at any age. Just remember the good times. Our love & prayers go out to you and your whole family.
Ruthie & Terry
Posted By: Digger

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/07/04 11:47 PM

Our thoughts are with you Mary and Jeff and the rest of your family.
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/08/04 07:37 AM

Mary & Jeff - My deepest sympathies on the loss of your dear father.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/08/04 06:08 PM

Mary & Jeff, please accept my condolences. It's hard to accept the loss but try to think of the good times in celebrating his 88 years of life.
Bob
Posted By: wheland

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/08/04 07:08 PM

Mary & Jeff,

I'd like to add my condolences. I agree with the others- focus on the good times and the long life he enjoyed. It will help a little.

We went through the same thing in July with my Mother-In-Law passing away. She was 90 years young.

Dennis
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/09/04 02:35 AM

My sympathies Mary and Jeff, on the loss of your father.
Pam
Posted By: Elmer

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/10/04 12:33 AM

Mary,

Our deepest sympathies on the loss of your father.

Carol & Dan
Posted By: seagirt

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/10/04 03:32 PM

My greatest condolences to you and your families, Mary and Jeff.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/10/04 10:26 PM

OUr deepest sympathies are with all of you during this great loss.

Bert & Sharon
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/12/04 10:49 PM

To all of our friends on the forums:

Thank you very much for the condolences regarding the death of my father. It is very hard to say good-bye to your parent even though I know he is in a much better place. He has waited 40 years to see my mother again and I am sure he is smiling now.

This year has brought the passing of both my father and Jeff's mother. So we are now the head of the family in regards to the generations.

It is a great feeling to have such great friends from all over the country. Take care and again thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Mary and Jeff
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/13/04 07:06 AM

My deepest sympathies and prayers are with you and your family. May the Lord bless you and the Holy Spirit lift you up in this difficult time.
Posted By: Kat

Re: 2beacons Dad - 09/14/04 02:28 AM

Mary and Jeff,
Heartfelt sympathy's go out to you as well as our thoughts and prayers. God Bless You now and always.
Larry and Kat Waterson
© 2024 Collector Forums