LighthouseKeepers.com

Ken Reese's Mom Passed 2-24

Posted By: Webmaster

Ken Reese's Mom Passed 2-24 - 03/07/06 05:19 AM

I talked with Ken this evening and he told me that his mom passed away on Friday the 24th.

It's not been a good week at all for Ken. On the day his mom was buried, his brother-in-law died of a massive stroke at age 64. Ken's mom was living with Carol and Buz Robertson so Carol went from a house of 3 people to 1 person in a few days. Carol couldn't attend her mom's burial because she was at the hospital with her husband.

It doesn't end there. Ken's daugher who lives in Portland OR was at Mayo Clinic Rochester MN on that day and had a diagnosis of a malignancy on her lung. She has since flown back to Oregon and Ken is awaiting final word on the outcome.

Let's keep Ken, his sister Carol and his daughter in our prayers in the next few weeks.

Anna Reese was born in 1917 and passed just short of her 89th birthday. Since we've missed our customary flowers for funerals, I proposed to Ken that we purchase a brick from Avery Point Lighthouse in memory of his mom; he would be very happy with our effort. If you want to participate in this joint effort, please email me at webmaster@lighthousekeepers.com and I'll coordinate the purchase of a brick.
Posted By: Kat

Re: Ken Reese's Mom Passed 2-24 - 03/07/06 06:28 PM

Ken,
Larry and I will keep you and your family in our prayers. Please keep us informed of your daughter, we pray that she will get through everything with complete healing. God Bless You All!!

Larry & Kat
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: Ken Reese's Mom Passed 2-24 - 03/07/06 09:40 PM

Ken, My heart goes out to you my friend. One loss is hard enough to take. Try to stay strong and remember you have a lot of people praying for you and your family. God bless!
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Ken Reese's Mom Passed 2-24 - 03/08/06 12:46 AM

Ken is in our thoughts and prayers during this time of loss. We'll especially keep Ken and his daughter in our prayers that she is successful in her fight.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Ken Reese's Mom Passed 2-24 - 03/08/06 01:11 AM

Ken, Sue and I send out our prayers for you and your family, as Dave states especially for your daughter in her fight to lick this thing...
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Ken Reese's Mom Passed 2-24 - 03/08/06 03:32 AM

I, too, will include the Reese family in my prayers.
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Ken Reese's Mom Passed 2-24 - 03/09/06 05:38 AM

Ken,

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time in your life. Take care.

Mary and Jeff
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Ken Reese's Mom Passed 2-24 - 03/09/06 04:39 PM

Ken,

I hope you know you've got lots of prayers and good thoughts coming your way during this difficult time you're going through. Take care and keep us updated about your daughter's progress.

John & Lorie
© 2024 Collector Forums