LighthouseKeepers.com

Pharos Collection

Posted By: DocJ44

Pharos Collection - 03/02/00 06:30 AM

I picked up the new Harbour Lights catalog this weekend and noticed the following under the Pharos Collection: "Created specifically four our neighbors abroad...Please contact your local authorized dealer if you wish to place a special order."

I take it that these aren't going to be readily available here in the US sitting on the shelves of our favorite stores. However, if we want them we should ask for them and they can be ordered for us without too much difficulty...do I understand this right? They look like very nice pieces and I do intend to get them.

Doc John
Posted By: Art

Re: Pharos Collection - 03/02/00 08:36 AM

According to Kim Andrews in the chatroom this evening, Harbour Lights does not count the Pharos among the HL collection. She said that folks intent on having a 'complete collection' of HLs need not feel compelled to buy these. The intent is to sell these predominantly abroad. In fact, it seemed as though she was actively trying to discourage us Yankees from buying them. Save 'em for the folks across the pond.

-Art [Yeah, right. These are lighthouses, right? Me? Not buy them?]
Posted By: Pat PalmerBall

Re: Pharos Collection - 03/02/00 03:09 PM

I know I will be buying the Pharos collection. I love seeing and having any lighthouse in my collection.
The History, The Architecture, The Detail, the dusting!

KYKEEPER - Pat
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: Pharos Collection - 03/02/00 11:41 PM

We also put in an order for the Pharos group.
I need to check on the status with our local
dealer. I hope we get all 5 with the same number. Keeping fingers crossed.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Pharos Collection - 03/03/00 02:00 PM

The jury is still out , so to speak, on whether I invest in the Pharos Collection. From looking at the flyer, I would be definitely interested in Ballinacourty, Ireland, and maybe Portland Bill, England. My dealer told me he's getting two of each so I have first dibs on one if I like them.

It will be interesting to see if the people "across the pond" will start buying the original pieces sold in the United States. It could give the secondary market a real boost. You might see some of the US collectors scrambling to buy additional pieces to resell.

Bob
Posted By: Brent

Re: Pharos Collection - 03/03/00 05:11 PM

well....they still have a relatively strong economy, over there, so maybe they'll do well. I guess "now" is as good a time at any, to introduce'em.....as far as the American pieces are concerned I think they'll do O.K. I have a friend who lives in Holland who has something like 16 American models and his comment to me was...."If HL gets the word out, they'll sell". With the "Pharos" line being marketed that ought to help, alot.

------------------
Brent
© 2024 Collector Forums