LighthouseKeepers.com

www.nantucketlightship.com

Posted By: Bob M

www.nantucketlightship.com - 08/18/04 01:51 PM

I was pleasantly surprised to find a great article about the Nantucket Lightship, WLV 612, in the September 2004 issue of "Yachting". The article is in their "The Yachting Life" section and is titled "Encore!"

The six page article is filled with pictures of the amazing transformation of a sad vessel destined for the scrapyards until purchased by Bill and Kristen Golden on eBay for $126,100. The whole story of the transformation is quite interesting as well as what the vessel is doing now.

There is a web site www.nantucketlightship.com that contains many interesting phtos and facts about the vessel. It is well worth the visit.

I wonder if the Goldens own an Anchor Bay replica of their boat?

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Bob M

Re: www.nantucketlightship.com - 08/24/04 03:02 PM

Not one reply to this topic? Hmmm! I wonder if anyone read it and gave the link a try...

confused Bob confused
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: www.nantucketlightship.com - 08/24/04 03:20 PM

Bob

Thanks for the link. I looked at it quickly the other day but did not have much time to thoroughly check it out. However upon taking a second and longer look it is quite an impressive web site, especially the graphics.I really like the photo gallery. I wonder how much they charge for a charter? They seem to be doing quite well with bookings.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: www.nantucketlightship.com - 08/24/04 04:08 PM

Bob
Nice site
Everything you want to know about the Nantucket Lightship. Again didn't find the time to go totally through it. It is a user freindly site and easy to find things.
© 2024 Collector Forums