LighthouseKeepers.com

Society 2004

Posted By: Jazzer

Society 2004 - 01/31/04 07:13 AM

Is 2004 the 10th ann. for the Collectors Society?
Posted By: Bill Bowen

Re: Society 2004 - 01/31/04 06:09 PM

I believe The Harbour Lights Collectors Society was established in April 1995.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Society 2004 - 03/14/04 03:02 AM

Whatever anniversary it is it's got to be time to announce this year's Society pieces. March 13th already!
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Society 2004 - 03/14/04 03:35 AM

The 2004-2005 Collectors Society Exclusives will be included in the first 2004 Legacy which should be mailing to members about the 19th.

It is the 10th Anniversary Year.

We'll have the Society information including photos of the exclusives on Tuesday 23rd at www.HarbourLights.com.

So what are you guesses as to region and specifically the gift and the exclusive?

No contest on the ornament -- it will be East Brother CA.
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Society 2004 - 03/14/04 03:59 AM

Northeast....
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Society 2004 - 03/14/04 12:58 PM

I like your way of thinking, Mary! I was hoping the Northeast will be the region.

When I think of the Northeast and the possibilities for a gift piece and society piece, I think there's a possibility for a Long Island (NY) piece and a piece from one of the islands off the coast of Massachusetts or Rhode Island.

Long overdue are Cedar Point, Long Island, and North Light, Block Island. Then there's the lights on Martha's Vineyard that haven't been done: Cape Pogue, West Chop, and East Chop. Then there's Nantucket where Great Point and Old Brant Point haven't been done.

I would be thrilled with any of the above!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: DMancini

Re: Society 2004 - 03/14/04 02:50 PM

As much as I would like to see Cedar Island, I don't think it is going to happen this year.

Kim is coming out for our Long Island Lighthouse Weekend (May 1-2, 2004) and she made a comment intimating that Cedar Island would NOT be available this year. frown

We're hoping that once she sees the lighthouse up close and personal, she'll be inspired to include it for next year! laugh
Posted By: akmn

Re: Society 2004 - 03/16/04 03:14 AM

Received our legacy today. Our 5 copies came early as a special gift due to Mindy and I being profiled in the collectors corner. Check out our one page article!! We are so excited to be in the legacy. The society pieces are great, they should be a hit with collectors. A huge thank you to Rachel for the wonderful job she and Pat Shaw did for this article and especially to Kim for telling them about us!!

Take care everyone!!
Mindy and Adam
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Society 2004 - 03/18/04 06:37 PM

.... And it remains a mystery ......

:p
Posted By: ctlights

Re: Society 2004 - 03/18/04 07:48 PM

Not really a mystery. You can find a pix on line at a store website if you look hard enough.

It's from New England - redemption piece and gift (both from same state and area).

It's definitely not one of the lighthouses from the "wish list". Nice piece, but will not buy it.
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Society 2004 - 03/18/04 08:40 PM

Yeah, I've seen it too. Not to impressed. This may be the first year I don't buy the society piece.

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 01:31 AM

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...

I'm sorry you guys were a little disappointed in this years Society piece(s). I haven't seen them yet or do I know what they are. When I do see them, I will render an opinion on them.

I will be adding both to my collection no matter what they look like. I'm a "one of every LE guy".

When will the rest of us find out where to view the new releases?

confused Bob confused
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 02:37 AM

I too have seen the 2004 Society pieces on a dealers website. I will order the Society piece because I have all the other Society pieces but if this was a regular release I am afraid I too would probably pass on it.

Tom
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 05:48 AM

Here you go!

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 06:31 AM

Thanks Jim. But two versions of the same lighthouse? That's queer. The as it was version is fine but a "gift" of the remnants is just plain odd, imo. Nice name of the boat in the full version though.

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 01:05 PM

I personally can wait to add those two pieces to my collection! I don't understand some of the collector's non-positive feelings about these two pieces.

I often thought that light would make a great HL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't someone put this light on the "wish list" of the CF many moons ago?

Bring them on, Harbour Lights!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: TexasLights

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 03:14 PM

This is on my short list as one of my favorite lights. I have old postcards that show it as it was and lots of pictures of how it is now. My only decision will be display location....Maine or Society section. Such a nice problem to have. Terry
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 04:02 PM

Thanks for the link for us dummies. (o.k., I'M the dummy!)
I don't know, I think it's kinda cool. Although I was hoping for a Great Lakes year, these are pretty neat. Probably won't but the Exclusive, since I stick to the "buy 'em when I've seen em" rule, and I obviously can't see that one, but I like the freebie, even though I haven't seen the real one yet either. Looks to be well done. By the way, he list a price of $39.00. Did the cost of the Society go up or is he just charging shipping?

