LighthouseKeepers.com

They are REAL!!!

Posted By: WackoPaul

They are REAL!!! - 01/10/99 04:40 AM

and they are really nice!!
Posted By: RFoster

Re: They are REAL!!! - 01/10/99 05:15 AM

Yes, they are nice. I thought they would never get here. I was looking at them with a magnifying glass yesterday and the detail is very good. I was looking for anything that would be unique, so to speak, and thought that I saw a faint impression of a seahorse on the ground between one of the figures feet. I also noticed that the third button down on the keepers wife's dress (the two standing together) was green instead of pink. Is this supposed to be a broache? Does anyone have this figure with a different color than green on this third "button"?

Ron
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: They are REAL!!! - 01/10/99 07:02 AM

And they are hefty! Made of pewter, not the cold-cast resin of HL lighthouses.

They have the feel of toy soldiers - but 100 times better than the best ones you ever owned.
Posted By: DonnaJLM

Re: They are REAL!!! - 01/15/99 08:14 PM

Hey Ron, my keeper's wife has 4 pink buttons. Maybe yours got sloppy with lunch -- pea soup? quacamole? Or maybe you found a variation?

Donna
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: They are REAL!!! - 01/16/99 05:11 AM

Are the K&F numbered? Are these considered as LEs or OEs by HL?

__
/im
Posted By: FredKuhl

Re: They are REAL!!! - 01/16/99 05:42 AM

They are OE's. But, since they were two years in coming they may end up being a very limited LE.
If you're listening Tim, run that thru your number cruncher
Posted By: Bob M

Re: They are REAL!!! - 01/16/99 05:46 AM

Tim, When you ask if the K&F are numbered, are you refering to the piece or their days on the shelves of dealers?

From the icy State of Massachusetts...
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: They are REAL!!! - 01/16/99 06:29 AM

Officially, our new friends are considered "Accessories". Which leads one to wonder what other "Accessories" might we be expecting to see from Younger & Friends?

Perhaps a mininiature Coast Guard crew - say an "Aids to Navigation" detail, dropping off buoys, swabbing the deck, orange life jackets on, ready to haul up a survivor off the ocean?

Perhaps a group of Southern Rebels dressed in grays ready to claim one of the Southern Belles as their own (and darken the beacon that aids only the Yankees)?

Hmmm. Perhaps a young George Washington surveying the future site of Horton Point?

Perhaps Abbie Burgess keeping the flame?

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 01-15-99).]
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: They are REAL!!! - 01/16/99 06:55 PM

How about mini HL wacko's? They could be sitting in front of computers, re-arrangeing or polishing curios, ect...

Maybe a special edition Chidester with a halo, or an Aucremann dipicted outside the FSB? A Watson standing among his inventory of oddities, a Brady with his curio, or a Kuhlman holding his CH1 purchased at retail.

It could be the hottest selling product HL ever developed. Maybe this should be posted over in the wish list. Any other votes or ideas?

-Todd
Posted By: Art

Re: They are REAL!!! - 01/16/99 08:32 PM

I love it Todd! Lighthousekeeper.com and Friends! Immortalized in pewter!
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: They are REAL!!! - 01/16/99 09:01 PM

I hope Harbour Lights continues to focus on accessories. Unlike those nasty (IMHO) GLOWs, they complement the limited edition line, bringing in income for HL and dealers without taking the focus off of the limited editions.

How about making wooden bases for each lighthouse, with the lighthouse name and construction date (i.e. West Quoddy Head Light---est. 1808) engraved on a brass plaque?

Re: They are REAL!!! - 01/16/99 09:03 PM

>>Perhaps Abbie Burgess keeping the flame?<<

Or a Beaver fanning it...

Re: They are REAL!!! - 08/14/02 06:09 AM

Do you own the K&F set? Should HL make another set (different, not a a glow K&F)?

T3RP
Posted By: Bob M

Re: They are REAL!!! - 08/14/02 12:16 PM

I never bought the Keepers & Friends. Then, as now, I purchase only the lighthouses and Anchor Bay Boats.

That's the word from the East Coast where we are experiencing and extremely hot and dry summer. Great for the beach but bad for gardens, shrubs, flowers, etc.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: mombo

Re: They are REAL!!! - 08/14/02 06:37 PM

No K&F here. Don't think we need any more "figurines". Around Christmas time you can pick up a few nautical knick-knacks in the stores that sell light-up houses/lighthouses. I've found 3 very similar to the HL versions, Mr.& Mrs. Keeper, the guy in the boat and the guy with the lantern. They don't all have snow so I leave them out all year.

That's the word from the Central NE where the lawn is brown except for the weeds and the flowers are dry and droopy. frown
Posted By: Jim Chesher

Re: They are REAL!!! - 08/15/02 01:39 AM

I have the K&F's and like them but don't think HL should produce any more accessories like them. They do take up much needed shelf space. wink

Posted By: shiulong

Re: They are REAL!!! - 08/15/02 09:28 PM

I like K&F and will add them to my display some day.

Chuck laugh
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: They are REAL!!! - 08/15/02 11:10 PM

I have the set and would welcome an additional set.

Rich cool
Posted By: smcclure

Re: They are REAL!!! - 08/16/02 04:17 PM

I have the Keepers & Friends set and think it's great. I particularly like the small size that makes them easy to display, the weight, and the wonderful detail. I would definitely buy another similarly sized set. What I would not want would be huge figurines such as the Men of the Lightsaving Station. -Scott
Posted By: chris g

Re: They are REAL!!! - 08/26/02 09:29 AM

I have the K&F- my husband bought them as a birthday gift for me a couple of years ago. I like them very much- the pewter gives them a good feel and they look very nice in the curio cabinet. Another set? Hmmm. I would like to see another set, but I don't know how well these moved off the shelves. My dealer had them marked down because he had several sets and they just weren't moving. I know that he would be hesitant to purchase any future sets like this because of this experience with the K&F. He would probably special order a set if I asked, but purchasing a set up front would be a real thinker for him.

chris g
© 2024 Collector Forums