LighthouseKeepers.com

Guardians of the Night

Posted By: Webmaster

Guardians of the Night - 09/01/02 06:16 AM

I had a chance to spend last Wednesday at the Harbour Lights offices in El Cajon on business. While there, I was shown 4 of the 12 lights from the new "Guardians of the Night" series.

My overall impression was that they were similar to the ceramic Lefton Lights, but with finer detail and color.

I expect we'll have some photos to post this coming week.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Guardians of the Night - 09/01/02 10:02 PM

John
Are they ceramic like the Lefton lighthouses or are they porcelin like Dept 56 houses?

Re: Guardians of the Night - 09/05/02 02:19 AM

They are ceramic.

Should have pictures up on Friday Sep 6.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Guardians of the Night - 11/01/02 05:39 AM

Just got a LHD catalogue today and these guys also come in lamps, for $148. You can turn on the lamp only, the lighthouse only or both.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Guardians of the Night - 11/01/02 01:56 PM

Harbour Lights is also making lamps out of the Guardians of the Night? I don't receive the LHD catalog. I did at one time but they stopped sending it.

smile Bob smile

Re: Guardians of the Night - 11/01/02 03:05 PM

Lighthouse Depot is converting the Guardians into lamps, not Harbour Lights.
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Guardians of the Night - 11/06/02 01:47 AM

It is only my opinion and not trying to infringe on anyone.....

but it sounds like LHD is acting similiar to Lefton and turning the HL Guardians (already similiar in nature to a Lefton) into another product form... that of a lamp (which also was available through Lefton).

URGH !!!!!
Posted By: lhlover

Re: Guardians of the Night - 11/25/02 09:10 PM

I found this topic while scanning through the posted I missed while out this weekend. I have to say, when I looked at the pictures on the website I didn't have a high opinion on the Guardians, but after the the Winter Regional Event my attitude towards them changed. I have contacted my dealer and told him to set aside an Alcatraz Guardian for me. I have NO IDEA where I'm going to put it, but I'm sure I'll find a place. Maybe right next to my "I Love You"/Minot's Ledge HL. smile We'll see. . .

P.S. They have A LOT more detail then the "Brand X" (what Bill Younger calls Leftons laugh )
© 2024 Collector Forums