Mike

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 05:32 PM

That's the new cost of being a member of the Collector's Society. It's still the best buy in town if you collect Harbour Lights.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 05:33 PM

I LOVE 'em! I think Cuckolds is such a quirky light. First, it's called Cuckolds, a quirky name in itself. Plus, It has that semicirular end, that red roof..so quirky and charming. It looked quirky before the blizzard, too!

One quip though...wasn't the roof always red? The original version shows it as a normal, grey roof. I'm not sure if that is correct...hmmm...

As for the Maine/Society question, Terry--it's simple: Put one in Maine, one in Society. But of course, then you have the other wonderful decision of which goes where...a never ending cycle... :rolleyes:

They look great...a good job on HLs part. laugh And I may actually get to see it, as the society pieces are the only ones my dealer stocks. East Brother right next to the 2001 brochures...

This would be worth joining the society for me! There is no rule that you have to collect HLs, right?

UPDATE: It looks like the roof was originally greyish. Here's a postcard from Jeremy D'Entremont's site: Postcard

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 05:45 PM

I have no problem with the redemption piece, just don't see why the "gift" should be the current version of the same lighthouse.

Sure we've had Morris Island Then and Now but in later years many lighthouses have been depicted as they were in their "glory" days, i.e. Gay Head, Sankaty.

It seems that the "gift" light could have been another smallish lighthouse from the same region?
Posted By: JCRice

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 06:21 PM

I really like the look of the pieces...BUT...I have to agree with Mombo. I wish that the 2 society pieces would have been 2 different lighthouses. For someone like me (limited HL budget), I would have prefered to spend my money on 2 different lighthouses, not 2 different versions of the same lighthouse. (I know...the Society piece is technically "free", but you know what I mean.)

I would have liked to see the big version of Cuckolds light as the redemption piece and another ME (or New England) light as "freebie"...but, hey, that's just my opinion.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 08:50 PM

Looking forward to these two. I'll figure out how to display them when I see them. I'm sure both of these will find a place in my collection.

Hard to believe that it is basically a "Then and Now" set, if you buy the Society piece. It really is a first for a gift and society set as far as I know. Kind of neat if you ask me. I wonder what the future holds for this type of setup. Sure will be curious to see what the future may hold for us.

Bert smile smile smile
Posted By: ctlights

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 09:29 PM

The 2004 Society piece looks great but I won't buy it because it is outside of the list I wish to acquire. With over 4 curios and 100 lights, I will only buy: Point Bonita, Point Vicente, Old North Block Island; Watch Hill, RI, Point Sur, CA and maybe the New Haven and New London (CT) lighthouses. The Block Island piece and California's 3 most popular lights have been requested year after year. Perhaps if we just stop buying these obscure,largely unrequested pieces HL will get the message and make us all happy. Can anyone really believe with all of their technical advances, they cannot do justice with Point Bonita? So far, I won't buy any of those announced and it may be the first year I will not buy any piece. Nothing to do with quality of those released, just overstocked with too many lights like everyone else.

As far as the free gift, all of these "free" pieces just sit in boxes - they are smaller than most LE's and less detailed - something I'd rather not mix with my present displays.
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 09:58 PM

Well I'm going to step out of the shadows to say that this is the BEST Harbour Lights news I've heard since I've been a collector.

*u****** [a hint] is my favorite lighthouse in the world. #1 hands-down. I've been bugging them since 1996 to make it. They responded with not one but two versions.

This is a dream come true, and both look splendid.

Thank you, Harbour Lights. You made my day, week, and year!!!

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 10:16 PM

Nice to hear from you again Bill. BobM mentioned that someone had been plugging for this one to be done, but he couldn't figure out who it was and neither could I. Now we know and am I happy that you kept at it. I felt the same way when they did Bullocks Point in Rhode Island. Nice to know that someone listens to us, isn't it! Keep stepping out of the shadows on occasion. Always nice to read your reviews and your comments.

Bert smile
Posted By: Medicman

Re: Society 2004 - 03/19/04 11:54 PM

Well... I like em. Will probably buy em both. Have been since 98. I too like the "See em/have to buy em" rule since the 2 cabinets are full.. but like getting Seagirt in 1998, I promised Cindy I'd get her to see it one day. And that promise got fullfilled during the Baltimore Reunion bus tours.
Lord knows I dream about a Maine trip. And a San Francisco bay trip. It may be when I retire which is a ways off...but the dream and desire is alive. I like the "Now and then" format. Easy to explain the reason lighouses need our help seeing the destruction time and weather has done to em.

