Very cool! Thanks for the link.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/13/01 05:35 AM

Great Job, Jakers!!

SaintWackoPaul'
Keep the Flame
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/13/01 06:35 AM

Yes, Great Job Stephen and HL. We will have to really look this one over to find the special "touches" HL may have added for Stephen (like Mombo's initials on the book). And, what a fine tribute to Bob with the tree.

Dave
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/13/01 12:38 PM

Interesting lighthouse for sure. Great choice, Stephen! You have made your mark on Harbour Lights history!

Bob
Posted By: mombo

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/13/01 03:19 PM

Now that the Kid has announced his light I have to share a story with you. Hopefully he won't mind.

Quite some time ago I was visiting my H.L. dealer. This store like most carries lots of other stuff. While perusing other items I spotted a couple of lighthouse suncatchers. They were labeled "Red Brick Lighthouse" and "Snowy Winter Lighthouse" but I recognized them to be real lighthouses. I bought them both and "sleuthed" them out when I got home. Sure enough, they turned out to be Sand Island, Wi. and Sherwood Point, Wi. Now the wheels were really starting to turn. I asked myself, "Now what was that light that Jakers and his Dad were at when the Kid went through the ice?" I had to check back through the forums to find his story of the event and when I saw that it was, in fact, Sherwood Point I JUST KNEW that was Jaker's choice!

Now Stephen really took this "secrecy" thing to the limit. When confronted he did not want to admit that I had guessed. It took a lot of conjoling on my part to get him to tell me. I had to tell him that the rule was that you could only tell a former winner!

So I'm sure glad it's finally announced as I feel I've done double duty in maintaining the secrecy of "Choose a Lighthouse"!

Excellent choice Jakers and a wonderful story to go with this special light!
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/13/01 03:59 PM

Jakers:
A GREAT LAKES LIGHTHOUSE! What a wonderful choice!
Congratulations!
I'll bring my "autograph book" to the Regional Event for your soon-to-be-famous signature!
Posted By: Digger

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/13/01 04:47 PM

Way to go Jakers!!!! Wish I could have attended the chat but I was out of town celebrating our 25th anniv.
Posted By: Nana

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/13/01 10:46 PM

The special chat was lots of fun! Stephen, altho' I knew about the falling thru incident, I need to do some reading about the light. The HL piece is a beauty and the write up very personal and neat. Can't wait to see one for real in Chicago and my camera will be "looking at you kid", when Bill and you are on stage.

You know all us Wackos think you are one great young man!

Derith
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/13/01 10:54 PM

I'm speechless!
Being a Door County lighthouse fan, and visiting Sherwood Point as many times as I have, I couldn't have made a better choice myself. Many times I've though about which one I'd choose and another D.C. light tops the list. Great choice kid!

Mike
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/14/01 03:45 AM

My compliments on an excellent choice, Jakers! And what a wonderful Fog Signal Building. We're well on our way to a fantastic Door County Series!

Cana Island
Sturgeon Bay
Eagle Bluff
Sherwood Point

I think Pottawatomie will make an excellent next choice. The two Bailey's Harbor Range lights would be cool too, or the North Pierhead Canal Station Lighthous, or how 'bout Plum Island lights, then there's Chambers Island, and the Old Bailey's Harbor birdcage light, and Pilot Island, then top 'em off with the Plum Island lifesaving station.
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/14/01 05:02 AM

EXCELLENT CHOICE!!!!!

I have been suggesting Sherwood Point for several years. I am glad that you picked it. I am also glad that they included the fog signal building.

Suzanne Murphy

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/14/01 05:02 AM

Sounds like you will have to "Register and Win" next year Tim. You've already got your list made out!
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/14/01 10:27 PM

We all knew he had it in him! Again Stephen, you did a great job and you made us proud. Gee, two great pics in a row... wonder what it will be like next year at this time?!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...
Posted By: Jake

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/15/01 02:05 AM

Thanks for all of the compliments, you guys. Of course, HL deserves a lot of the credit. I just chose it! This is really the greatest bunch of people!

Jakers
Posted By: TD

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/16/01 07:07 AM

Last October I wished my wife a Happy Anniversary in the "Forum". I also stated that I would love to retire to a lighthouse on one of the Great Lakes. Someone replied and asked me which one. Well Stephen it was Sherwood Point. Now when I dream about living in a lighthouse I will be able to look at the next best thing, a HL's rendition of Sherwood Point. Outstanding choice!

TD
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/16/01 11:26 AM

What a nice addition to the Harbour Lights collection. Thank you Stephen & thank you Harbour Lights.

"Keeping The Flame in New England"
Ron
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/17/01 02:45 AM

Great choice Stephen,it`ll look great in the Barfield home.
Ron, wasn`t this the "mystery" lighthouse on the NELL website?

terry

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/17/01 02:37 PM

Forum Cruise Director Stephen gets his Sherwood AP!

Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/18/01 07:11 AM

Stephen got a lot of recognition this weekend. Bill was full of praise for this fine young man and we Wackos whooped and applauded when he was recognized with the AP on Saturday at the Seminar -- and Bill also recognized him at the Sunday Seminar for a talk he gave to a group in Illinois. (Cheryl, help me out with the town and group.)

Kim called me one day about a year ago and said this group wanted to have a speaker who could come and talk about lighthouses and collecting and did I know one of our group who could do that.

I said Jakers would be the 'man'. And he was! A couple who heard him speak a few days before stopped by and told Bill what a great job Stephen had done in his presentation.

Good job, Jakers!
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/18/01 09:35 PM

Congratulations Stephen!

What a fine choice by a fine person. I can't wait to get my copy of the piece. It is going right next to Sister Island in the "Wacko Section" of my curio.

-Todd
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/18/01 11:20 PM

I got Jakers autograph for his choice of "Sherwood Point" and Mombo's autograph for her choice of "Sister's Island" and finally asked B. Younger for his autograph in my book of "famous people"...he looked at me, with his "winning smile"!
Now, you are in my special book, with signatures of Race Car Drivers, Soap Opera Stars..etc...thanks all!
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/21/01 03:46 AM

To complete the circle...

A boy and his Point

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/21/01 05:17 AM

Man, the kid's got more appendages than Paul!
Posted By: Jake's Mom

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/21/01 05:59 AM

John, to answer your question. Stephen gave a talk about Harbour Lights for the Downers Grove Park District Museum. They have a collectors hour the second Monday of every month. They have a different collector each month come in and talk about their collection. Thanks again John for recommending him. He really enjoyed it. It was a great experience for him.

Cheryl

[This message has been edited by Jake's Mom (edited 06-21-2001).]

Re: Stephen's Choice - 06/21/01 06:20 AM

The Sherwood Point Lighthouse is the featured lighthouse on the Homepage of HarbourLights.com
© 2024 Collector Forums