LighthouseKeepers.com

Fresnel Lens has arrived

Posted By: LADYBUG

Fresnel Lens has arrived - 10/28/00 04:06 AM

The long awaited frensel lens has finally arrived in Washington state along with Sister Island. Both pieces were truly worth the wait and now reside in one of our curios.
Darlene
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 10/28/00 12:15 PM

Good news, Darlene! Now I figure it will only take about two months for the "HL Wagon Train" to bring those pieces to the East Coast. I might even have them before Christmas.

All kidding aside, I am looking forward to the day the new HLs make it to Massachusetts.

Bob
Posted By: oseabee

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 10/28/00 08:21 PM

This is great news after such a long wait.I went to my dealer to pick up my Rockland Breakwater this AM and he told me he had the invoice so I should have mine on tuesday or wednesday.:-D :-D :-D
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 10/28/00 10:41 PM

W A I T I N G ! ! ! !
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 10/29/00 01:02 AM

Today we picked up both the Fresnel Lens and Sister Island from our dealer in Dallas. They were both well worth the wait.

On the Fresnel Lens, the flag number is on the bottom of the base and there is no reference to the edition size. A small plaque on the side of the base with the flag number and edition size, (similar to Anchor Bay), would have been a nice touch. Maybe on the next lens.

------------------
Tom & Joyce
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 10/30/00 09:37 PM

We received our Fresnel Lens yesterday at our dealer. What a truely beautiful piece. I can't imagine how HL will top this one.

------------------
Randall Ronne
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 10/30/00 11:05 PM

This thread moved from "The Rumor Mill" on 10/30/00
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 10/31/00 05:00 AM

My dealer called today! My lens is in! They have made it east of the Mississippi! I will be picking up mine tomorrow. Bob, they should be in Mass. before too long!(LOL)
Posted By: Rusty

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 10/31/00 05:51 AM

Good for all of you, haven't seen them in Atlanta yet!

Rusty
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 10/31/00 06:32 AM

Still Waiting in Delaware. With any luck I will have both of them(Fresnel & Sister Isalnd) in time for the 11/4 signing event in North Wales , PA

[This message has been edited by Lonnie Davidson (edited 10-30-2000).]
Posted By: Polly

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 10/31/00 08:20 AM

Just returned from a long weekend & our Fresnel was waiting (along with 5 other pieces) shipped from our dealer. So it arrived at our house between October 27-30. We were surprised and pleased to see the number on the lens was the same as our "usual" number on the rest of our pieces.

It looks fantastic, has anybody else noticed that it has to be placed "just right" on the base track or it has a slight wobble?

(You're not seeing double, I did submit a similar reply to another posting.)
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 10/31/00 11:58 PM

Picked up the fresnel lens in Albany, NY today. Congratulations to HL for a job well done.

"TheLightkeeper"
Posted By: KT

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/01/00 12:15 AM

Let's see, it's arrived in CA,WA,CO,TX,OH,and NY but not here in AZ some 6 hours away!

------------------
Ken T
Posted By: Brent

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/01/00 12:55 AM

My dealer in North Carolina called today to say that my Fresnel Lens is "in" and that I can pick it up at any time. Unfortunitely, by the time I received the message it was too late to head down and get it before they closed for the day. I'm hoping that I'll be able to pick it up tomarrow....
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/01/00 01:29 AM

That's great news Brent. I too received a call from my dealer in FL and told me that my Fresnel is on the way. Should be here Thursday. If I'm lucky, Wednesday. Can't wait!!!

Tim - Boo!
[img]http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/torchbearer55/Pumpkin[/img]
Posted By: lkeasyliving

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/01/00 02:40 AM

Got mine today got home from work and the phone rang it was my dealer said thelens was in didn't take me long to get motivated !!!! it now sits ontop of my entertainment center looks great next to Liberty!!!
Larry
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/01/00 03:33 AM

The Fresnel Lense & Sister Island, NY have arrived in Delaware. My dealer called this evening. Will pick them up tomorrow .

