LighthouseKeepers.com

Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building...

Posted By: Webmaster

Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building... - 01/02/04 10:29 PM

Found at the Lighthouse Depot Website:

A Harbour Lights produced replica of the Mt. Greylock War Memorial in MA.

http://www.lhdigest.com/Order.cfm?orderitem=42903
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building... - 01/02/04 10:47 PM

They must be doing quite well with these special issues. They continue to bring out some nice sculptures. This is a fine looking one, and from New England, so that must mean that I need one. Thanks for the heads up on this on, John.

Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building... - 01/06/04 07:55 PM

Mine is ordered! Actually I ordered it when we stopped at Lighthouse Depot on the way by from the Long Island Regional!!

Tim wouldn't give me a clue what it was but said it was going to be very nice, so I took him at his word..

A picture of the real tower!!
Posted By: Shirin

Re: Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building... - 01/06/04 08:53 PM

Very interesting! I've never heard of this memorial before. Looks like something I'll have to check out. Has anyone ever been there?
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building... - 01/06/04 09:29 PM

I found this site which is a panorama from the top of Mt. Greylock..

Panorama

We have driven by the Mt Greylock area but didn't go to the top..
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building... - 01/06/04 10:52 PM

For those who got the latest Depot, the piece is on the cover...qhite impressive! And it's LIGHTED! cool Looks like you better hurry, there's only 1800 left!
Posted By: mombo

Re: Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building... - 01/07/04 02:02 AM

It looks like HL did a very nice job with this piece. I'll have to go look for the memorial some day. The Berkshires aren't that far away.

Re: Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building... - 01/07/04 02:47 AM

I'm thinking the same thing Sue. Definately will have to go check it out sometime.
Posted By: pierhead

Re: Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building... - 01/07/04 11:24 PM

Oh what the hay, I placed an order for one when I got home from work. I've got the first two, so I might as well get it now and keep my numbers matching.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building... - 01/09/04 04:13 AM

I have been to Mount Greylock many times. It is a beautiful place especially in the fall when the leaves have changed. The view is just magnificent and on a clear day one can see the Corning Tower in downtown Albany NY. There is a lodge there with a snack bar and a fireplace. One can also spend the night there, but reservations are recommended.

http://www.state.ma.us/dem/parks/mgry.htm

I remember the first time that I went up in the tower. I said to myself, "this is a lighthouse". After some investigating, I found out that it was originally supposed to have been built in Boston Harbor.
I told Tim Harrison about this structure a number of years ago and showed him some pictures of it. He did a couple of articles in the Lighthouse Digest about it. And now it is a collectible produced by Harbour Lights and it all started with a simple day trip to a mountain top.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building... - 01/09/04 01:06 PM

I have mixed feelings about the purchase of this piece since it is not part of the Harbour Lights Lighthouse limited edition line. On the other hand, it looks like it's extremely well done and the real thing does exist in my home state, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Have they given a delivery date on this piece?

confused Bob confused

Re: Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building... - 01/09/04 01:45 PM

Thanks for the link Mike. That page had the directions I was looking for.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Lighthouse Depot Commissions Another Historic Building... - 01/09/04 03:36 PM

It's due out in Late February BOb. I've got my order in for it. Looks to nice to pass up.

Bert smile
© 2024 Collector Forums