LighthouseKeepers.com

Announcing Michael Paul Selwa!

Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/14/05 01:47 PM

Hi to everyone,

Michael Paul Selwa arrived by C-section on Wednesday afternoon, August 10, 2005, at 2:30 p.m. He weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces, and measured 19 inches in length. I was trying for a VBAC (vaginal birth after Cesarean Section) as Mary was a C-section, but my contractions stalled out and never dilated efficiently enough, so we decided to do a second C-section. Mary is a very proud and happy big sister, and Matt and I are thrilled. We think he looks like his daddy! I came home Friday afternoon and although very sore, am working on a quick recovery. He seems to be a pretty laid back little boy who does NOT like to have wet diapers and his clothes changed! He is also a big snuggler and will curl up into a fetal position when over your shoulder.

Our new house construction will hopefully be wrapping up this week so we expect to be in my the end of the month. I thank our Lord for the wonderful blessings he has brought into our lives and am ever grateful.

Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/14/05 03:15 PM

Congratulations to Mom & Dad, and to Mary for becoming a big sister, a VERY important role!

Welcome to the world, Michael Paul. smile

He's beautiful Jen, just beautiful. Your family has been on my mind, and I'm so tickled to see these photos. Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can do all those things you're craving to do.

Thank you for sharing these precious times.

Judy
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/14/05 04:00 PM

Congratulations!!

What a cutie pie! What a day! Mary looks so proud, too. Thanks for sharing. Keep those pictures coming.

P.S. Are you sure you can't make it to the reunion? smile
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/14/05 04:21 PM

Congratulations to all.. Michael Paul Selwa has a great middle name, Jen. It looks like Mary is going to be a big helper with her brother.
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/14/05 04:34 PM

Congratulations to the entire Selwa family! laugh laugh laugh

Welcome to the world, Michael! You're lucky to have been born into such a wonderful family. smile

Looks like we have another W.I.T. (Wacko-in-Training)!

I've been thinking and praying for your family the past few weeks, and hoping that everything came out okay. Now that it has, we can all enjoy the next few months, and lots and lots of photos of him! smile

Congratulations again! After all the pregnancy and stuff, you've got the adorable, lovable reward! smile
Posted By: catzb1

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/14/05 06:23 PM

Best wishes to the Selwa family!
He is just gorgeous!
You are very blessed.

Cathy smile
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/14/05 06:53 PM

Congratulations to all of you on the birth of Michael Paul. Mary seems to be right at home in the role of being his big sister.

Bert wink
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/14/05 07:26 PM

Glad it went well Jen...Michael Paul is georgeous and Mary looks happy to finally be able to old her brother. I'm guessing that Matt laugh has a big smile on his face too. You are very blessed with a wonderful family.
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/14/05 10:24 PM

Congrats! smile smile smile
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/14/05 11:42 PM

Jen,

Congratulations to you and Matt on the birth of your healthy new son. Good to hear that all are doing well and that Mary is taking charge.
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/15/05 12:02 AM

Congratulations, Jen! Glad to hear your newest bundle of joy has arrived.
Posted By: wheland

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/15/05 01:39 AM

Jen,

Congratulations on a fine looking son.

He didn't look too happy in that first photo but he seems to have adjusted by the later shots.

Take care of yourself- I'm sure your family will take good care of you.
Dennis
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/15/05 05:50 AM

Congratulations on your beautiful bundle of joy.
Judy
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/15/05 06:02 AM

Congratulations! As my Aunt Nell (a true lady of the South) would say
"God love that precious darlin'!"

laugh
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/15/05 06:18 AM

What a perfect addition to your family Jen! smile

Congrats to you, Matt, and Mary. I'm sure Mary will love being the second mother. laugh
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/15/05 03:02 PM

Congats on the new little guy, although he sure doesn't look too happy to be in that bright light in your first picture! He looks pretty perfect to me.

Boy, now the fun begins. Mary is all smiles now, but just wait 'til she figures out she's not top dog anymore wink

Mike
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/15/05 04:22 PM

Congrats Jen and family! A Priceless moment for the entire family.
Bob laugh
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/15/05 05:17 PM

Congratulations to the Selwa family!

A girl and a boy!! Priceless! smile

P.S. If you do attend the reunion Jen, there will be plenty of loving arms to help!! wink
Posted By: Jenifer Selwa

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/16/05 04:16 AM

HI all, thanks so much for the well wishes! I also received a GORGEOUS arrangement today from my CF family in congrats for the baby - boy was I SURPRISED! No one, including my other half, has sent me flowers in at least five years. Thank you to the person(s) responsible. I will be sure to post an image this week.
Posted By: LADYBUG

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/16/05 04:34 AM

B is for . . .
bottles, booties and bibs,
books, blocks and balls,
boats, baths and bubbles,
and your beautiful baby boy!

Congratulations to the Selwa family on your new little bundle of joy.

Darlene
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/16/05 05:05 AM

Hooray Hooray

Welcome to the Selwa family Michael Paul....you have been born into a wonderful family.

Congratulations to the whole family.....

Mary and Jeff
Posted By: Kat

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/16/05 11:14 PM

Wow....is does the heart good to see the beauty of a new little life coming into the world. Congratulations to all the entire Selwa family and may God shed HIS blessings upon you Jen for a very speedy recovery, and best wishes to Your Hubby and daughter. You looked great in the second pic Jen!! We wish you love and kodac moments for many many years.

Hugs and Prayers,
Larry and Kat Waterson
Posted By: mombo

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/17/05 04:22 PM

Oh wow! He's beautiful Mary! Congratulations to all of you! smile
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Announcing Michael Paul Selwa! - 08/17/05 07:21 PM

August is a good month for a birthday!
Congratulations and all the very best form England!
© 2024 Collector Forums