Re: Society 2004 - 03/20/04 03:15 AM

Medicman, you will love Maine. In my book it is prabably the most beautiful state there is, especially the northern 2/3 of the state. COngratulations on your 200th post. Before you know it you'll be a superwacko.

Bert smile
Posted By: MelJB

Re: Society 2004 - 03/20/04 05:17 AM

Jim thank you for the link! I'd been looking at some of the dealer sites I had bookmarked and hadn't been able to find one with the society pcs.

I will get the society pc, but will wait to see the exclusive 'for real' before I decide on that one.

Re: Society 2004 - 03/21/04 09:01 PM

I like em ! Will buy them
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Society 2004 - 03/22/04 02:53 AM

I get all of the LE so this will be no exception. Only thing that would have been nice is two different pieces instead of the same piece for both the Society and Gift. But, the gift is free so beggars can't be choosers.
Posted By: shiulong

Re: Society 2004 - 03/22/04 07:41 PM

I like em also and I will add them to my other society pieces. laugh laugh

Chuck laugh
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Society 2004 - 03/26/04 03:20 AM

I have to agree with Bill in Portland, these pieces are AWESOME and well received in my collection.

It's not exactly the Owls Head piece that many collectors have been waiting for but it is a Maine light and I would welcome a Maine light at any time!

Will definitely buy the redemption piece. 2 thumbs up!! Bring it ON!!!!

Thank You HL smile
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Society 2004 - 04/12/04 05:29 PM

I am really happy about the choice of the Society selections. I saw the Cuckholds last year when I was in Maine. We went on a lighthouse cruise out of Boothbay Harbor with Captain Fish Cruises. The boat took us up the Sheepscot River and back
down the Kennebec. We saw all the little lights on the Kennebec as well as Hendrick's Head and Sequin from a distance. I am from Maine originally so I say "Bring on the Maine Lights!"
I love every last one of them!

Re: Society 2004 - 04/13/04 12:41 AM

Well said Kay! Bring on the Maine lights. One of these years we hope to get Owl's Head. I've got to check that lighthouse boat trip you took, sounds interesting!

Bert smile
Posted By: kory63

Re: Society 2004 - 04/14/04 12:24 AM

I'm a MANIAC by birth and my wish is every LH in Maine is eventually done by HL. I only wish I found HL and the Society earlier so I could have obtained those Maine Lights that are retired.
Rick smile smile smile

Re: Society 2004 - 04/14/04 12:41 AM

Keep your eyee on the Marketplace and Ebay. There has been some remarkable bargains on both lately. It may be a way of filling the holes in your collection. I'm glad I bought mine when I did, but believe me when I say they are much cheaper now than they were then.

Bert smile
Posted By: Brent

Re: Society 2004 - 04/14/04 03:08 PM

I'll "second that", Bert! There are some great deals out there!

Collector since January, 1992 wink
Posted By: Larry

Re: Society 2004 - 05/22/04 04:28 PM

Has anyone received their Cuckolds piece yet? Aren't they usually out by now?
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Society 2004 - 05/22/04 06:01 PM

They won't be shipping until probably early June. We did give away a gift Cuckolds this past weekend, and I will say that it is a very nice HL. Lots of detail, as would be expected. Had a lot of people looking at it as it was on display, wondering where the real light was located.
Posted By: Digger

Re: Society 2004 - 05/23/04 10:59 PM

I will say that they ARE very colorful!!
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Society 2004 - 05/24/04 08:20 PM

Saw the pictures of the Cuckhold Light and I have ordered them and can't wait to get them! I saw it
on a cruise out of Boothbay Harbor a few years ago. I just checked my album of Maine Lights and
and it does have a red roof.

Re: Society 2004 - 06/02/04 07:13 PM

HL will begin shipping the '04 Society pieces by the end of this week, beginning of next week smile
Posted By: Rock

Re: Society 2004 - 06/11/04 07:18 PM

My membership kit arrived in NoCal yesterday. Nice little blue mug included w/gift piece, if anyone cares.

Re: Society 2004 - 06/11/04 08:01 PM

Thanks for the heads up, Rock. Nice to know the kits are making it into the mail finally.
Posted By: LADYBUG

Re: Society 2004 - 06/12/04 04:39 AM

The membersip kit made it up the west coast as well. Mine arrived a couple of hours ago and is already on the shelf with the rest of the society member pieces. Hard to believe it has been 10 years since I joined the Collectors Society as a charter member. smile
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Society 2004 - 06/12/04 04:21 PM

They have made it to St. Louis. My membership kit was waiting for me at home last evening.

