LighthouseKeepers.com

2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained

Posted By: Webmaster

2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 06:28 AM

You can now complete an online request to have the 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog mailed to you.

REQUEST 2008 CATALOG

Here's an image of the cover:

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 06:29 AM

The "Grand Tour"

Here's an enlargement of the key parts of the map so you can see the states with the silhouette lighthouses - indicating yet to be introduced Little Lights, Limited Editions, Event Pieces, GLOWs etc.

Looks like something for everyone! (I wonder if that icon in Wisconsin represents the Collector Forums Exclusive?)
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 07:00 AM

Very nice, John! Thanks for posting such great info! vhappy
Posted By: Rock

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 08:41 AM

I wonder if that icon in California represents Piedras Blancas or Port San Luis? I'd request this year's but I'm still waiting to receive last year's...
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 11:25 AM

Just requested my brochure. I just hope it gets here. The form does not allow for addresses in formats different to the US format so I typed mine into the Comments field. Hope that works!

Looking forward to some hints about the Grand Tour. It seems to be very much "east side heavy" wink
Posted By: Bob M

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 12:38 PM

Thanks for sharing that info with us, JC. I just sent in my request.

I hope every member of the CF also requests the brochure. I feel it is of the utmost importance that we show Harbour Lights our continued interest in what they have to offer.

smile Bob smile

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lighthouse Duo:
Looking forward to some hints about the Grand Tour. It seems to be very much "east side heavy" wink
It's one lighthouse per state in the 'lower 48' More states on the East Coast, therefore...

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rock:
..I wonder if that icon in California represents Piedras Blancas or Port San Luis?
I don't think the location of the silhouette within the state is meant to be geographically representative of where that lighthouse will be...

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 03:05 PM

A lot of lights coming from south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Will they be a 2008 version of new "Southern Belles"?

cool Bob cool
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 04:03 PM

This is really great !!!

I can't wait to get my brochure. Of cource, it's going to be fun filling in the states as they are announced. cool

Many Thanks to everybody at Harbour Lights!!! bow

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 04:06 PM

What's the second ship depicted?

confused Bob confused

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M:
What's the second ship depicted?

confused Bob confused
I think it's a LLOM Portsmouth lightship.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 07:31 PM

Loon you are right.

In my opinion, the "Grand Tour" is an ambitious project for Harbour Lights. Something for every state in the lower 48.

There are pieces pictured on the map which have not been officially announced. These include:

Washington - Grays Harbor (From the Stamp Set Now as a regular LL)
Oregon - Umpqua River (From the Stamp Set Now as a regular LL)
Wisconsin - Pottawatomie (As a regular LL)
Virginia - Portsmouth LS Little Light
North Carolina - Roanoke River GLOW (first announced in 2007 as a 2008)
Minnesota - Two Rivers LL
Massachusetts - Chatham (as a regular Little Light)

So that leaves one each lights to come from:

Maine
New Hampshire
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
Indiana
Maryland
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida
Alabama
Louisiana
Texas
California

Could some of these be limited edition Little Lights for fund-raising?

Specific needs to be filled for 2008:

Collectors Society Gift
Collectors Society Exclusive
Christmas 2008
Store Event Exclusive (and matching thumbnail?)
Regional Event Exclusive

Speculations Welcome!

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 07:39 PM

Your requests for 2008 Catalogs are being received and processed. They will be mailed out after the dealers get theirs. A slight delay; be patient.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 09:18 PM

Lots of speculating to be done! As for Texas, unless a different version of Bolivar, Point Isabel, Half Moon Reef, Galveston Jetty (too recent), or Matagorda is in the works, it could be Lydia Ann or Sabine Pass (which is included in the TX count). OR perhaps one of the lost lights. I would love to see Matagorda with its peppermill look as an LE! Sabine Pass is very unusual, so it would be an interesting piece.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 09:26 PM

The only lighthouses that have not been made as a limited edition for Georgia are:

Cumberland Island
Savannah Harbor Light, GA
Sapelo Island Front Range.

Harbour lights will either make one of them or a remake of St Simons as a GLOW.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 10:03 PM

The new Lighthouse Depot catalog has a LLOM Chatham, MA as a new release for 2008.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WackoPaul:
You forgot Indiana on your list, John..
Thanks Paul, I added it.

I'm gonna guess Michigan City Pier as a Little Light

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lighthouse Loon:
The new Lighthouse Depot catalog has a LLOM Chatham, MA as a new release for 2008.
Thanks, Loon. I've edited my list accordingly.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 10:26 PM

My thinking is there won't be anymore LLOM's announced this year. There has already been 8 LLOM's announced.

