More Close-up images

Attached picture HL395_07.jpg
Attached picture HL395_08.jpg
Attached picture HL395_10.jpg
Attached picture HL395_11.jpg
Attached picture HL395_12.jpg
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 01/24/11 08:30 PM

Paul -- does the state name on that flag say "EL" instead of "FL"???
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 01/24/11 11:35 PM

Yes and I made Harry aware of it.. Thankfully it has not started yet in full production.. These are paint samples that I shoot now, so when I find something I tell Harry immediately.. There is an error on one of the other 2011 lighthouses, that I have posted in this Forum. It had already started in production when I made Harry aware of it and will have to be that way on the 1st ones released, I didn't show a close-up of that error to see how long it takes for someone to post about it when the lighthouse is released for sale..
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 01/25/11 12:48 AM

Thanks for the photos Paul, excellent as always. As in the past I have linked these close-up pages to the corresponding page on our website. Much appreciated.
Just one question, HL doesn't list the sizes of these new releases. Can you give us an idea of what these measure?
Thanks again.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 01/25/11 02:08 AM

Fantastic piece. All of them are great so far and that is why I hold my comments till I see Paul's pictures or in person. The pictures on the HL website are nice but Paul's are GRREEAAT as Tony the tiger says!
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 01/25/11 03:39 AM

Thanks to Pauls pics, we can see that this is another awesome looking piece. My only concerns are with the size.
Posted By: HCS

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 01/25/11 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: WackoPaul
Yes and I made Harry aware of it.. Thankfully it has not started yet in full production.. These are paint samples that I shoot now, so when I find something I tell Harry immediately.. There is an error on one of the other 2011 lighthouses, that I have posted in this Forum. It had already started in production when I made Harry aware of it and will have to be that way on the 1st ones released, I didn't show a close-up of that error to see how long it takes for someone to post about it when the lighthouse is released for sale..

Stannard Rock says 2010. Shouldn't it be 2011?

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 01/25/11 06:34 PM

That is the copyright date not the production year. it just means that Harry had it in the works and copyrighted it earlier than the others.. it might have been in the works for last year and for one reason or the other was moved back to a 2011 release. This has happened in the past with other lighthouses. I just can't remember them off of the top of my head, no bald jokes Scroope..

Mark Wagner in the forums, got what the other error and emailed me the correct error without me showing an image of it.. Since it was the only release I didn't include the flag, he surmised it is the HL396 Chicago Harbor SE Guide Wall Light that has the error..

Description: HL396 Chicago Harbor SE Guide Wall Light (LL) instead of IL
Attached picture HL396_04.jpg
Posted By: wyattd01

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 01/26/11 02:06 AM

Nice! I noticed that too about Stannard Rock's tag stating 2010 instead of 2011.
Posted By: Angels Gate

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 02/03/11 09:38 PM

Roland,
The sizes of the new lights are posted on the LHD site as follows:

Vermilion 4.5 X 3.5"
Chicago Harbor SE 5 X 4"
Saddleback Ledge 7.5 X 4.5"
Stannard Rock 5 X 4.5"
Morgan Point 5.75 X 4"
Alligator Reef 5 X 4"

Shinnecock Bay has no size listed.
Alligator Reef is 20% smaller than Crooked River was last year, for the same price.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 02/04/11 01:02 AM

Those sizes have got to be a typo on the LHD site.

Anytime I see 3's and 4's, I'm thinking LLOM's.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 02/04/11 03:51 AM

I am with you, Loon, but after they did a good job on the size of the 2010 lights, I ordered all of these just on the pictures alone. If I wanted LLOMs, I would pay $21.95, not $99.00!
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 02/04/11 06:24 AM

Smaller sizes and familiar prices vs. familiar sizes at higher prices.

It was inevitable.

Look on the positive side; You can squeeze these new ones onto the shelves of your old curios. You won't have to buy bigger curios.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 02/04/11 03:13 PM

The sizes above are also listed in the LHD catalog, but, what is wrong with the sizes. Collectors have been complaining for years that the footprints have been toooo big and now they are within reason. What's wrong with the smaller sizes?

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 02/04/11 03:25 PM

Just received my packet from HL on the new lighthouses. Those are the sizes that are listed on the new handout.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 02/04/11 03:46 PM

frustrated Smaller sizes on some pieces I can accept, but a few will standout next to another light from a prior year. Alligator Reef at 5" next to Carysport or Fowey Rocks is going to look dwarfed. I would have rather HL made Alligator Reef last year at a 6" or 7" size, and Crooked River this year at 5".

nono Size also matters versus price. 20% reduction in size at the same price as one I bought a few months ago??? If it is truely the folks in China raising the cost, then its time to look at Sri Lanka or Vietnam.

applaud I guess the size issue is our "Snake in Paradise" with these Harbour Lights pieces. Everything else about them is awesome !!! bow
Posted By: Rock

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 03/31/11 04:26 AM

Any chance you could start putting a quarter or a ruler beside some of these so we can see how big a footprint? I guess I'm one of the few who LIKES the smaller sizes...they were getting way, way too big for my curio space a long time ago...

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 03/31/11 04:38 AM

Rock, If you like the smaller sized pieces, you'll like Alligator Reef!

