LighthouseKeepers.com

Sand Key Florida

Posted By: ga light man

Sand Key Florida - 07/09/03 11:59 PM

I was just admiring my lighthouse when I noticed that the wires on the support tower wasn't completely painted on one side.Has anyone else noticed this on their lighthouse? I am sure it was painted this way in production.I am just very curious about this
Rick
Posted By: mombo

Re: Sand Key Florida - 07/10/03 02:13 AM

Mine's like that too Rick. I was thinking maybe it was supposed to look sort of rusty? Let's see what others report.
Posted By: ga light man

Re: Sand Key Florida - 07/10/03 02:19 AM

Thanks for looking at your lighthouse too for me to see if it was the same as mine. There are three sides of the wires that support the fresnel that look great but one side looked as if it was missed in the painting process.
Rick
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Sand Key Florida - 07/10/03 05:33 AM

All four sides look similar on mine.. there are a few supports that look as though they are old or rusted but that happens on all of the sides some where... they are all painted..
Posted By: mombo

Re: Sand Key Florida - 07/10/03 09:35 PM

I think it's on all sides of mine too, at least more than one. I've still got it packed away in the box and stuck in a closet with a couple other new ones until I figure out where to put them. I'll take it out again to check, maybe tomorrow, and report back.
© 2024 Collector Forums