8 - LLOM's x
1 - Anchor Bay x
6 - First half LE's x
2 - First half GLOW's x
1 - Regional Event LE
1 - Store Event LE
2 - Society LE pieces
6 - Second Half LE's
1 - Christmas Edition LE
4 - Second half GLOW's
------------------------
32 Total

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 10:27 PM

Okay, John, focus. Maybe "Chatham (as a regular Little Light)"? wink

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by beachcomber:
Okay, John, focus. Maybe "Chatham (as a regular Little Light)"? wink
Doh! ... Got it. (Thanks)

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 10:42 PM

Nice summary, Loon...

However, I think there will be some 'Limited' Little Lights this year. Last year Tony hinted that there were a lot of lighthouse groups that wanted to climb on that bandwagon (and ride it to the bank) [mixing metaphors]
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 11:04 PM

Quote:
I'm gonna guess Michigan City Pier as a Little Light
It's been done as a Little Light, John... So has Old Michigan City been done as a little light... Neither has been done as an Open Edition though..
Posted By: HCS

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Webmaster:

[b]There are pieces pictured on the map which have not been officially announced. These include:

Washington - Grays Harbor (From the Stamp Set Now as a regular LL)
Oregon - Umpqua River (From the Stamp Set Now as a regular LL)
Wisconsin - Pottawatomie (As a regular LL)
Virginia - Portsmouth LS Little Light
North Carolina - Roanoke River GLOW (first announced in 2007 as a 2008)
Minnesota - Two Rivers LL
Massachusetts - Chatham (as a regular Little Lights)
[/b]
Are the regular LL any different from the limited editions already produced?
Is Portsmounth LS the first LS ever done as a little light?

HCS

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/08/08 11:17 PM

Nope!!

Lightship Chesapeake MD

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/09/08 12:07 AM

Quote:
However, I think there will be some 'Limited' Little Lights this year. Last year Tony hinted that there were a lot of lighthouse groups that wanted to climb on that bandwagon (and ride it to the bank) [mixing metaphors]
Then I guess we'll see how my summary varies. Should be fun to find out. Maybe a couple less GLOW's or one less LE and one less GLOW?

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/09/08 12:34 AM

Maybe they aren't counted in the 32 pieces. The Wisconsin Point isn't.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/09/08 01:17 AM

Quote:
Maybe they aren't counted in the 32 pieces. The Wisconsin Point isn't.
John, I think you've hit the thumb with the hammer, ahh, I mean nail on the head.

I don't think last years Limited LLOM's were originally figured in either.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/09/08 01:35 AM

It just gets more exciting all the time. I guess I need to find a special place for my LLOM LE's. Originally I thought I would have to go the LLOM route because of limited funds and space. With the innovation of LLOM LE's, it becomes a really cool, new venture for me. smile
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/09/08 03:52 PM

I would guess the Cristmas piece would be another from the Northeast to tie into the Flying Santa deal they say will be a three year thing.

Mike

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/09/08 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cana Fan:
I would guess the Cristmas piece would be another from the Northeast to tie into the Flying Santa deal they say will be a three year thing.

Mike
My guess would be the Maine piece for the Flying Santa.

Curious to see what they do for PA, IN, & TX. These states don't have many lights left to do, and they don't need a GLOW remake.

Possible's are Sabina Pass, TX, Indiana Breakwater, IN, & Presque North Pier, PA.

Of couse there could be some "lost" lights.
Posted By: CAVR

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/10/08 12:53 AM

I find this all very interesting...

I gotta say, this is a nice and different marketing strategy for Harbour Lights to use which keeps the collector pondering and on the edge of their seat with the use of this continental map of the United States and calling it "The Grand Tour". It is kinda like giving hints to collectors but not completely "letting the cat out of the bag".

I like it! With a little research and paying attention here on the Forums as well as other websites, one can narrow down the "potential" lighthouse for some states.

I look forward to seeing the 2008 pieces for Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.... especially the Christmas Edition

I hope HLs use a similar strategy next year. It ensures that all areas are represented and equally statisfies collectors cravings from various parts of the country.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/10/08 02:48 AM

New Hampshire should be an easy guess. Isle of Shoals has been done, so that leaves either Portsmouth Harbor as an LE or LLOM or Isle of Shoals as a LLOM. I'm guessing that it may well be the Portsmouth Harbor LIght as an LE.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/10/08 03:12 AM

Stan, neither Sabine Pass nor Lydia Ann has been done at all. Matagorda has only been done as an LL so it could be an LE this time (I hope). Half Moon Reef has been done only as an LE so we could get the LL or GLOW. Points Isabel and Bolivar have been done in all categories. Galveston Jetty was done as an LE very recently, so I doubt another version of it comes out this soon. Isn't it fun speculating? HL has really injected some adrenaline into the collector mentality - great strategy! We need innovations to keep us inspired!! cool
Posted By: Bill38429

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/10/08 03:26 AM

Beachcomber...

