LighthouseKeepers.com

HL391 Delaware Breakwater Front Light DE (West End) Close Up Images

Posted By: WackoPaul

HL391 Delaware Breakwater Front Light DE (West End) Close Up Images - 06/16/10 08:18 PM

Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: HL391 Delaware Breakwater Front Light DE (West End) Close Up Images - 06/16/10 08:19 PM

HL387 14 Mile Point MI Close Up Images

HL388 Gurnet Plymouth MA Close Up Images

HL389 Key Largo FL Close Images

HL390 Crooked River FL Lighthouse Close Up Images

HL484 Whaleback ME Lighthouse Close Up Images

HL726 Sturgeon Point MI Lighthouse Close Up Images

The Coast Guard website has some information if you scroll down to DELAWARE BREAKWATER RANGE FRONT LIGHT (West End) or you can go to the Harbour Lights web page for the HL391 Delaware Breakwater, DE for information about the lighthouse..
Posted By: CAVR

Re: HL391 Delaware Breakwater Front Light DE (West End) Close Up Images - 06/17/10 05:16 PM

Very nice piece! Glad to see the actual "sculpted" form rather than an artist rendition.

The only thing I don't like is the porch and lantern room railings..... Looks cheap... should have been metal as done in the past.

And yes I heard the story before, "metal is more expensive".... the railings is only a very small component to the overall piece, so the cost of using metal couldn't have been that much to the already SRP of $75.00.

Overall, I like the piece! Thanks Paul for the photos. I'm sold!
Posted By: SDudley

Re: HL391 Delaware Breakwater Front Light DE (West End) Close Up Images - 06/17/10 11:51 PM

I will agree with Chris on this one, the railing makes it look cheap. It would of been a much better piece if they had used the the metal railing and not tried to cut corners making it look like an oversized Little Light.

With that said I will still buy it because it is from the region of the country I collect.
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: HL391 Delaware Breakwater Front Light DE (West End) Close Up Images - 06/18/10 03:15 PM

I'm not to crazy about the railing either. I like when HL adds metal railings to it's replicas. IMO, I'd pay extra for that kind of detail.

Still a great looking piece. Great pics Paul!
© 2024 Collector Forums