LighthouseKeepers.com

In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights

Posted By: Webmaster

In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/07/99 04:07 PM

A continuation of this thread:

http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum19/HTML/000039.html
Posted By: Digger

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/07/99 11:44 PM

The dealer finally called! Haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. Trying to talk my wife into an early birthday gift.

Digger
Posted By: AlanBeckman

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/08/99 03:30 AM

For Mother's Day A Hillsboro Inlet HL was presented in Diane's name to my collection. I shudder to think what turnabout will come on Father's Day. Probably another weird musical instrument.

AB in Ala-Bama
The possum is gone but raccoons are eating the dog food on our deck. Still waiting for the beaver to show up.
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/08/99 07:42 AM

yeah, we had to move the dishes inside - they kept attracting ewoks. (taste like chicken - lol)
Posted By: Sara

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/11/99 02:53 AM

I received my Hillsboro for Mother's Day and what a great surprise it was. I love it, and in fact, I spent quite a bit of time rearranging one of the curios so that it would be the centerpiece of it. My husband also picked me up my Bass Harbor Head that I had been missing in my collection. All I have to say about Hillsboro is "stunning".

Sara
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/11/99 11:39 PM

Oh no...a voice of dissention here.

I don't like Hillsboro. I ain't buyin' it.

Sure, the tower is huge. At the same time, I find it TOO big. It's way out of scale with other Harbour Lights pieces...like Cyrano De Bergerac's nose.

Besides that, I find nothing architecturally pleasing about the buildings or the grounds. Everything about it, in my opinion, is plain.

If you want to go ga-ga, do it over White River, clearly the most detailed and stunning piece of the year thus far.

Ya got dazzled by sizes, folks...the tower and the edition.

What's next...a limited edition Harbour Lights lawn ornament?
Posted By: mombo

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/12/99 05:24 AM

Bill: I agree. I don't have it either but I love my White River!

Mombo
Posted By: Squid

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/13/99 12:47 AM

Have to join the bandwagon with Bill & Mombo concerning the intricacies of White River. In my opinion it is the best Harbour Lights replica made to date. Although the tree is overwhelming.

I picked up my Hillsboro this weekend, I am very satisfied with the lighthouse. The detail is also extraordinary (tower), but the size is considerably larger when comparing to White River. I think the size of Hillsboro attenuates the detail of the replica.

Just my two cents.
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/13/99 11:09 PM

Yeah, the tree is big on White River...but at least it doesn't look like a giant, mutant mushroom like the one on Dunkirk. My sole reason for not buying Dunkirk was that monstrosity. It just looks ugly. White River's is big but more natural looking.
Posted By: Robert M Dick

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/13/99 11:22 PM

This really is a family. Listen to the sibbling rivelry. I love it.

Moby

Big isn't always better.
Posted By: gary0920

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/13/99 11:31 PM

Has the bottom fallen out of the Hillsboro market? e-bay has 2 still at $125.00. Glad I wasn't the one who paid $200.00.
Posted By: Art

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/14/99 06:04 AM

The market hasn't even begun yet for Hillsboro, imo. With a little work, I'll bet you can still find plenty of them on dealers' shelves at the retail price of $125. I was surprised to see one go for more than retail so early -- they still haven't all shipped to dealers yet! The lack of a going price above retail merely shows that rational minds are prevailing, not that a bottom is falling out of the market, imho. I believe this one will appreciate, but in due time. I for one am glad that the "irrational exuberance" is limited to my stock portfolio and is not creating a speculative bubble under my HL collection.

------------------
-Art
Posted By: orv

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/18/99 10:18 PM

Gary,

Better check those Hillsboros on ebay again.

------------------
ORV

[This message has been edited by orv (edited 05-18-99).]
Posted By: Bob M

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/19/99 03:47 AM

Hillsboro @ $125 + 365 days = Hillsboro @ $250.........that was a prediction I heard at a signing.

Bob
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: In Continuing Praise of Hillsboro Inlet by Harbour Lights - 05/19/99 07:06 AM

A sure indicator its time for a Hillsboro GLOW.
© 2024 Collector Forums