LighthouseKeepers.com

What are the dimensions?

Posted By: flacoastie

What are the dimensions? - 04/20/06 01:21 AM

Paul - You can probably answer this question as you have the paint sample that you took pictures of. What are the exact dimensions of the Mackinaw including the base? Tip to tip length including base? Side to side width including base? Bottom of base to top of mast height? I need to start making some glass cases.
Posted By: Digger

Re: What are the dimensions? - 04/20/06 01:33 AM

Easy.....
L= 290' W=74.5' = lots of glass!!

(Ok, I'll shut up) laugh
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: What are the dimensions? - 04/20/06 01:59 AM

GOOD ONE DIGGER! laugh
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: What are the dimensions? - 04/20/06 02:11 AM

Digger is back!!! laugh

Re: What are the dimensions? - 04/23/06 01:39 AM

Wacko Paul - Are you there? Answer up if you are able. You can probably answer this question as you have the paint sample that you took pictures of. What are the exact dimensions of the Mackinaw including the base? Tip to tip length including base? Side to side width including base? Bottom of base to top of mast height? I need to start making some glass cases.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: What are the dimensions? - 04/23/06 02:28 AM

How about a pretty please?

The AB118 is 12 inches long, 4 5/8 inches wide and 4 3/4 inches tall from the base (with a thin felt layer) to the tip of the mast (fragile)... The paint sample is heading back to Harry on Monday, it looked real nice in my Anchor Bay cabinet.. I will leave the spot open when I get the full time replacement.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: What are the dimensions? - 04/23/06 04:22 AM

Rich - are you making these cases for yourself? Or are you taking orders from others? And what would be the price for them if you are selling?

Re: What are the dimensions? - 04/23/06 05:20 AM

Paul - Thank you very much. I figured you had taken off with the paint samples and was undercover.

John - I just make them for myself John. Most of the time an existing AB glass case will work coming from a lightship. In every case so far even if the glass case was the wrong size the base would still work with a larger glass case which I make. With the dimensions that Paul furnished the 12" length is too big for the AB bases so the whole case must be made. There is way too much time involved to make these cases by hand to even think about making them too sell.

Bob Ott has a source for custom made cases at a really reasonable price so I'm sure if anyone wants a case Bob will order it for them. I do however have a source for the brass nameplate. It is made of a plastic material that looks like brass and has the AB Logo the same as the original AB brass plates. The etching also looks the same with the ship's name, designation and serial number/4000 looking identical to the original plates. The plates are $16.00 each and that includes shipping.

Re: What are the dimensions? - 04/23/06 06:14 AM

Thanks, guys! I'm all ears because this is one case I am going to need - Big Mac will probably be the only AB I own and I want to be sure I get a case and plate. As soon as I know for sure that I have a model reserved, I will need to track down all this info again. laugh
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: What are the dimensions? - 04/23/06 02:21 PM

Quote:
What are the exact dimensions of the Mackinaw including the base?
Per Digger:
Quote:
L= 290' W=74.5' = lots of glass!!
Rich, we know what you meant, but Digger, that response was classic! laugh

Re: What are the dimensions? - 04/23/06 03:18 PM

Yea I know Judy, but what can you expect from someone that spends his time playing and digging in dirt.

Re: What are the dimensions? - 04/24/06 01:38 AM

Good one, Rich! laugh
© 2024 Collector Forums