LighthouseKeepers.com

Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

2007 - 08/05/06 01:50 AM

I know I'm getting way ahead of things, but I have to ask.

When will the HL 2007 first half lighthouses be announced? When did they announce the 2006 first half? Was it in December?

-----------------------
Lighthouse LOON
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: 2007 - 08/05/06 04:28 AM

The January 2006 pieces were introduced a bit late as I recall - perhaps the end of January?

I expect the January 2007 list will be announced in January.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: 2007 - 08/06/06 04:26 AM

Well, if the new owners will learn anything, they should know that there's a lot of collectors and their family and friends looking for NEW harbour Lights for Christmas. I think a release of some in late October early November would start 2007 off with a BANG! May be to late for this year but how about next year????
Bob
Posted By: HCS

Re: 2007 - 08/06/06 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rscroope:
Well, if the new owners will learn anything, they should know that there's a lot of collectors and their family and friends looking for NEW harbour Lights for Christmas. I think a release of some in late October early November would start 2007 off with a BANG! May be to late for this year but how about next year????
Bob
Great idea Bob!
HCS
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: 2007 - 08/06/06 09:31 PM

Bob,

You have hit the nail on the head. Maybe the new owners will DO it. Or maybe they will just disappear.

bobo
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: 2007 - 08/07/06 03:32 AM

I thought of the 2007 HL releases originally for the collectors guide thats coming out soon. Would be nice to get them in there. This way the book stays current until next summer.

From reading the replys since I asked the question, I like the thought of HL not just announcing then in December, but releasing lighthouses in December. Christmas Gifts!!! A lot of family know I like lighthouses, and I think sales would be great for HL.

Makes more sence then in January when everyone is short on cash from Christmas.

--------------------
Lighthouse Loon
Posted By: 5lights

Re: 2007 - 08/07/06 02:59 PM

I too think Bob has a great idea. Early November would be great...especially for the gift giving season. January is such a bummer-who has the extra money after Christmas? Then of course property taxes are due also. Very cash tight month. Don't we all tend to spend more at Christmas on gifts? laugh

Re: 2007 - 08/07/06 03:34 PM

The timing of new releases is based on industry trade shows as well as manufacturing issues.

The Christmas Lighthouse (and any ornaments that might be offered) are usually the last thing announced.

That doesn't mean that Harbour Lights couldn't 'hold back' one of the summer introductions and spring it in August.

Waiting until November would be a logistical problem getting the products to dealers.

While we consumers think the Christmas buying season starts around Thanksgiving, most businesses are already working on displays and products -- if it wasn't done months ago.

You'd need to slot into that type of schedule to deliver something fresh in 'time for Christmas'.

And then factor in the early lead time required by catalogs.

Re: 2007 - 08/07/06 04:16 PM

John-holding one back would be o.k. or maybe they could do an extra one specifically for that reason. Thank you for the elements of marketing that we didn't think to factor in. Is that why shorts and swimsuits show up in January here in Wisconsin when it's like...30 degrees below zero? confused laugh
Posted By: rscroope

Re: 2007 - 08/07/06 06:32 PM

It's that kind of business thinking/routine John that's missing a huge market at that time of year. It's time to think "outside the box" (I hate that phrase). If the Collector Industry continues to be driven by givens, it will continue to flounder. INNOVATION!

ps I just got back 4 positive responses before your 'this is why.'

Re: 2007 - 08/08/06 02:04 AM

I agree with you Bob. Just 'splainin' why things is the way they is. Not necessarily the way they could be.

Debbie, those swimsuits in Wisconsin in January are a conspiracy of the Sun Belt states and the airline industry. They want you freezin' people to be thinking "Heck, it can't be this cold EVERYWHERE!"

Re: 2007 - 08/08/06 05:06 AM

Thanks for 'splaining the reasoning for us freezin people! Love it!!!
© 2024 Collector Forums