Wow...I would love to see a Sabine Pass light. Probably of all the lights out there, Sabine is the one I would want more than any other, especially since it isn't represented anywhere in the HL collection as of yet. As for Matagorda, that would be nice to see it as a LE, as well. That's the only current Tx light I haven't visited yet (dang that ferry burning down), but I hope to get out there within a few more more months.

Hey, I say make a Matagorda LE for Texas and put Sabine down for Louisiana. I know it's apparently listed as Texas, but I can dream smile

Either way, it's going to be fun to get another Texas light this year.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/10/08 05:33 AM

Quote:
Hey, I say make a Matagorda LE for Texas and put Sabine down for Louisiana. I know it's apparently listed as Texas, but I can dream.
Bill, that is a perfect solution! I think both states claim it, anyway. I know some folks who would make the trip out to Matagorda and maybe arrange for transportation to the light once on the island. Maybe I can work out something for the spring or early summer. cool I think it's pretty rotten that, after all the time and money invested into getting the lighthouse in shape, the state hasn't done anything to make it accessible since the ferry fire. mad

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/10/08 02:57 PM

That sounds fantastic, and a lot of fun. smile It would be nice to share the trip with someone, as well. Thanks!

I'm glad you like my idea, too. smile I should mention that I would be happy with Lydia Ann, too, since it hasn't been made, but I just prefer Sabine and Matagorda.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/10/08 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MtnHkr:
New Hampshire should be an easy guess. Isle of Shoals has been done, so that leaves either Portsmouth Harbor as an LE or LLOM or Isle of Shoals as a LLOM. I'm guessing that it may well be the Portsmouth Harbor LIght as an LE.
Portsmouth Harbor has already been done as a LE.

My guess is Whaleback as a GLOW or Loon Island as a LE.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/10/08 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by beachcomber:
Stan, neither Sabine Pass nor Lydia Ann has been done at all. Matagorda has only been done as an LL so it could be an LE this time (I hope). Half Moon Reef has been done only as an LE so we could get the LL or GLOW. Points Isabel and Bolivar have been done in all categories. Galveston Jetty was done as an LE very recently, so I doubt another version of it comes out this soon. Isn't it fun speculating? HL has really injected some adrenaline into the collector mentality - great strategy! We need innovations to keep us inspired!! cool
Grace, Your right, there are a few TX lights that can be done as LE's. Probably a few more if you look into lost lights.

If HL does something simular to the Grand Tour for the next few years, it's good to know we can see some new TX lights more often.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/10/08 07:41 PM

How did I miss this Topic?

You missed NY - Long Island - Johnny Boy!

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/10/08 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rock:
I wonder if that icon in California represents Piedras Blancas or Port San Luis? I'd request this year's but I'm still waiting to receive last year's...
Those would be great or I'm hoping it's my personal favorite Punta Gorda It would be a big seller at it's gift shop!
whistling

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/10/08 08:12 PM

If where the lighthouse figure is placed on the map is the location of the light in California, I would say it's Point Cabrillo Lighthouse
just up the road from Point Arena Lighthouse ..
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/11/08 07:40 PM

Re: the California light.

If we are going to use the location of the icon as a base for guessing the light I've Got to disagree with you Paul. The icon on the map is located south of the bay area. Pt. Cabrillo is north of the bay area. Going by the icons location, I would have to agree with Rock as it's a more Pieadras Blancas or Port San Luis area.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/11/08 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rscroope:
Those would be great or I'm hoping it's my personal favorite [b]Punta Gorda It would be a big seller at it's gift shop!
whistling [/b][/QUOTE]

Well I know it would be a lot more popular than the only item they carry now. But you have to admit that one member of our group really enjoyed those cow pies. eek eek

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/11/08 07:45 PM

You are correct, Eric, perhaps wishful thinking clouded my eyes..

It might also be Point Montara Lighthouse ...

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/11/08 09:42 PM

I would be very happy with a PT. Cabrillo myself. I would be hard pressed to name a lighthouse with a more dedicated support group. I've seen how much work they have done first hand. Not to mention that it's just a cute lighthouse to start with.