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 03/31/11 07:59 PM

Sure enough, Loon! But Gary and I like the larger size. Even so, I understand those who liked the LLOMs for the fact they can display more of them properly in less space. What I have trouble with, is why HL didn't continue making LLs for those who prefer them, and simply have fewer (but 'regular' size) LE releases each season. They (LEs) would be more expensive, but there wouldn't be as many to buy, so it would be a win-win deal. I know this will NOT happen, so I also agree that they should shop around for another place to make them. My personal choice IF THEY COULD DO IT, AND I KNOW THEY CANNOT, would be Bangladesh!
Posted By: rustyjax

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 10/28/14 03:40 AM

Looking to buy one of these at this point, it anyone has one to sell!

rustyjax@bellsouth.net

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 10/28/14 01:53 PM

Rusty - You might want to check with Roland at the Cape Cod Store since he probably has the largest collection of lighthouses available to him through his collector chain. I have bought several hard to find lighthouses (Alligator Reef is almost impossible to find because of the limited production) and if anyone can find it, Roland can. Call (508)364-0947.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 10/29/14 05:58 PM

You could find a Coquille easier than an Alligator Reef. I also made the mistake of not purchasing it when Harbour lights were giving them away for $35. I spent years looking for one, then Rich found me one this past spring, right here in Florida at an old Harbour Light Dealer. Sorry she only had the one. The good news is that if you do find one they usually go for retail. Can't say that about the Coquille.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 11/03/14 09:27 PM

I have two HL395 Alligator Reef lighthouses but they are NOT for sale.. They one on the left is a prototype that wasn't produced for sale, probably only two or three were ever produced at all..

Attached picture Twin.jpg
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 11/04/14 01:32 AM

I was lucky and picked one up when Lighthouse Depot was having their blow sales at the end. Got it for $22.00. The flag said it was number 97.
I need to check my Chicago Harbor SE Guide Wall flag for the state.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 11/04/14 03:58 PM

Wow a green water version. What a special Lighthouse.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 11/04/14 07:58 PM

It's not just green, when I get a moment I will shoot some closeups..

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 05/24/15 10:33 PM

Glad I picked up one of these for cheap when LH Depot was cleaning house...
Posted By: Rusty

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 06/09/15 12:34 AM

I am missing something here.. How many of these were originally made?

Ooops. Saw online where they made 1200 of these.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 06/11/15 02:38 PM

From all research that I have done there were actually only 550 made for HL365 through HL837. The plan was for 1200 each for most of these pieces, except for 5 pieces, but production stopped at 550. The exceptions to the 1200 planned production were HL365 Point Vincente(1500), HL366 Bishop & Clerks(550), HL367 Sankaty on the Move(999), HL370 Carysfort(550)and HL395 Alligator Reef(550).

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 05/31/16 09:42 PM

I've got #48, if anyone cares this late in the game...

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 06/01/16 06:10 AM

Rock
Of course we care
and that is nice low number.
The Alligator Reef is still on collectors to buy list, but they just can't be found.

Like I have been saying,a Alligator Reef just cant be found and if you found one it is worth bragging about especially a double digit.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 06/01/16 06:09 PM

I have collectors on my "wish list" who would kill to get an Alligator Reef, a Crooked River, or a Key Largo. Currently, three of the most sought after HL's.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 06/20/16 10:05 AM

Hard to find out how many are out there when nobody gets on the Forums much anymore...but I like a challenge like this, brings back the spirit and the thrill of the hunt!

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 06/22/16 10:41 AM

550 is the general number that Tony released for the #HL365 and up.
But we really don't know for sure.
I will have to dig my HL395 out of storage to see its number, forgot to write it down.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 06/22/16 12:06 PM

Rock - All the information about everything HLs produced is contained in my free PDF files. If you are interested all you have to do is contact me by email at flacoastie@embarqmail.com and request the 30 files.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 07/12/16 05:21 PM

Hey Roland, as a dealer, did you ever have any of those 3 sought after FL lights for sale in your store back then? I've become kinda fascinated with their scarcity since you mentioned it above...

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 07/13/16 07:57 AM

Yup, we had them and sold out in a relatively short time. As that was the waning days of HL, the dealers didn't have a very good rapport with the company so we didn't do any extras, just our primary auto ship.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 07/15/16 04:24 PM

Thanks for the info, Roland...am wondering if Crooked River was the same smaller size as Alligator Reef?

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 07/17/16 05:58 PM

Originally Posted By Rock
Thanks for the info, Roland...am wondering if Crooked River was the same smaller size as Alligator Reef?

Both were similar size, Alligator approx. 5" tall x 4" wide, Crooked River approx. 5 x 5.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 07/27/16 10:04 AM

Again, thanks, Roland...I have to find one of these babies!

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 07/27/16 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By Rock
Again, thanks, Roland...I have to find one of these babies!

Good luck. Be prepared to dish out some serious cash, as this piece is very much in demand.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 07/28/16 09:52 AM

I'm prepared ;-) you're talking to a guy who paid a pretty penny for Coquille back in the day...

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 08/12/20 01:44 AM

After almost a decade of waxing and waning, I am revisiting this after seeing it going for $850 on the secondary market...the perfect size too, I have #48.

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 09/28/20 01:27 PM

#395 ALLIGATOR REEF went for $1075 plus $50 shipping.
Posted By: RMau

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 09/29/20 01:23 PM

Someone really, really, really wanted Alligator Reef! Maybe to finish out their Florida Harbour Lights collection.

Rick

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 10/03/20 11:16 PM

Wow, that's amazing...and kinda encouraging!

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 10/18/20 11:54 PM

Yup. We have one on our site for $850. I feel that's about where the market should be on Alligator Reef. The collector who bought it could have saved himself a couple of hundred dollars! https://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbour_lights/le_alligator_reef.html

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 11/21/20 01:55 PM

Another #395 ALLIGATOR REEF on eBay went for over 1000 dollars. It went for $1100 for a bur it now

Re: HL395 Alligator Reef, FL Lighthouse Close-ups - 11/27/20 07:45 PM

Buyer should have looked on my website. I have one for $850. Would have saved him $250. https://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbour_lights/le_alligator_reef.html
© 2024 Collector Forums