LighthouseKeepers.com

Hopper Strait Society Piece

Posted By: Cana Fan

Hopper Strait Society Piece - 10/24/01 03:09 PM

Any updates on the shipping of the #642 Hooper Straits? Anybody have their's yet? We need some reports!

Mike
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 10/25/01 11:16 AM

Hey Mike, ...My Hooper Straits were delivered this week, here on the East Coast where it is a very balmy 64 degrees at 0515 hours. Saturday is only suppose to reach 45 degrees with a low of 25 degrees. That's New England for you!

All my Hooper Straits came in just fine and look great. All were signed by Bill with a date of 10-4-01. There were no Billisms on mine which were numbered 521, 522, 908, 909.

That's all from this end of the country...

Bob
Posted By: wheland

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 10/25/01 01:56 PM

Bob,

Unless I misread the heading Mike's asking about the Society Version of hooper available to any member of the Society.

The last word on that I believe was possibly by the end of October. This was in a post earlier from john I believe.

I'm waiting for the call from my dealer.

Dennis
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 10/25/01 02:37 PM

I spoke to Debbie @ Harbour Lights last week
and she advised that the society Hooper strait I had ordered to ship to my dealer should be shipped this week.
Posted By: coler

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/09/01 04:06 AM

I checked with my dealer last week and they haven't seen them.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/09/01 04:16 AM

I got a call from my dealer and mine is in Oregon.

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/09/01 04:35 AM

I had a message from my dealer when I got home from work yesterday that it was in.

Work and other obligations kept me from getting there today. I will get it on my lunch hour tomorrow.

Dennis

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/09/01 01:10 PM

I asked my dealer about the Society Version of Hooper Strait and he advised me it should be in within a week.

Bob

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/09/01 05:00 PM

Opps!...You're right, Dennis. I originally misread the topic when I put in my post about the reunion exclusive instead of the society version.

I am looking forward to receiving my society version of Hooper Strait which will be proudly displayed right next to the reunion exclusive and mini as soon as it comes in.

Bob
Posted By: RIP Puls

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/09/01 08:31 PM

I called yesterday Mike and was told they are shipping as we spoke.

------------------
RIP

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/09/01 10:48 PM

I just received an email from my dealer. He shipped my Hooper Strait today. It should be in the curio by Monday evening.

Bob

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/10/01 05:44 AM

I picked mine up on my lunch hour.

It looks great. It's a heavy one. I'm sure it's not as nice as the Reunion Version, but i still like it.

I must have called real early- I got #72. I credit that to reading the heads up from John on this site.

I'm going to be in the Annapolis area next weekend, so maybe I'll get to see the real thing while we're there.

The trip is a belated Anniversary gift to each other, so Lighthousing will not be the main thing on this trip. That's not to say there will not be some lighthouses seen on this trip.

Dennis
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/11/01 06:58 PM

Good Day!

It was a good day indeed on Friday, November 9th as the Hooper Strait Member version arrived in Northern VA.

After getting the message left on my answering machine from my local dealer, stopped in after work to pick them up.

Wooooo hoooo... When the store manager pulled them out of the boxes for inspection, the customers were all asking questions about where it was located and how nice the piece looked.

Of course, after a little conversation, I grab my hooch and split...before everyone started asking where they could get one of these.

I have to admit, in person, the piece looks much nicer than was displayed in the original images months ago, however, I think the "reunion" piece is still "KING" as the roof comes off for a rewarding surprise.

Christopher

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/14/01 03:23 AM

Yeah Baby!!! The Hooper Strait Society Piece is a great one! This is a definite 9 1/2 out of 10. I like it more than the Reunion Exclusive if you keep the roof on.

Mine was delivered today. It is #67 and I'm just thrilled with the piece (can you tell?). I loved the little bonus in the box, a thumbnail of Hereford Inlet! If you didn't order one of these pieces, start calling your area dealers to see if they might have got one in that nobody claimed. Don't miss adding this piece to your collection!

Bob
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/14/01 07:03 AM

This one has not arrived yet in Groton, CT. I'm really looking forward to adding it to the collection.

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/14/01 06:34 PM

Hasn't made it to far Northern California yet either Ron.

Rich

------------------
Posted By: dwood

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/16/01 07:10 AM

Picked up mine in Edmonds WA today. It's lovely!

Dixie
Posted By: Pat PalmerBall

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/16/01 03:24 PM

Mine arrived today in Louisville Ky via Orlando, FL. And to my surprise it is number 21. Wow...I was expecting a much higher number.

KYKEEPER - Pat
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/16/01 06:53 PM

I also have received mine. A really nice piece, and now I know how the roof is supposed to be aligned on the reunion piece.

Rich

------------------
Posted By: fresnalhead

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/16/01 08:09 PM

ORDERED ONE MONDAY 11-12-AFTERNOON FROM ORLANDO, RECEIVED THURS. AFTERNOON. LOOKS LIKE MOST ALL HARBOUR LIGHTS-AWESOME
Posted By: oseabee

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/17/01 01:53 AM

Jusy where is this hopper strait located?
Bill O'Brien
Posted By: Larry

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/17/01 02:35 AM

Bill,

Hooper Strait is in the Chesapeake in Southern Maryland. The actual lighthouse itself is no longer there. It was split in half horizontally, loaded on a barge, floated up the bay and reconstructed at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in St. Michaels, MD. Grap your Rand McNally, look for the town of Crocheron, MD and look south. There is Hooper Strait.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/22/01 12:43 AM

Picked up mine today (#85) and it looks great beside the reunion Hooper.

terry
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/22/01 03:47 AM

Got a call yesterday that it has arrived in New London. Another thing to be thankful for.