I really hope to see a Piedras Blancas soon. Just hope it's in it's pre-1948 glory and not it's current decapitated state.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/11/08 10:10 PM

The Society out there is working on capitating Piedras Blancas.. My former news director here at WISH TV8 now lives just up the road from the lighthouse and has joined the society there.. I think the Hoosier Lighthousing Club rubbed off on him a little before he retired as he has been on a couple of cleanup days at the lighthouse already..

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/11/08 10:50 PM

Yes, when we climbed PB last summer they were talking about rebuilding the top of the tower. I hope that happens someday. It's definitely a diamond in the ruff in it's current state. The group out there was working on tearing out the ice plant and planting native fauna. They had a huge mound of dead ice plant piled up on the road that day.

Here is a link to a recent article about the ice plant removal from the BLM.
http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/info/newsbytes/07xtra/310_extra_-_piedras.html
Posted By: Bob48

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/12/08 08:06 PM

Sadly, and once again, there will be no lights from Colorado in 2008. frown

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/12/08 10:38 PM

You need to build one, Bob!
Posted By: Bob48

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/13/08 08:24 PM

Ther actually are several that I know of in Colorado. A big one in Denver used to be a windmill on top of a restaurant, but Landry's bought the place and converted the mill to a lighthouse.

A large bicycle shop in the Springs has what looks like a Thomas Pt (no legs) built into the upper floors. A church in the Springs built one into the corner of the building that extends past the standard roof line.

The Pueblo Zoo has the best, a stone tower with lantern room on an island with sea coast ambiance (always wanted to use that word). It was built as a WPA project back in the '30s with several other stone buildings that are now nowhere near modern zoo standards. It's about 30-40' tall as best I can remember.

Not counting miniture golf courses we probably have more dinosaurs than lighthouses. If I could build a storage building in my yard (HOA no no) it would definitely be a lighthouse. I'm working on a design about 6' tall that can be a front yard light. We have no neighborhood street lights so this has a better shot, especially if well done. We don't get too many hurricanes but the Chinook winds regularly reach 80 mph and above so a concrete base or piles and interal bracing are necessary.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/16/08 09:19 PM

Quote:
Your requests for 2008 Catalogs are being received and processed. They will be mailed out after the dealers get theirs. A slight delay; be patient.
Anybody get theirs yet ???
Posted By: Roland Babineau

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/16/08 11:53 PM

Harbour Lights has just completed their year-end inventory and is sending out their back orders to the dealers who have been waiting for their deliveries. I just got an order in yesterday, and one today that I've been waiting on since before New Year's. Within those orders I received a couple of the new catalogs. Appears that it won't be long before they catch up and begin sendding out the catalogs to customers..

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/17/08 01:03 AM

I haven't received my catalogue yet, but I figured it would take a little longer than this.

Patiently waiting in North Attleboro, Massachusetts...

smile Bob smile
Posted By: buoyhunter_190

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/20/08 01:27 PM

No catalogs here either. Hopefully soon!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/20/08 03:55 PM

Nothing here in South Carolina. Maybe next week.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/21/08 01:43 AM

Have any dealers received the first group of 2008's yet?
Posted By: kikigl

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/21/08 09:00 PM

Nothing in Florida yet. Waiting "Impatiently!"
Posted By: Medicman

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/21/08 11:29 PM

No catalog here in KY yet. Makes you appreciate Paul's closeups ALOT more!

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 02/12/08 05:31 PM

Still no catalog here in Massachusetts! Anyone receive theirs yet?
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 02/12/08 06:47 PM

"Have any dealers received the first group of 2008's yet?"

My dealer is central Florida received 2 LEs, 1 GLOW and the Anchor Bay Overfalls the last day in January.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 02/12/08 07:13 PM

Still no catalog here, either. Thought they were going out to dealers over a month ago?
Posted By: Tony C

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 02/12/08 08:59 PM

Every one RELAX!

I had 25,000 2008 Catalogs printed!

I am not sure why there is a concern about catalogs!

No catalogs can be sent to Collectors until Dealers receive theirs.

I made the decision not to mail the 2008 catalog until mid-February, purposely. I knew the changes that were being made in the Sales Field and wanted to send a complete package to Dealers including the 2008 catalog! No mystery - just not wanting to duplicate effort!

The mailing to Dealers will leave next week Monday or Tuesday.
Collectors who have requested catalogs will receving them shortly.

Call me 800.365.1219 with questions.

AJC
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 02/12/08 10:03 PM

Quote:
No mystery - just not wanting to duplicate effort!
No mystery any more ... Good! Thanks for letting us know Tony!

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 02/13/08 02:45 AM

Thank you for the update TOny. Just didn't want to miss out on getting my copy.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 02/13/08 04:05 AM

We now know the reason for the delay.

