LighthouseKeepers.com

White River, MI

Posted By: FredKuhl

White River, MI - 03/25/99 12:15 AM

Picked up my White River today.

If you like surprises, read no further.

Was pleasantly surprised. Looking at the HL '99 releases pic, I wasn't too impressed. They did a much better job than the picture depicts. Bob Y would be proud of the tree (it would take the beaver all year to do anything to that one). But they really did a great job on the ivy (on the side not shown in the pic). Leave it to HL to be able to add a littlt unexpected something to the piece.

It's not a sock knocker offer like St. Marks but one you'll still be happy to add to your collection.

Fred - The Older (not ancient) mariner!
Posted By: mombo

Re: White River, MI - 03/25/99 11:21 PM

Fred: In the slic pic the tree looks sooooo big! How does it seem in person, too big? Thought I might like this one but the size of the tree is putting me off a bit.

Re: White River, MI - 03/25/99 11:51 PM

Mombo

Underneath the mighty oak,
The village smithy stood

Actually it is not that much out of proportion. It really looks nice.

Mombo, I'm originally from the midwest. Back there we didn't call it Alzheimer's we called it CRS syndrome

The forgetful Mariner

Re: White River, MI - 03/26/99 12:20 AM

What was it I wanted to say....
Oh, yes! Thanks, Fred!

Corn Rye Soybeans

Re: White River, MI - 03/26/99 11:58 PM

Way to go, Mombo.
I knew it stood for something.
Just Couldn't Remember What.
No rhat's CRW
Could it be:
Can't Remember Something (or another)
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: White River, MI - 03/27/99 01:02 AM

Ah, The four stages of forgetfullness

You can remember faces, but not the names that go with them.

You can't remember the names or the faces.

And...

... I can't remember the other two.

------------------
0 :>) St. John of the Internet

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 03-26-99).]
Posted By: Digger

Re: White River, MI - 03/28/99 02:11 AM

PRICE ALERT!

Just called my dealer and they said that they had received their White River's. They hadn't signed the pieces in yet but said if I come over they will sell me one. Trouble is, she said they didn't know the suggested retail yet. I told her I would try to find out what the price is for the piece and let her know when I pick it up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Digger

Re: White River, MI - 03/28/99 03:28 AM

Digger, White River is $73.00. That's from my HL Price List I got with my Society Membership material.
Posted By: Steve

Re: White River, MI - 03/28/99 04:45 PM

WOW! I really flipped over this piece. The ivy growing up the side of the tower is VERY NICE. And THAT TREE IS HUGE!

And I loved the open door and windows. The shutter-work is also very detailed along with colored landscaping. Easily in the category of St. Marks for me and well ahead of Cape Alguhas and Big Sable.

Very happy to have one more in my collection!
Posted By: Digger

Re: White River, MI - 03/28/99 04:59 PM

Thanks Mombo!

The piece is truly amazing. Didnt think I was ever going to get to leave the dealer. The 3 clerks at the store just kept looking and looking. They were all very impressed with the detail. The real kicker is that one of the clerks swore that was a fan on the ground and not a prop. I'm going to the lumberyard now to get some wood 'cause that Big-Ol' tree is missing one thing, a treehouse!

[This message has been edited by Gravedigger (edited 03-28-99).]
Posted By: AlanBeckman

Re: White River, MI - 03/30/99 05:57 AM

UPS brought White River today. WOW! Diane thinks the only thing missing is a swing dangling from that big ole tree. Its a great piece. We have it sitting right up front in the curio cabinet.

AB in Ala-Bama

Re: White River, MI - 03/31/99 05:27 AM

Guess I'll have to get this one. My "insignificant other" has returned from 2 months in Florida. Better hit him up quick while he's still feeling generous! It won't last...
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: White River, MI - 04/01/99 10:32 PM

I received my White River today. What a great piece! As usual the detail is awesome.

My congratulations to Harbour Lights not only for a beautiful lighthouse, but also for coming up with a way to ship the piece without damaging that huge tree!

-Todd

[This message has been edited by Todd Shorkey (edited 04-01-99).]
Posted By: Bob M

Re: White River, MI - 04/02/99 03:08 AM

I picked up my "White River" today. I'd give it "two thumbs up" on being a beautiful piece. I would highly recommend it for everyone's collection.

That's the word from the East Coast where it's 58 degrees with a slight overcast.
Posted By: pageant2

Re: White River, MI - 04/05/99 05:55 AM

When I went shopping this weekend, I planned on looking over the older pieces. When I saw White River, however, I knew I had to have it over any of the older lighthouses available.

Re: White River, MI - 04/07/99 02:48 AM

Well I got White River today and it really is nice. The best part was that it was a gift! It is certainly my favorite of the 1999's to date.
Posted By: Mike Richards

Re: White River, MI - 04/07/99 03:27 PM

On one side of my tree the trunk is mostly white, like it wasn't even painted. Anyone else notice this or is it just mine?

Mike

Re: White River, MI - 04/07/99 04:56 PM

Mike: Mine is painted on all sides. Sounds like your painter took a saki break....

oops, wrong country tea break

[This message has been edited by mombo (edited 04-07-99).]

Re: White River, MI - 04/07/99 07:52 PM

Mine came in yesterdays UPS. Tree trunk is painted all the way around. Which side of the tree is white? towards the shed, the outhouse (nice brick one!), the flag or ??
Posted By: Bob M

Re: White River, MI - 04/07/99 07:58 PM

Hey Mike, ...you didn't turn your back on the piece when Sean's pet Beaver was in the room?
Posted By: Mike Richards

Re: White River, MI - 04/08/99 05:54 AM

With the red brick building closest to me, tree to its left and the tower behind the house on the right, the white trunk of the tree is facing me. It is brown about 5/8 of an inch up from the grass, then it's white, then it's brown again for about 1/4 inch under the leaves. It is not white all the way around the trunk. Upon closer inspection it looks like it was painted brown then painted white over the brown. I like this piece a lot but the white on the trunk doesn't do anything for me.

Mike

Re: White River, MI - 04/08/99 03:18 PM

Two choices Mike - call HL and ship them the piece to touch it up or exchange it at the dealer.

It's an 'error' not a variation and it would be EASY to duplicate with some white paint which means it won't add any value. IMHO.

John
© 2024 Collector Forums