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/22/01 04:12 AM

I finally got the call from my dealer today. Will pick up on Friday.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/22/01 05:35 AM

I picked one up today and I really like it - I like the copper green roof better than the Reunion one -- but of course it doesn't come off.
Posted By: KEWEENAW

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/23/01 03:33 PM

PICKED UP MINE WEDNESDAY, 11/21 IN NORTHWEST INDIANA (#253). DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY OF THESE ARE TO BE PRODUCED?
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/23/01 07:23 PM

Mine hasn't arrived yet. Have all of them been shipped?

Suzanne
Posted By: KEWEENAW

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/23/01 09:55 PM

SUZANNE,

I SPOKE TO HL CUSTOMER SERVICE EARLY LAST WEEK AND THEY SAID THEY HOPED TO FINISH SHIPPING THEM MID DECEMBER.
Posted By: TD

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/24/01 07:51 AM

Picked up mine on Wednesday. What a great piece! I got number 47.
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/26/01 12:57 AM

I don't know how many of the Hooper Society pieces were made but I did see one in the 3000's at a dealer over the Thanksgiving weekend in Pennsylvania.

Anybody have or see a number higher then 3999 ?

Christopher
Posted By: Dick Johnson

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/26/01 01:30 AM

Don't know if these are at the end of the run or not, but my dealer received 2 pieces numbered 5097 & 5099.
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/26/01 03:22 AM

Received mine about 10 days ago s/n 1469.

------------------

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 11-25-2001).]
Posted By: Jim Chesher

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/27/01 03:13 AM

I'm not sure what the shipping order was but I ordered mine on 3/2/01 and it arrived today and is number 5196. Still a great looking piece.

Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/27/01 03:42 AM

Got a call from my dealer and it has arrived #91
Posted By: Bob St.Clair

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/27/01 05:41 AM

Received my Hooper Strait today #1501. Great piece.

Also received my Christmas piece, great piece of work.

------------------
Bob
Posted By: DeDo

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 11/27/01 05:46 AM

My Hooper #2387, ordered early summer arrived just before Thanksgiving along with LA Harbor & Sherwood Point. Didn't realize that it came with a Thumbnail!

Donna
Posted By: Rock

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 12/07/01 06:36 PM

I like it, it's now sitting next to it's "sister"...just wished they'd used the same technique on the picnic tables that they used on the stairs...
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 12/07/01 11:36 PM

Right on Rock, that's exactly what I said to my wife when we picked it up last weekend. Otherwise, it looks great! Love the green(Copper) roof. Looks great next to the Reunion piece. Hard to tell it's the same lighthouse. Lucky to get #86 too!

Mike
Posted By: coler

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 12/08/01 06:13 AM

Mine finally arrived last week. Pretty cool to be able to display them all side by side.
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 12/10/01 04:18 PM

Finally got mine over the weekend! Very nice! One was a two digit piece and the other has a much higher number. They look great sitting together as a then and now set!
Posted By: smcclure

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 12/22/01 07:12 AM

Did anyone else NOT receive their Hooper Strait piece yet? I ordered mine months ago from HL and nothing has appeared yet at my local dealer. I tried calling Harbour Lights to make sure they still have my order, only to learn that they are closed until January 2. If anyone else is still WAITING, let me know. Scott
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 12/23/01 03:05 AM

Mine finally arrived. #318.

Suzanne
Posted By: oseabee

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 12/23/01 05:15 AM

Will some one please give out the location of this Hopper strait.Bill O'Brien
Posted By: mombo

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 12/23/01 05:40 AM

Bill, you can read about Hooper Strait here:
http://www.cheslights.org/heritage/hoopers-str.htm

and here:
http://www.cbmm.org/

This thread is referring to the Society version of this light which is depicted as it is now, on land at the Chesapeake Maritime Museum. It has a roof color similar to the one shown in these links.

The Reunion Attendee version was depicted out in the water and had a redish roof color which was how it used to be.
Posted By: Lightseeker

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 12/28/01 09:55 PM

Sue, I think Bill is kidding us about the misspelled topic title. Bill, it has "hopped" down to the Marketplace; Randy Kremer has one for sale. Better grab it quick, it's much scarcer than HOOPER Strait.

I may be the last wacko to get mine; only because I left it languishing in my dealer's stockroom for about a month. It's #90, and I like it a lot. The shading on the roof is particularly attractive. And it does confirm the proper orientation of the roof on the Reunion piece, which you can pretty well guess from the positions of the stoves and stovepipes. I notice it's rotated 60 degrees on the HL Website picture!

One complaint: I wish they had put the flag on the same side of both the Reunion piece and the Society piece. Most of us, I believe, display our lights consistently with either the flag to the front or to the back on all pieces. If you do that with these two, they're facing opposite directions. I think they display better positioned identically. But then you've got one flag and one no-flag. No biggie, I guess . . .

Bruce
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Hopper Strait Society Piece - 12/28/01 11:00 PM

Very good Bruce! I must have been looking at this forum topic when I misspelled that one!

I did this to see if anyone would catch it! (Yeah, right!) (LOL)
© 2024 Collector Forums