LighthouseKeepers.com

Mackinaw Numbers

Posted By: beachcomber

Mackinaw Numbers - 06/22/06 12:31 AM

My beautiful Mac's arrived today! They are gorgeous! cool The double digits on these special models seem to keep avoiding me but the number on my matched pair is not bad: #143 laugh
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 06/22/06 02:29 AM

Grace,

I can hardly wait to see mine. Not to insult anyone, but pictures never seem to make up for the real thing. cool

bobo
Posted By: Brindfan

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/01/06 02:13 PM

I see the white Mackinaws are already sold out.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/01/06 03:39 PM

Sold out to dealers, that doesn't mean that some dealers still don't have some for sale..
You will have to go through a few dealers listed that aren't dealers anymore but I bet there are pieces to be found at still active AB dealers..
Since the Mac sailed the Great Lakes I would start with those dealers in those states first.. And then maybe surf the internet for dealers selling Anchor Bay..

They are still out there for sale!

And Bob I am not insulted, the real thing is always better than a picture but I sure enjoy shooting them for you guys and showing them off as best I can with an image or two.. When I get done with the project I am working on, I hope to shoot some more detail shots and post them of the newest releases..

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/01/06 03:45 PM

Sorry, should have clarified. Lighthouse Depot is already sold out of white Mackinaws.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/01/06 04:22 PM

Since I am out of the auto-shipment scene and many of my dealers that I use to rely on are now out of business, I thought I would be left out in the cold on this one. But Rich was able to find me one. I did an unforgivable collectors sin. I didn’t buy the matching numbers. I just requested the white version. I was surprised that the dealer didn’t require me to buy both versions. Since I am a collector of the hard to find Harbour Lights I couldn’t let this one go.

Paul is right. There should be some dealers that still have them. But I would’t wait too long.
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/01/06 04:42 PM

I have a matched pair. laugh They were purchased through GLLKA during the weekend of the decommissioning/commissioning and were 'hand carried' to Virginia.

They were the only set present at the Portsmouth regional and I was able to get them signed by both Bill and Nancy.

Now I'm looking into having cases built.

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/01/06 05:04 PM

I could only afford to buy one. I chose the red because IMHO, she looks better in red.

I know many old Coasties and many boatnerds liked her when she was the "Great White Mother", but I like how she looks in red and was happy when they finally painted her red in 1997.

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/02/06 06:20 AM

Bringing this back up - I started this to see what numbers CF members got, so let's hear them. GLLKA may not have sold out either. I bought mine from them - remember their sales are strictly for benefit of their preservation work.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/02/06 07:29 AM

I'm awaiting a matched set with "Lucky #13" on each flag.

I found out that one of the autoship dealers I used to deal with had some low double digit ones unspoken for and I raised my hand very quickly.

Commander McGinnis was to receive the matched number set with the Hull Number (#83) Not sure if that has happened yet or not.

As Paul has noted, they are out there.

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/03/06 04:16 AM

Good for you, John! That's a very cool number to have. It's great that #83 was designated for Commander McGinnis. cool Did Commander Little get #30?
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/03/06 12:10 PM

Grace - Harbour Lights told my dealer that the Mackinaws won't be shipping until the end of July timeframe. I know that I will be getting #112 for both the white and red hull versions because of autoship.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/03/06 05:03 PM

The A/B Mackinaws that are in the country were brought in early especially for the decommissioning ceremonies. GLLKA is about sold out of the ones they have. The rest are not expected until late July or early August, but they are worth the wait.

CDR McGuiness does not yet have his set of #83, but I know where they are... CDR Little won't be getting a set - not his ship. Need to start lobbying for an A/B of Baby Mac so you can have a matched set.

The white hulls are sold out to dealers, which is great. There can still be excitement in collecting HL products as Tony mentioned in his remarks at Portsmouth.

If you can not find a set send me a note and I can steer you to a source.
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/03/06 06:23 PM

Quote:
Need to start lobbying for an A/B of Baby Mac so you can have a matched set.
I kinda tried to start that lobby in a post made here USCGC Mackinaw thread on 4/18
Quote:
I'm thrilled with these two...but...
I think it would be really cool to have a model of the 'Baby Mac' to go with them.
I can say it again...how cool it would be if Harbour Lights also made the Mac 30!!!!
Harry, Tony...you guys listening? laugh
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/04/06 02:52 AM

I just got back from a 12 day boat trip. Nine of those days were spent at Block Island. The other three were at Point Judith. I was hoping to find my "Matching Macs" when I got home but I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer. I have auto ship #15 coming from my dealer. I like having the low number AB's. I matched set of #15's will be a welcome addition to my collection.

smile Bob smile

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/04/06 03:04 AM

To one and all,

A number of you have asked about the possbility of purchasing glass cases for the new Mackinaws. Could someone send me the dimensions of the glass cases? I understand that one ship is slightly taller than the other. Mine has not yet arrived.