I guess us diehards are just anxious for something to read during the dull winter months.
Posted By: Hal Dean

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 02/13/08 06:54 AM

Why was it stated on the Harbour Light site that those who ordered the catalog please allow 7 to 10 days for delivery? It has been over a month since that was posted. Harbour Lights should update their site more often.
Posted By: Jim Chesher

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 02/13/08 10:30 PM

I received my catalog from my dealer when he shipped my Cedar Point. I got it a couple of days ago.
vhappy

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 02/14/08 12:54 AM

Well thanks for sharing that info with us, Jim. We are all looking forward to receiving our 2008 catalogue. Were there any surprises in the catalogue?

smile Bob smile
Posted By: 5lights

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 02/14/08 05:48 PM

Thanks for the update Tony! Look forward to receiving it.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 02/15/08 06:26 PM

Quote:
..... something to read during the dull winter months.
Boy, you can say that again..... dull and dreary!

God I can't wait for those Maine Summers with the smell of pine!!

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 02/18/08 10:24 PM

Over the weekend my HL dealer gave me a copy when I picked Cedar Point and Windmill Point.

Looks great, with the exception that the LLOM Portsmouth is in Delaware and the Overfalls is in Virginia. eek

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 04/15/08 12:59 AM

Keeping score on the Grand Tour:

Washington – Alki Point (LLOM)
Oregon - Umpqua River (LLOM)
Wisconsin – Wisconsin Point (CF Exclusive) (LE)
Virginia - Portsmouth LS (LLOM)
North Carolina - Roanoke River (GLOW)
Minnesota - Two Rivers (LLOM)
Massachusetts - Chatham (LLOM)
New Hampshire – Loon Island (Store Event Piece) (LE)
Georgia – Sapelo Front Range (Regional Event Piece) (LE)
Michigan – Sand Point (LLOM)
Michigan – South Haven (LE)
Illinois – Waukegan Harbor Light (LE)
Vermont – Windmill Point – (LE)
Rhode Island – Bristol Ferry (LE)
Mississippi – Biloxi – (GLOW)
Ohio – Cedar Point – (LE)
Delaware – Overfalls LS – (Anchor Bay)
New York – Crown Point – (LE)
New York – Cedar Island – (Limited LLOM)
New York – Huntington Harbor (Limited LLOM)
Pennsylvania – Horseshoe Lower Front Range – (CS Gift) (LE)
Pennsylvania – Horseshoe Rear Range – (CS Exclusive) (LE)

Still to come: ( With my guess )

Maine (??? Will the Flying Santa be stopping here ???)
New Jersey (??? LE ???)
Indiana (??? LE ???)
Maryland (??? GLOW or Limited LLOM??? )
South Carolina (??? GLOW or Limited LLOM??? )
Florida ( ??? LE ??? )
Alabama (??? GLOW or Limited LLOM??? )
Louisiana (??? LE ???)
Texas (??? LE ???)
California (??? LE ???)
Connecticut (??? GLOW or Limited LLOM??? )

*** Also ***
Alaska – Five Fingers (LLOM) (not part of the Grand Tour, but a 2008 release)
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 04/16/08 07:31 AM

I think you have Wisconsin wrong. Look for a different light being announced soon.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 04/16/08 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WisKeeper:
I think you have Wisconsin wrong. Look for a different light being announced soon.
Actually Wisconsin is right, SO FAR. I for one, did expect another release for Wisconsin. My list was just listing what we already know.

Suzanne, care to give us a hint at what's coming? Is it an LE, a Limited LLOM, or a GLOW? Will we know in April, May or June? Does it have something to do with an upcoming event or milestone? Or just tell us the name! wink

Us diehards would love to know!!! laugh

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 04/17/08 06:37 AM

I don't think HL would consider a Collectors Forum piece as part of the Grand Tour since it is limited to being sold on the CF.

I think there will be an LE of a Wisconsin lighthouse announced soon.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 04/17/08 03:24 PM

I actually only included Wisconsin Point in my list so as not to exclude it.

I'm hoping for an Apostle Island release this year. It's a place I want to visit in the near future.

Do you think we will hear about the release before the second half releases are announced in June?

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 04/17/08 09:43 PM

Something posted at HarbourLights.com in the last 48 hours might lead to a revelation. I can say no more.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 04/17/08 10:13 PM

Thanks John! Figured it out, but won't say anything so others can have some fun.

I will say one thing. I'm one very happy HL collector. cool cool cool

vhappy

waytogo Harbour Lights

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 04/18/08 01:09 AM

I love treasure hunts!!

