LighthouseKeepers.com

Waiting List?

Posted By: shiulong

Waiting List? - 05/19/02 09:43 PM

I quized my dealer the other day on where my clamshell was and he informed me that I was on a waiting list. What is a waiting list? Should I look else where for my clamshell or trust my dealer to make it happen? It is already paid for and it was ordered awhile back. I don't thing this is a major problem since there are other dealers near me who have it on their shelf.

Chuck

------------------
bigdragon
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Waiting List? - 05/19/02 09:59 PM

Chuck, I`m on my dealer`s "to call" list, but I have never prepaid for a piece.

terry
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Waiting List? - 05/19/02 10:10 PM

"Waiting List" could mean he has it coming, but not yet.

I'd clear that up with the dealer now. Especially as you've pre-paid for it.

If you're not satisfied, get your money back and go to another dealer with one available.

The balance of the Fresnels are expected to ship to dealers in late June.

Re: Waiting List? - 05/20/02 09:04 AM

I was thinking that he might have said wish list. I will have to call him tomorrow and clear it up. Actually my wife is more concerned than I am. She is the one who really likes these things. I prefer the lighthouses myself.

Chuck

------------------
bigdragon
Posted By: Stainz

Re: Waiting List? - 05/20/02 03:43 PM

Yeah, I did a brilliant one here as well. I opted to wait for my nearby dealer - his ST is 5%. Two other stores (8 & 9% ST) got there 'allotment' in... and sold them. I stared at them on the shelf, no less. I am still waiting...

Actually, my local dealer (<1mi) will keep it boxed for me. Most goodies bought off the shelf get dusty... yeah, sure.... sounds better than I was trying to save $2.52 in ST!

John

Re: Waiting List? - 05/21/02 08:43 AM

I found out it is wish list. It means I wish I had ordered sooner. Harbour Lights has started a wish list. All of the lens are sold, but if for some reason some become available they will be sent to the dealers on the wish list. HL advised if I see one get it since I don't know where my dealer is on the list. The good thing is I can use the money for a lighthouse or an Anchor Bay.

Chuck

------------------
bigdragon
Posted By: Stainz

Re: Waiting List? - 05/22/02 01:42 PM

So, no more.... ouch!

I heard the Old St. Augustine light recently was 'sold out' and retired before delivery. Everyone has them around here niow - they are even in a store's liquidation. Really nice piece, too. Maybe they (the Fresnels) aren't all gone...

I'll keep watching and waiting.

John
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Waiting List? - 05/22/02 07:06 PM

John, I know of many stores that haven't gotten theirs yet. "Retired" dosen't mean "sold out." There should be plenty to go around for everyone who wants one!

At least I hope so!!! Good Luck!
© 2024 Collector Forums