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!
Posted By: mombo

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/01/00 04:47 AM

They arrived in Oswego, New York today also.

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/01/00 05:29 PM

Picked up my lens this morning.It is worth the wait.for now it has a place with my Ga, lights hopefully it will be a start on another case just for lenses.Bill O'Brien oseabee
Posted By: ddaniels

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/01/00 05:58 PM

Picked up my lens here in St. Louis yesterday. Not only is it a great piece and well worth the wait, but my box (#602) had a certificate for a free gift from Harbour Lights. Guess it was just my lucky day!
Now, bring on the first order, the bi-valve, etc, etc, etc!!
Dave

[This message has been edited by ddaniels (edited 11-01-2000).]
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/01/00 06:05 PM

They've arrived in Maine. Reviews soon.
Posted By: Joe Withers

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/01/00 07:58 PM

Still waiting in Indianapolis IN.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/01/00 10:25 PM

Still waiting in MA.
Posted By: Joanne

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/01/00 11:29 PM

I just got the call - it's in Florida!

Joanne
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/02/00 02:18 AM

Received the Fresnel today and WOW, am I impressed! This piece is even more spectacular than the photos. I am also pleasantly surprised at it's weight. I have already had many positive comments about it, especially with the moving wheels, and metal framing. HL did a wonderful job on this piece!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...
Posted By: TURBO271

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/02/00 02:52 AM

The Fresnel lens has arrived in Ma. Yes, it was worth the lenghty wait!

Turbo
Posted By: TD

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/02/00 07:25 AM

It has arrived in MN! Will pick it up at my dealer ASAP.
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/02/00 08:17 AM

Still waiting in Wisconsin. My dealer told me that they are only getting one Fresnel lens, He promised it to me, but I have to allow them to display it in the store for awhile. They are under the impression that HL may increase the number they will produce.

Suzanne
Posted By: chris g

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/02/00 11:14 AM

I am still hoping to be able to even get a fresnel, period. My dealer already has his first 2 promised to others, so I am really hoping that there will be one left for me on the next go around (if there is one). Keep your fingers crossed for me!

chris g
Posted By: Naders

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/02/00 05:33 PM

Still waiting for the call here in Alabama. Hopefully we'll have them by the end of the week.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/02/00 07:54 PM

I received my Fresnel yesterday and it already is quite at home sitting in the spot that I had reserved for it in one of the Twins.
John Wisnewski my good friend and dealer now has the turntables listed on his stores website.

Turntables at Bayside Treasures
SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/03/00 12:40 AM

Called my dealer today and No sign of the FRESNEL yet. Maybe tomorrow!!!

MtnHkr
Posted By: navyelt

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/03/00 12:53 AM

I am so psyched! Today the UPS man showed up at my door while I was working on our garage and he had the Fresnel Lens for me! It is quite a sight and definitely worth the wait. Bill and company did a great job!
Posted By: TD

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/03/00 03:05 AM

What a great piece! This is a WOW! Well worth the wait. If you don't have one reserved, you better get going. "The Lens" is already displayed in my family room. I Love It!
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/03/00 03:10 AM

Still waiting in this part of Michigan for the lens and Sisters.

Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/03/00 04:46 PM

Paul...which turntable style did HL's have with the lens? I would like to order one but have never seen them set up with the lens. The one with the mirrors seems like it would reflect the light best.

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/03/00 08:36 PM

Yes I found the lens has to be set on it's base just right or it can have a slight wobble but a piece as fine as this has to be treated with a lot of TLC.I brought up the rotating stands and was not impressed with them (my own opinion),to large and a bit gaudy.If they could be made flatter and in black or brown I would consider it,
Bill O'Brien oseabee
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/03/00 10:05 PM

They used the white version (less expensive one) but it either had been painted black or that model turntable used to come in black. I know it was made by the Bards Company because I turned it over and looked for the manufactures name, when John and I took the Fresnel over to shoot a couple of pictures of it sitting on my portable clouds studio, at Rosemont.

