LighthouseKeepers.com

New Fresnel Lens Pieces

Posted By: Anonymous

New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 01/09/02 01:57 AM

I received my copy of the new Lighthouse Depot Catalog and on the page with the two new fresnel lens pieces HL650 and HL651 it states that they are "retired". So if you want them you better make arrangements with your local dealer.

The Lightkeeper
Mike

[This message has been edited by TheLightkeeper (edited 01-08-2002).]
Posted By: fl_light

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 01/17/02 05:05 PM

I did notice this.... and it brings up a question.
I have never ordered anything from Lighthouse Depot so I am not sure how they handle shipments. I placed my order with them back in November for both the Fresnel Lens'. Does this mean I am guaranteed shipment on my order? I did receive a authorization number from LHD.
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 01/17/02 07:40 PM

I think you are "good to go" fl_light! I have received authorization numbers from Lighthouse Depot for backorders in the past and received my figurines when they came in.
I've never had a problem dealing with them!
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 01/18/02 12:55 AM

Their shipping prices are expensive, however, they are very dependable to deal with. I would call and verify that you are getting your pieces to put any doubt out of your mind.

Rich
Posted By: DMancini

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 01/26/02 12:21 AM

Anyone besides me get an unhappy postcard today?

"3 1/2 Order Bivalve Fresnel lens - expected ship date 3/29/2002.

------------------
Diane
Posted By: CAVR

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 01/26/02 03:13 AM

Yup, I also got a card for the other lens as well, the 3 1/2 order fresnel lens.

Apparently since the lenses are running a little late on their release, LHD is indicating that both lenses are expected to be shipped on March 29, 2002.

"Good things come to those who wait", and believe me, these are going to be GREAT!!

Besides, the ole Mastercard can wait a month or two for another large charge.

Christopher
Posted By: Bob M

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 01/26/02 02:47 PM

Think positive! We all know these wonderful pieces are coming. Maybe your tax refund check will be back in time to pay for them.

Bob
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 01/26/02 07:56 PM

Yes I received the cards as well. I had hoped they would ship in February as a birthday present for me. Oh well, I guess I can wait.

Suzanne
Posted By: fl_light

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 01/27/02 01:12 AM

...got my card in the mail today! I was so looking foward to getting the lenses next month. WHAT A DELAY!....from the first of the year to April. Patience has never been a strong point of mine.
Posted By: shiulong

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 01/27/02 03:48 AM

Has anyone notice or is it me. I have seen several 5th order bee hives at several shops here in the area that weren't there a month ago. I thought those were history?

Chuck

------------------
bigdragon

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 01/28/02 01:58 AM

Chuck, from what I heard, some were broken and there were some extras still going to some stores. This could be the reason.
Posted By: Larry

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 02/23/02 07:03 PM

New postcards from LHD today...4/30/02
Posted By: cclighthousebuff

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 02/25/02 02:22 AM

I've been told that the April date is very optimistic. Apparently there continues to be significant production problems with both lenses. In fact, I was told by my dealer that it could extend into the summer....if at all. Did anyone hear anything about this???
Posted By: Bob M

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 02/25/02 03:03 PM

Hey Randy, ...I hope my dealer is one of those stores if some of the new lenses made it through okay. If there is a design flaw that causes breakage, and a person is lucky enough to get one that isn't damaged, just imagine how rare that piece would be.

Bob

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 02/25/02 07:41 PM

Hey Bob, I think Chuck was talking about the 5th Order Lens. There were some stores that got pieces later because of earlier breakage of these pieces. I haven't heard of any of the new lenses hitting the stores yet.

Am I wrong? Are any of the new ones out yet?

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 02/25/02 08:20 PM

I was talking about the 5th order lens. I have ordered the new clamshell. It has more character than the beehive. Of course that just my opinion, I could be wrong (but I doubt it lol).

Chuck

------------------
bigdragon
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 02/26/02 07:05 PM

I inquired with Harbour Lights and the word that I got is, that they are still hopeful the Fresnels can be delivered to their dealers in April 2002...

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 02-26-2002).]

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 02/26/02 07:29 PM

Should we hold our breath or not ?

Isn't this like the 3 delay now or something like this. But hey, if it makes the pieces that much better, I'll wait!

And yes I did cry when my cards arrived from LHD indicating that the expected shipping date is 4/30/02.

Now if the next set of "Backorder" cards from LHD say sometime in May or June, I am going to get suspicious on this whole fresnel issue with the new lenses.

Christopher
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 02/26/02 07:57 PM

The Fresnel delay has been helpful to the Brady bank account...

I have found that the shipping dates that Harbour Lights give out are.... at times dates that they are trying to meet but that unforeseen circumstances prevent it from happening. I still like the practice of soft dates of delivery rather than no dates announced, which would be easier for them to meet..... obviously.

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 02-26-2002).]
Posted By: Brenda McHenry

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 02/27/02 10:08 AM

I called Harbour Lights on Mon. 2-25-02 about the lenses. She told me sometime in early April. I guess the Company was not happy with the quality. As far as the Lighthouse Depot goes the prices on the lighthouses are a little under suggested retail. It's their shipping the kills you.
They do provide excellent service and do backorder your products. I have ordered serveral things from them, and have never been disappointed.
I thought about ordering the lenses from them also, but my local Hallmark dealer insists she has mine on order. I sure do hope so.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 03/01/02 12:46 AM

Looks like another delay. Michele told me that they now expect the beehive to ship in April and the Clam Shell to ship in May.

Hang in there. You want it perfect, right?

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 03/01/02 01:28 AM

We've been there before right John!
Better to have a delay than not to have it just right!

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 03/03/02 06:21 PM

I agree....

We'll just have to wait for these little treasures!

Christopher
Posted By: oseabee

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 03/03/02 07:43 PM

We all complained about the wait for the 5th order but it came and we all enjoyed it sounds like the same with these 2 all we can do is sit and wait or take inferior quality which will it be?Bill O'Brien
Posted By: Dave H

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 03/04/02 12:24 AM

Yesterday, Bill indicated the problem with the lens was with the metal work, and I believe the plating that covers it. Hopefully they will get things worked out soon, but I would rather wait and get a well done HL, no factory recalls!

Dave

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 03/09/02 12:56 AM

An update on the two new Fresnel lenses:

The two Fresnel Lenses have been delayed. HL651 Beehive Fresnel is now expected to ship to dealers in April; the HL 650 Clamshell Fresnel is expected to ship in May.
Posted By: Larry

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 03/09/02 01:05 AM

What about the "Fresno" Beehives?

[This message has been edited by Larry (edited 03-08-2002).]

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 03/09/02 01:16 AM

Sounds like a girl group from the 50s.

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 03/09/02 02:40 AM

I think the are a girls group. They are expecting next week.

Chuck

------------------
bigdragon
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 03/09/02 03:42 AM

Here`s a drawing of the new piece. :^)
terry
Posted By: mombo

Re: New Fresnel Lens Pieces - 03/09/02 04:49 AM

Wonder where the seahorse is, which makes me ask - did the first lens have a seahorse???
© 2024 Collector Forums