I spotted it a few days ago when I gave John the latest images of the Event pieces and the AB image..
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 04/18/08 02:58 AM

How about a hint for those that are clueless.... whistling

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 04/18/08 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AZlightkeeper:
You just have to go on the hunt, Brother Jim

We need someone 'clueless' to find the treasure!
Posted By: SThompson

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 04/18/08 02:30 PM

Are they ever going to udate the page about the in store events? I gave up looking for the rest. I work for a living.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 04/18/08 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AZlightkeeper:
How many changes could their be for Wisconsin!

Always wise to think outside the box.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 04/18/08 05:53 PM

Quote:
How about a hint for those that are clueless....
Just follow the red triangles.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 05/07/08 06:19 AM

I received two AP HL361 Pottawatomie pieces today. On the Certificate of Authenticity is a map of the United States with a star in Wisconsin.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 05/07/08 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WisKeeper:
I received two AP HL361 Pottawatomie pieces today. On the Certificate of Authenticity is a map of the United States with a star in Wisconsin.
Suzanne, Great news!!!

I'm looking forward to receiving this one. cool

How does it look? How does it compare in size to the Limited LLOM version from last year? I read in another thread that it has a small footprint, but is tall. I would have thought Pottawatomie would have had a large footprint to include some of the grounds. I hope the scale isn't too small.

Thanks for the news !!! applaud

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 05/20/08 03:20 PM

A good time for an update !!!

The Grand Tour ( 24 so far )

Wisconsin – Pottawatomie (LE)
Maine – Perkins Island (Christmas) (LE)

Still to come: (10)

New Jersey - Summer Release ?
Indiana
Maryland - Summer Release ?
South Carolina
Florida - Summer Release ?
Alabama
Louisiana
Texas
California - Summer Release ?
Connecticut - Summer Release ?

*** Also ***
Posted By: docsweetie

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 05/21/08 05:30 AM

Thanks for the info!

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/03/08 08:17 PM

I've been tracking the 2008 releases and just included the recent releases that were announced.

Here's what I got listed:

The Grand Tour ( 34 so far )

Massachusetts - Bishop and Clerks (LE)
Massachusetts - Sankaty On-The-Move (LE)
New Jersey - Ludlum Beach (LE)
Florida - Cape San Blas (LE)
California - Point Vicente (LE)
Connecticut – Stonington (GLOW)
Maryland – Baltimore Harbor (GLOW)
Indiana – Gary Breakwater (LLOM)
South Carolina – Cape Romain (LLOM)
Texas - Half Moon Reef (LLOM)

Still to come: (2)

Alabama
Louisiana

*** Also ***

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/04/08 12:43 AM

I'm really curious about Louisiana and Alabama. Love those Gulf Coast lights

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/04/08 05:27 AM

Except for the ones not available to Paul to photograph, the information and photos are now up on the Summer 2008 introductions:

www.HarbourLights.com/catalog/2008/

Check out the animation on the Sankaty Head!

Great job as usual by St. Paul.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/04/08 11:24 AM

Thanks for the link, JC! Great pictures (as usual), Paul! Harbour Lights has quite a lineup for 2008, so far.

smile Bob

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/04/08 02:25 PM

I think HL did an excellant choice of lights. It looks like all the areas are covered.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/04/08 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill38429:
I'm really curious about Louisiana and Alabama. Love those Gulf Coast lights
It will be interesting to see what these are. They could be two LE's, two GLOW's, two LLOM's, or even two Limited LLOM's, but probably some combination of two of these.

What I wish for would be two LE's. Maybe a West Rigolets, LA piece and a Choctaw Point, AL (GBNF) piece.

What I think it will be is a Limited LLOM of New Canal, LA and a GLOW of Middle Bay, AL.

-------------------------------------

applaud John & Paul, Great job to see the HL website updated with the pics of the new releases. cool

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/04/08 02:56 PM

I'm happy one of my wishes was granted for Bishop and Clerks. Can't wait to see this one and give it the "look". Have mixed feelings about Point Vincent but placed order for this light feeling it will be the first to go. Will have to REALLY give Sankaty the "look". Can smell the plastic in my wallet burning.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/04/08 07:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] I'm really curious about Louisiana and Alabama. Love those Gulf Coast lights
It will be interesting to see what these are. They could be two LE's, two GLOW's, two LLOM's, or even two Limited LLOM's, but probably some combination of two of these.

What I wish for would be two LE's. Maybe a West Rigolets, LA piece and a Choctaw Point, AL (GBNF) piece.