Oseabee, there probably are some electrically powered (plug in to the wall) ones that are made thinner, but the base is where they store the batteries on these models. I like the idea of no cables. I will probably only operate the turntables either when we have guests over, or on those special times when I turn on all of the cabinet lights and just marvel at my collection of Harbour Lights Lighthouses.

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 11-03-2000).]
Posted By: Pat PalmerBall

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/03/00 10:28 PM

Well both the Fresnel Lens and Sisters Island are here in Louisville, KY. I will be picking them both up tomorrow.
Oh...I just can't wait to see them.

KYKEEPER - Pat

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/04/00 12:13 AM

While at my dealers today I found the perfect base for my lens.It is round the bottom 6" diameter 2 3/4" high the top 5" diameter the top is a mirror with a hole in the center.a rotating multi colored light shines through the hole.it is AC and with the lens on it minus the wood base it is awesome.Glad I went out to check on my sisters island today.Bill O'Brien oseabee
Posted By: mci1231

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/04/00 01:11 AM

Osabee......

Could you provide more details on that base with light you mentioned?
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/04/00 05:18 AM

The wait is over!

The Fresnel Lens arrived today!!!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: rynomatt

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/04/00 06:46 AM

still waiting in Wisconsin- UGH-
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/04/00 07:01 AM

rynomatt - the Fresnel Lens (and Sista Island) *is* in Wisconsin - at least the two my dealer receives as part of her autoship. They arrived Wednesday - so you may want to touch base again. Good luck.

__
/im

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/04/00 05:28 PM

Karen is doing happy dance now!!!

Just called dealer and she did get two of the lenses in and one was damaged- but I was first on her list and I get it(the good one)!! YEA! I'm off to pick it up!! I guess months of bugging them paid off!!

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/04/00 07:28 PM

In response to MCI.the details on the base that I got.Black plastic with mirror on top.Bottom diameter 6" hieght 2 3/4" top diameter 5".the top is a mirror with a hole in the center,this hole has a flashlight size bulb and reflector with a disc rotating above it.all this below the mirror,as the disc rotates the colors change so the colors shine through the lens prisms.the colors are basicly clear,red,green and blue.It is powered by AC,has a fairly long cord(did not measure it)the cord has a rotary type switch on it.I had it on last night and again this morning.The effect is awesome.the cost is $30-,if you need any more specific inf Email me and I will get it for you. Bill O'Brien oseabee.

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/05/00 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oseabee:
In response to MCI.the details on the base that I got.Black plastic with mirror on top.Bottom diameter 6" hieght 2 3/4" top diameter 5".the top is a mirror with a hole in the center,this hole has a flashlight size bulb and reflector with a disc rotating above it.all this below the mirror,as the disc rotates the colors change so the colors shine through the lens prisms.the colors are basicly clear,red,green and blue.It is powered by AC,has a fairly long cord(did not measure it)the cord has a rotary type switch on it.I had it on last night and again this morning.The effect is awesome.the cost is $30-,if you need any more specific inf Email me and I will get it for you. Bill O'Brien oseabee.

where and how can I get one? please email me- k2@acronet.net thanks!!! Karen
Posted By: NiagaraLady

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/06/00 04:10 AM

AWESOME.......received last Thursday. We couldn't wait to open the box - what a quality piece! All our HL's are on open shelving on either side of our gas fireplace (no ashes!!!!) but the lens really needs to be dust protected. I just hate to put it where we can't enjoy looking at it. Looks like NiagaraMan needs to build a special cabinet.
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/06/00 04:58 AM

Yippee!!!!!!!!!
Picked up the lens and Sisters on Friday night. THEY ARE GREAT!!!!!!! I agree the lens must be protected from dust. We put our lens under a glass dome and it looks WONDERFUL. The lens is a true winner for Harbour Lights.

Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Fresnel Lens has arrived - 11/07/00 01:41 AM

YAAAA! My lens has come in.It`ll make it home tomorrow.YAAAA!

TerryBarfield
© 2024 Collector Forums