Re: Society 2004 - 06/16/04 01:38 AM

Arrived today in Upstate NY. I must say that I like the gift piece. The detail is very very good. Much better than I expected.
Posted By: Lightseeker

Re: Society 2004 - 06/16/04 02:59 AM

I agree, Lonnie. I think the large size of the piece allows for the better detail. It has a quality that even many LE's don't have: if you've seen the actual light, when you see this piece you immediately say "That's IT!"

Mine is truly a "free gift"; I won it in a drawing at a store event last weekend. Best non-gold item in the drawing!

Thanks, Harbour Lights.

Bruce

Re: Society 2004 - 06/16/04 05:09 AM

Can't wait for mine! Just checked the credit card and I have not yet been charged frown Hoping for sooner then later

Re: Society 2004 - 06/17/04 01:31 AM

Mine arrived today and yes it is much larger than any of the other "gift" lighthouses. The mug is really quite large also, too big for coffee. I tried some iced tea in it and it worked fine. Then later I tried beer in it and it worked even better! laugh

Re: Society 2004 - 06/17/04 02:33 AM

Edition numbers?
Posted By: Bob48

Re: Society 2004 - 06/17/04 04:36 PM

Found mine on the front porch yesterday. Number 713, thanks Harbor Lights. The larger size sure comes in handy for all "you guys" whose eyes are getting older. wink
Posted By: wheland

Re: Society 2004 - 06/17/04 07:08 PM

I got mine yesterday. It's definitely one of the nicer Society Gift Pieces. The size is larger than usual and it's up to the standard for detail.

I got #666.

Dennis
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Society 2004 - 06/19/04 01:46 AM

Mine arrived today. And I agree, it's a wonderful piece of work. Congratulations to Bill and Company. It's number 111.

Re: Society 2004 - 06/19/04 03:11 AM

Gee, so far we have 111 and 666 (isn't that supposed to be something with the devil, Dennis?). Maybe Trooper Bob can get a 4 digit match after all his searching.

Re: Society 2004 - 06/19/04 04:26 AM

Mine is #532.
Posted By: shiulong

Re: Society 2004 - 06/19/04 07:27 AM

Mine came today and it looks greaaaaat! eek eek it is 1091 laugh laugh . My lowest member number yet and the cup is just the right size for coffee. The piece is large and has it's own boat. I also like the way the tide waters are done near the dock. laugh

Chuck

Re: Society 2004 - 06/19/04 03:07 PM

Mine is #236

Re: Society 2004 - 06/19/04 11:05 PM

Dave,

I believe it is referred to as the Number Of The Beast and is also referred to as the mark of the Devil.

I'll leave the rest to you.

laugh

Dennis
Posted By: Lightseeker

Re: Society 2004 - 06/19/04 11:58 PM

Dennis,

Does that make you the Jersey Devil?

Re: Society 2004 - 06/20/04 05:41 AM

I've been called a Menace, but never the Jersey Devil.

Dennis

Re: Society 2004 - 06/20/04 12:55 PM

Quote:
Gee, so far we have 111 and 666 (isn't that supposed to be something with the devil, Dennis?). Maybe Trooper Bob can get a 4 digit match after all his searching.
Hopefully, I will receive my autoship #23 on the CS gift. As far as my somewhat forgotten quest to get certain 4-digit flag numbers with all numbers the same, I do have a #1111 and a #2222.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: sandy

Re: Society 2004 - 06/21/04 05:58 PM

Received #849 today. Cup a nice addition--one fill should keep me wired for most of the day!!

Sandy laugh laugh
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Society 2004 - 06/21/04 08:22 PM

Sandy,

Try it with BEER. WORKS EVEN BETTER.

Re: Society 2004 - 07/01/04 01:11 AM

Recd it today.... 3881
Posted By: bonnebert

Re: Society 2004 - 07/01/04 02:53 PM

I'm still waiting for mine, but when I called Shelly last week, she said they were behind and all of them should be shipped in the next two weeks.