What I think it will be is a Limited LLOM of New Canal, LA and a GLOW of Middle Bay, AL.
[/b]
I tend to agree with your gut feeling. New Canal is popular choice, especially with the rebuilding of it. Although I doubt it would happen, my ultimate hope is for a Sabine Pass. I would love a LE, but I'll take anything just to have it represented in my collection.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/04/08 08:03 PM

Maybe those at the regional on Saturday will get a sneak peek at one of the pieces to fill in the gaps . . . . . .

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/04/08 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave H:
Maybe those at the regional on Saturday will get a sneak peek at one of the pieces to fill in the gaps . . . . . .
How cruel. (haha) Any chance that any "sneak peeks" will be brought along to Sabine for those of us (urrrr....my wife and I) that can't make it to New Orleans but are coming to Sabine?

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's not really an option, but I had to try. smile

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/05/08 02:49 PM

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Maybe those at the regional on Saturday will get a sneak peek at one of the pieces to fill in the gaps . . . . . .
How cruel. (haha) Any chance that any "sneak peeks" will be brought along to Sabine for those of us (urrrr....my wife and I) that can't make it to New Orleans but are coming to Sabine?

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's not really an option, but I had to try. smile [/b]
I'm sure Paul will have a digital image on his Nikon for you Bill! And for us on Saturday on his diary of the event.
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/05/08 10:18 PM

I certainly hope so.

bobo

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/07/08 07:57 PM

Word has it their is going to be 9 LLOM's released.

We only know about 3.

So does that mean the LA & AL Grand Tour pieces are two of these 9 ???

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/11/08 04:49 PM

Quote:
So is anyone going to share some news with those that were unable to attend???
Posted By: sandy

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/12/08 04:39 AM

You should have been there Stan. It's gonna' blow everyone out of the water!!

Sandy

P.S. We were told we would be beheaded or expelled from posting on the CF--whichever was thought to be the worst punishment, so don't hold your breath. . . .

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/12/08 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sandy:
You should have been there Stan. It's gonna' blow everyone out of the water!!

Sandy

P.S. We were told we would be beheaded or expelled from posting on the CF--whichever was thought to be the worst punishment, so don't hold your breath. . . .
I would have been there if I could. Hoping 2009 is the year. I guess those who were not there are sol.

Wow, beheaded or expelled for posting some news to fellow collectors. eek Good thing they left out email! wink
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/13/08 04:41 AM

We were sworn to secretcy. But it will be well worth it when we are allowed to talk about it. But I won't be the first.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/13/08 11:39 PM

Every once in a while a collector gets a special treat or incentive for being in the right place at the right time. One such occassion did happen last year. Those at the New Orleans regional received a treat seldom given to collectors. I won't go into detail on how (or what) they found out, but will allow one or more of the lucky folks to share. Let me just say that the way they learned was a little underhanded on my part (yeah, I know, hard to believe I would be devious .....)

Kind of surprised we haven't had any guesses as to what was learned. Some of the info has come out in other threads . . . .

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 06/14/08 12:03 AM

This is the first time at a regional that I have been at, that this was done.
Dave had displayed right in front of us an actual paint sample of a lighthouse that was not made yet and later to find out it would not be released till 2009.

Nothing was said, it was just displayed. When I saw it, I immediately recognized it and went to pick it up. I heard three voices shouting at me.
Don't touch it!!!
It is a Paint Sample!!!
It is the only one!!!
Beside this being a Paint Sample it was the only light of its type. The production for this light has not started and it will not be released to collectors till next year.

It was nice that us regional people were the first to know about this light.

The light has been in the wish list several times and it is a very good choice. A lot of collectors will be pleased with this one.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 10/31/08 02:57 PM

You've been TRICKED!

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 10/31/08 02:58 PM

Since today is Trick :p or Treat laugh , you think maybe we'll get some info on the last two Grand Tour pieces???

The Grand Tour catalog did say:
" In 2008, we will revisit each of these 29 states with a new replica!"

Although rumor has it that the Louisiana piece has production problems and will be released mid-2009. frown

But the good news is there is still Alabama smile , unless that one has production problems too. :rolleyes:

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 11/01/08 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CAVR:
You've been TRICKED!
shocked Whoops !!! Looks like I tricked you Christopher. While editing my original post, I deleted it. I wanted to add some info emailed to me.

frown Looks like no treat for us loyal collectors, not even to tell us there is a delay. I guess we'll find out someday.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 11/03/08 05:45 PM

No, I haven't been "tricked"!

I don't have any money either to buy any new lights right now; looking froward to getting this darn election over so we as a nation can move on....