But we've had so much rain lately that the delivery person must had had to use the ships to make the deliveries.

I will get back to you in a new thread with wood types and prices. Thank you.

bobo

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/04/06 07:28 AM

Lighthouse Depot sent me a card telling me my Mackinaw won't ship until August 18th. frown

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/04/06 06:37 PM

Thanks Brindfan,

Your post explains everything.

bobo
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/05/06 09:41 PM

Red & White #144 showed up at my house while I was in Tidewater. Like Grace I obtained mine through GLLKA. smile

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/09/06 05:39 AM

OK, how come some people already have their Mackinaws, but Lighthouse Depot isn't getting any until August??? confused

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/09/06 06:06 AM

About 50 pair of Mackinaws - white and red - were shipped in by air so that they could be sold at Cheboygan MI during the decommissioning of #83. The rest were shipped by sea container and it takes awhile longer to arrive in Maine, be broken down and reshipped to dealers.

Those who ordered from GLKKA got theirs. The rest of us are waiting. Don't worry; it will be worth the wait!!

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/09/06 09:14 AM

I see.

Now I'm curious as to why I wasn't informed about GLLKA selling Mackinaws considering I've been a member of GLLKA for the past FOUR YEARS! mad

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/09/06 04:18 PM

The intent was for GLLKA to sell the models at the ceremonies, to former crew members. It was not intended for it to be be publicized ahead of time. There is, however, an ad on the inside fron cover of the current Beacon. GLLKA is down to a handful of models.

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/09/06 08:31 PM

Oh, that's cool.

A great gesture on the part of GLLKA, as usual.

I wasn't really angry, I just felt left out. Living in Colorado, and being on the road so much in my job, makes it hard to stay informed. It's one of the reasons I'm glad I found this place, again. smile

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 07/10/06 02:39 AM

That's a bonus you will get by staying in touch on the forums. Until I started participating on a consistent basis, I missed out on a lot. Once members know you and what you like and need, they are also very quick to help and to alert you about upcoming events, new releases, etc. Sooo, as I said in another thread, keep working on becoming a Super Wacko; you'll have to stay in touch to do that! smile

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/23/06 01:52 AM

With the help of a fellow Super wacko, Got my White Mackinaw Tuesday and was so impressed I ordered the matching Red one and got it today. I now am a member of the "Matching Mac Club" with a low number of 110. Not bad for not being on a autoshipment.

Excellent job Harbour Lights.
The 500 limited white edition was an excellent idea. Didn't this idea come from some of our fellow Fourum members?

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/23/06 03:52 AM

The red and white version concept has been pushed by Curt Plaunt for some time. Curt is also the person who had been asking HL to make the MACKINAW for quite a while. Curt also happens to be a HL/AB dealer in Cheboygan.

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/23/06 05:42 AM

Thanks Dave
for the info.

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/23/06 03:15 PM

Quote:
My beautiful Mac's arrived today! They are gorgeous! The double digits on these special models seem to keep avoiding me but the number on my matched pair is not bad: #143

--------------------
beachcomber
The above is the original post of this topic. It was posted on 06-21-2006, approximately six months ago.

I'm on auto ship for all Anchor Bay products. I still haven't received my matching Mac pair. What's wrong with this picture?

confused Bob confused

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/23/06 04:59 PM

The ones Grace purchased were from the special shipment that was sent to GLLKA to be there in time for the decommissioning ceremonies on June 10th. (They arrived on June 9th - just in time....) Bob, I have to believe that part of the problem of you not having yours yet is that the dealer hasn't gotten around to shipping them to you.

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/23/06 07:11 PM

I have set of #14 Mac's just now being shipped to me, Bob.. Same dealer as you so it won't be long until yours arrive, I figure mine will arrive Monday or Tuesday.. Since I already have a set, I haven't figured out yet what I will do with this matched set of the #14..

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/23/06 08:03 PM

Probably not Monday, Paul . . .

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/23/06 08:15 PM

Monday if they arrived at work today, since I have to work on Monday, Dave...

Just celebrated my 35yr anniversary at WISH TV8 on December 6th but seniority only works on vacations not holidays.. I did get a nice 35th anniversary bonus from the station, $500. It has come in real handy this week while on vacation at Chad's home and last minute Christmas shopping,.

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/24/06 05:58 PM

Quote:
I have set of #14 Mac's just now being shipped to me, Bob. Same dealer as you so it won't be long until yours arrive, I figure mine will arrive Monday or Tuesday.
Thanks for the info, Paul. I should expect mine would be on my door step on Wednesday or Thursday in that case. Hopefully the Collector's Guide will be included in the package.

