LighthouseKeepers.com

Anclote Key & Dry Tortugas arrive

Posted By: Dick Johnson

Anclote Key & Dry Tortugas arrive - 05/14/03 03:01 AM

When I got home from a trip to California last night I had a message from my dealer that #287 Dry Tortugas, FL & #290 Anclote Key, FL were in. I picked them up today and both are very nice pieces with the usual high degree of detail you expect from HL. Both pieces have a fairly large footprint, but I'm getting to the point that I like that so they can get the great detail you can enjoy under a magnifying glass.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Anclote Key & Dry Tortugas arrive - 05/14/03 12:11 PM

I haven't heard anything about those two yet. Now that there out, I'm sure I will receive the call this week.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Anclote Key & Dry Tortugas arrive - 05/14/03 03:40 PM

My dealer called yesterday about the same two pieces coming in!

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!!
Posted By: plebetkin

Re: Anclote Key & Dry Tortugas arrive - 05/14/03 05:19 PM

my dealer autoships, and they haven't arrived yet. Something to look forward too.
Posted By: JCRice

Re: Anclote Key & Dry Tortugas arrive - 05/14/03 05:43 PM

I knew that these guys were coming...I just spotted the first one (a Dry Tortugas HL) on eBay...
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Anclote Key & Dry Tortugas arrive - 05/14/03 07:03 PM

Had a call from our autoship dealer last week. Both are in. We went to pick them up on Sunday, (a 70 mile drive roundtrip) and the store was closed. It's a Hallmark store and apparently started closing on Sundays about a month and half ago. Not a good sign.
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: Anclote Key & Dry Tortugas arrive - 05/14/03 08:31 PM

I'm still waiting for my $#!!@ Sand Key and Pharos. Please...post your reviews here.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Anclote Key & Dry Tortugas arrive - 05/16/03 03:06 AM

Got a call from my dealer in Jacksonville, FL. They arrived today and are on the way to me.
Posted By: fl_light

Re: Anclote Key & Dry Tortugas arrive - 06/24/03 03:08 AM

just a quick question. sort of.
I have local dealer that I always buy from and the price has been whatever Harbour Lights has set...never any more. Which I think is fair, especialy since they are new pieces on the market. I was in a different store (just looking)and they had Anclote Key priced at $100. Is this typical for some stores to sell for a increased price on such a new item???????
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Anclote Key & Dry Tortugas arrive - 06/24/03 06:44 AM

I would say that this is not normal, just a dealer trying to make an extra buck on a local light. Probably capitalizing on the news coverage of the work at Anclote. On a positive note, perhaps the dealer intends to donate the extra 10 bucks to the light??
Posted By: Stainz

Re: Anclote Key & Dry Tortugas arrive - 06/24/03 01:51 PM

I inquired at a local, then quite well stocked, dealer about the Middle Bay AL H-L (187) over a year ago. She told me that she had gotten $300 for her last ones, several years earlier. I did a 'Retired at Retail' search and found several in Cape Code - for $99 + $7 S/H. Needless to say, I enjoyed picking up 50-60% off 'closeout bargains' from said local dealer this year as they closed a store and cut stock. My sadness at their demise was tempered by recalling their price gouging. I won't buy from an above list price dealer. I do want both of those new FL lighthouses, however!

Stainz
Posted By: Bill Bowen

Re: Anclote Key & Dry Tortugas arrive - 06/25/03 06:13 AM

Picked up my Anclote Key #588 at my dealer on May, 17th. Great detail.
© 2024 Collector Forums