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 11/15/08 10:39 PM

I have talked or emailed with seven HL dealers and almost all don't know what's up with the last couple GT pieces. Only one claims to have gotten any news from Harbour Lights. confused

I did get a lot of frustrated responses.

Could the problem with HL collecting be between corporate and the dealers and not between collectors and the dealers???

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 11/16/08 03:34 AM

You are making presumptions that there are pieces yet to be released and that HL is not telling its dealers. At one point you speculated that the AL release might have to do with the Mark Sherman painting that was in the LHDepot catalog. That remains a strong possibility, as does the fact that there are pieces that were planned but not able to be completed this year. There can be lots of reasons why a piece is delayed. I don't feel HL owes it to anyone, dealers or collectors, to acknowledge a piece that may be introduced this year or next or at any time.

Bottom line, Loon, is that by your own words you appear to be stirring the pot, getting dealers upset that they are being kept out of the loop on potential HL releases. I don't feel that this is fair to either the dealers or HL. If there is a release yet to be sent to market this year it will eventually show up.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 11/16/08 06:02 PM

Quote:
You are making presumptions that there are pieces yet to be released and that HL is not telling its dealers. At one point you speculated that the AL release might have to do with the Mark Sherman painting that was in the LHDepot catalog. That remains a strong possibility, as does the fact that there are pieces that were planned but not able to be completed this year. There can be lots of reasons why a piece is delayed. I don't feel HL owes it to anyone, dealers or collectors, to acknowledge a piece that [b]may be introduced this year or next or at any time.

Bottom line, Loon, is that by your own words you appear to be stirring the pot, getting dealers upset that they are being kept out of the loop on potential HL releases. I don't feel that this is fair to either the dealers or HL. If there is a release yet to be sent to market this year it will eventually show up. [/b]
Dave, I'm not trying to stir the pot, I'm just trying to get an answer. Once you meet me, you'll see that is not my personality. I'm just a lighthouse collecting "loon". I'm a kid in a candy shop with Harbour Lights.

Since I was getting no answers here on the CF, I decided to ask several dealers I have bought from in the past. I thought HL wanted us to do this. Visit HL dealers to see what's up. I just asked for some info. This isn't the first time these HL dealers felt this way.

HL stated that part of the 2008 Grand Tour, they will be releasing a replica from every coastal state. From talking to one the dealers I found out of the possible delay with the Louisiana piece, fine, and from talking to another dealer they mentioned the Alabama piece was already released and is a framed print. I did not know this before that one dealer told me, and none of the other dealers knew about this either. It was not me who speculated that this was the AL release. If that is the release, why hasn't HL let the dealer know this, or let us know in a Legacy or Musings. This print has been for sale in the LHD catalog for almost six months. Since it wasn't coming from HL, I felt it wasn't the truth. So I kept asking.

Your right HL doesn't owe us collectors any release news, but I do think HL should let HL dealers know whats going on.

I don't have anything against the folks running HL. It's actually the complete opposite. I want to see things get fixed. I want HL lighthouse collecting to go on till every US lighthouse is made into a limited edition. I'm just a "lighthouse loon" !!!

The main reason I was pushing for an answer is my autoship. I don't want to be surprised when my autoship dealer calls telling me there is something in from HL that he's waiting for me to pay for.

This is my last post on the Grand Tour Alabama subject, unless to defend myself. wink
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 11/16/08 06:42 PM

Loon,
To my understanding from the Harbour Lights people, there was a production problem with the last 2 pieces and they will not be released until next year. No mention of what the pieces are or of what type. You'll just have to wait for them until next year.

Re: 2008 Harbour Lights Catalog - The "Grand Tour" Explained - 01/06/09 04:38 PM

Thought I'd post a final listing for 2008. Look alright to everyone?

The Grand Tour ( 37 )

Alabama - Mark Sherman Mobile Point print
California - Point Vicente (LE)
California - Pt. Cabrillo – (LLOM)
Connecticut – Stonington (GLOW)
Florida - Cape San Blas (LE)
Indiana – Gary Breakwater (LLOM)
Louisiana - ????2009???????
Maryland – Baltimore Harbor (GLOW)
Massachusetts - Bishop and Clerks (LE)
Massachusetts - Sankaty On-The-Move (LE)
New Jersey - Ludlum Beach (LE)
South Carolina – Cape Romain (LLOM)
Texas - Half Moon Reef (LLOM)

Totals
---------------------------------
Limited Editions - 18
Anchor Bay - 1
GLOWs - 4
LLOMs - 11
Limited LLOMs - 2
Prints - 1
----------------------------------
Grand Total 37
© 2024 Collector Forums