I think that's the last of my 2006 HL releases expected. Now on to the 2007's!!!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: LightHog_dup1

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/24/06 07:23 PM

Glad to say that my Mac's arrived in time for Christmas. Not a #13, 14, or 15 - but a beautiful matched two digit set(72). laugh Well worth the wait. I believe that they're my 'new' favorites and a great addition my display of all 6 Lightships and the Eagle.
Now I just have to recover from Christmas expenses and get some new cases made.
Roger
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/26/06 05:37 PM

Matched Set of No. 73's arrived before Christmas.

The White version is absolutely AWESOME! The red on the red version is a little dull for my taste, however the ice makes up for it. The intricate detail is amazing.....

These are truly unique collector pieces. I would love to see more 500 editions released.

Can't wait for the 1st Order Lens now ..... smile
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/26/06 05:40 PM

I picked up our matched set of Mackinaws on 12/19 along with our HL COllectors Guide. I was very surprised to see that we received #77 for our matched set.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/26/06 06:02 PM

You may have been working Paul but the delivery guys weren't!
Posted By: BeaconBob

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/27/06 02:51 AM

Wish I was collecting these back in the summer. frown
I probably missed out on the matching number Mac's.

Anyone know a dealer that might have any left?

BB
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/27/06 04:01 AM

Bob, the Bronze Lady might have a red one. I believe the white ones are gone.

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/27/06 04:12 AM

Eric,
My wife has a red one on order for me...was supposed to be a Christmas gift. It isn't expected in until February or March. frown I was thinking if I could find a matching #'s white and red one someplace...I would just have her cancel her order...

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/27/06 03:14 PM

It's going to be tough to find a matched pair anywhere near retail pricing now. The serious collectors smell the blood of those who have been willing to pay big bucks on eBay for these matched pair treasures. In a lot of cases, people are paying hundreds of dollars over retail just to own the white hull version.

Is the thrill of collecting coming back? Will Harbour Lights capitalize on this success with similar offerings in the future? Clean off your crystal ball and make your predictions, Ladies and Gentlemen!

smile Bob smile

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/27/06 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BeaconBob:
...My wife has a red one on order for me...was supposed to be a Christmas gift. It isn't expected in until February or March...
Before anyone asks, red hulls are temporarily in short supply until the next order arrives from the manufacturer. Some dealers should still have them, just not in the HL warehouse.

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/27/06 06:37 PM

Bob M. the matched pair of number 14's pulled into harbor in Indy today, which means yours should be there by tomorrow..

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/27/06 09:53 PM

Good news, Paul, they arrived today! I just came back from giving Ma & Dad a demonstration of the Keurig Gourmet Coffee System, and the box from the Lighthouse Gallery was on my steps. Viola! Double bubble on the "Macs" and a bonus. The Official Collector's Guide was also in the box. Now I can experience first hand all the great work by the Brady/Chidester Team! Can't wait to get a few spare minutes to start viewing the book.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/28/06 01:28 AM

My matched red and white pair of #19s arrived yesterday. Surrounded by all Great Lakes LEs, they took pride of place on the top shelf of the display case. This is probably my most favorite AB to date.

__
/im
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/28/06 01:47 AM

I got my matched set #156 from the GLLKA back in September.

Tom

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/28/06 03:13 AM

I haven't opened up my Mac boxes yet. Maybe some time tomorrow would be appropriate. I'm tempted to sell them for I have no real alligiance to keep them forever, and selling now would turn the best price. What to do, what to do?

confused Bob confused
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 12/28/06 02:23 PM

Is this 'blasphemy' Bob? The most staunch AB Collector on the forum willing to give up his Big Macs? eek Oh My! Next you'll tell me you don't believe in Santa Claus. :p
I guess it's 'whatever floats your boat.' lol
Bob

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 01/10/07 08:29 PM

WOW!!! You'll never guess what showed up at my door today? And they are beautiful!!!

Matching Mac's!!! #432 Many thanks to this board and a certain Super Wacko for a source and that source was GREAT at a price I couldn't turn down!!! towel

These Mac's are SWEET! vhappy

As an added bonus...I also got a matching number Cheboygan Crib Reunion Lighthouse with the same number as the Mac's.
Now that is a very cool thing indeed for a new collector.!
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 01/10/07 09:11 PM

SWEET is the word !!! cheers
Posted By: shiulong

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 01/20/07 03:32 AM

They are GREAT and cool matched 39's vhappy

Chuck
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Mackinaw Numbers - 01/23/07 03:52 PM

Finally got mine yesterday from my dealer via my folks. They picked tham up for me while they were in Door County. My Dad like them so much he bought the last matched set they had for themselves. I recieved set #121. I don't remember what my Dad got.

I must say I like them, although I'm a little disappointed that they could not get the lettering on the sides a little straighter. The "Coast Guard" name looks a bit crooked.

Mike
© 2024 Collector Forums