LighthouseKeepers.com

2003 Anchor Bay Introductions??

Posted By: lhlover

2003 Anchor Bay Introductions?? - 12/11/02 09:06 PM

We officially have the 2003 Harbour Lights Introductions. Now what about the Anchor Bays? I've checked the website and there isn't any indication of next year's "boats". Has any one heard any news? Please tell if you have. Inquiring collectors want to know. wink Thanks. smile
Posted By: Bob M

Re: 2003 Anchor Bay Introductions?? - 12/12/02 03:46 AM

Nothing has been said about any Anchor Bay releases for 2003. My guess is there will be at least one, maybe two. I would expect an announcement around "mid-year". Hopefully, they will add another Lightship to the line, and maybe another Coast Guard boat.

Time will tell...

smile Bob smile
Posted By: CAVR

Re: 2003 Anchor Bay Introductions?? - 12/14/02 09:19 PM

Nothing has been said a bout LLOM either.....

Looks like we all need to be patient and wait a little longer. Word has to come eventually about other pieces besides LE, GLOW and special editions.

I figure within the next month we will hear more announcements of various new pieces.
Posted By: SThompson

Re: 2003 Anchor Bay Introductions?? - 12/18/02 05:20 AM

We have to have all this excitement spread throughout the year! Don't spill the beans to early.

:rolleyes:

Re: 2003 Anchor Bay Introductions?? - 12/18/02 01:02 PM

You're right, Sean. Harbour Lights releases information at schedule times to obtain the maximum amount of interest in this line of collectibles. This anticipation keeps the collectors talking, guessing, wishing and hoping.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 2003 Anchor Bay Introductions?? - 12/19/02 05:36 AM

I would sure like to see the Fire Island Lightship.
Posted By: lhlover

Re: 2003 Anchor Bay Introductions?? - 12/25/02 07:08 PM

I'll be happy to see any lightship! laugh
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: 2003 Anchor Bay Introductions?? - 12/26/02 05:03 AM

I agree. It is time for an other lightship.
Don't matter which one. It needs to come with a display case for the first 1000. How would a new lightship fit in with my other ones without a display case?
NO; I won't buy a Tori Dawn off of Ebay for a song and THROW away the ship and use it's display case.

Re: 2003 Anchor Bay Introductions?? - 12/26/02 11:03 PM

Hi Dan, ...Before you throw away a "Tori Dawn", send it to me and I'll refund your postage. I feel the Tori Dawn is one of the better fictional boats they produced.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: 2003 Anchor Bay Introductions?? - 12/27/02 03:49 PM

Bob
I have nothing against the Tori Dawn. But it is one of four AB that runs cheap on ebay and at dealers, that comes with a glass display. I would rather HL start supplying display cases again, than buy up any Anchor Bay just for their case.
I started out collecting Anchor bay with display cases and I would like to continue my collection that way. I realize that HL had a lot of problems with the cases and that most collectors enjoy the lower prices of the display-case-less AB. I feel that probably 25% of the collectors would pay the extra for the case, especially for the lightships.
I would like to see the first 1000 of the next lightship come with a glass enclosure. Call it a special edition . Then the next 2000 to 3000 can come case-less.
No-open-edition-stuff.
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: 2003 Anchor Bay Introductions?? - 12/27/02 05:27 PM

I would definitely be open to getting another light ship. I have the Chesapeake and the Huron. They tie in very nicely with the lighthouses.

At the same time, I hope the Coast Guard vessels are selling well for Younger and Associates. They're the best I've seen.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: 2003 Anchor Bay Introductions?? - 12/27/02 11:49 PM

Daniel, It's not a bad idea to buy the Anchor Bay open edition Chesapeake, Huron, Portsmouth or any of the other pieces that have the same dimension as the LE Chesapeake and keep the case but sell the lightship. I bought 7 open edition Chesapeakes and Hurons at half price($80.00) and sold the lightships for $30.00 on the forums. I have 4 left after using 3 of them for the Coast Guard 95' WPB, 41' UTB and the rubber innertube. I'm with you about the display cases so rather then not buy them I just bought the discounted Anchor Bays and used the cases. I have brass tags made up with all the information on it so they look like true Anchor Bays under glass.

Rich cool
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: 2003 Anchor Bay Introductions?? - 12/28/02 02:41 AM

Rich,

I think you're on to a great idea. I'll have to watch for them on the internet and see what I can do. Never know when I might get a lightship to put into it.

Bert smile
© 2024 Collector Forums