Joyce
Posted By: kory63

Re: Society 2004 - 07/01/04 06:45 PM

Got mine yesterday #1552 laugh laugh laugh and immediately ordered the society piece. Any/every LH in Maine is for me.
Rick
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Society 2004 - 07/02/04 04:41 AM

Got mine this week also #61

But I've gota call Harbour Lights, they forgot to put my redemption tickets in the box!!!! frown confused frown

Stephanie
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Society 2004 - 07/02/04 07:11 AM

Mine was at our old house -- #980. Looks nice. I like the 'wet spots' by the dock and around the shore rocks. A first methinks.
Posted By: Ron

Re: Society 2004 - 07/06/04 06:20 PM

Mine arrived today, I will have Bill sign it on Saturday. laugh
Posted By: Elmer

Re: Society 2004 - 07/06/04 08:20 PM

Our 2004 Society Exclusive piece (#4079) arrived last Friday ..... nicely done and like it a lot. Would be cited on an OSHA visit however ... the gas cylinders on the porch need to be restrained.
eek :rolleyes: eek

Dan
Posted By: Gebby

Re: Society 2004 - 07/07/04 04:06 AM

I'm still waiting mad

Re: Society 2004 - 07/07/04 05:56 AM

Still waiting in Maryland. My son (In Maryland also) got his last week.
Posted By: Larry

Re: Society 2004 - 07/07/04 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Bowen:
Still waiting in Maryland. My son (In Maryland also) got his last week.
Also waiting in the next town over from Bill
Posted By: pierhead

Re: Society 2004 - 07/08/04 01:13 AM

Still waiting in Indianapolis. My hopes are high for this weekend!

Re: Society 2004 - 07/08/04 11:54 AM

I haven't seen mine yet. I was a little late in ordering and did ask about receiving my autoship #.

smile Bob smile

Re: Society 2004 - 07/08/04 04:22 PM

My Society piece arrived sometime between June 16 - June 29 whilst I was in VA. Nbr in the high 2000's. Still the lowest number I have ever received in the Society pcs since I became a member.
Posted By: eastpoint

Re: Society 2004 - 07/08/04 06:58 PM

Still waiting here in NJ. Talked to HL on 6/30 and they said it should be shipped by 7/2 but have not seen any charge yet or the piece.

Hank frown

Re: Society 2004 - 07/09/04 12:59 AM

I called HL today and talked to Michelle. She indicated that for the most part if you are getting your autoship number then a lot of them have not been sent out yet. They are put aside and should be shipped shortly. She said that is her little project to ship the autoships. At least that is what I understood her to say. Old ears sometimes don't hear everything correctly.
Posted By: KelleyBob

Re: Society 2004 - 07/09/04 03:15 AM

I just joined HL this week! How long does it usually take to receive the collectible? What does everyone think about being a part of this society? Are you all a part of any other lighthouse collector groups? Thanks

Re: Society 2004 - 07/09/04 04:47 AM

Welcome, KelleyBob. Many folks do join the Collector Society, as it is a good deal - you get the gift HL, a nice pin to match it, 4 issues of the Lighthouse Legacy newsletter and either a binder for your newsletters (new members) or a print of the light featured in the gift piece (renewing members). It can sometimes take a few months to get the membership kit shipped, but right now they are dealing with the rush from the start of the membership year (it runs May 1 - April 30).

Re: Society 2004 - 07/15/04 01:37 AM

Mailed check really early and still have not received Society Members package. Anyone out there with the same situation?

Bill
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Society 2004 - 07/15/04 02:58 AM

I have not seen our Society order yet. Hopefully, we will get them before long.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Re: Society 2004 - 07/22/04 01:31 AM

Still waiting. :rolleyes: Hoping it's soon. Anybody else know what the true holdup is?
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: Society 2004 - 07/22/04 06:45 PM

I received mine sometime in the past week or so. I still haven't opened it, have too much mail to go through first. frown
Posted By: Twiggy

Re: Society 2004 - 07/23/04 06:20 AM

Hello All
My Society Piece was here waiting on me when we got back from Georgia the 12th of this month.
Also I got a call from my dealer Today that my ornament(East Brother Island) is in and can pick it up anytime
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Society 2004 - 07/23/04 06:30 AM

I received my Collectors Society kit on Wednesday July 21st, but there is no pin and no mug in the box. There is a note about the pin being backordered, but not about the missing mug.

Re: Society 2004 - 07/23/04 12:34 PM

It's great to hear that those society kits are finally arriving. Also nice to hear that the ornament is arriving at dealers. Has anyone received the Redemption (OLD CUCKOLDS) piece yet. Hopefully my dealer will be calling soon.

Bert smile

Re: Society 2004 - 07/23/04 12:44 PM

I'm sorry to hear about pins being back ordered and missing mugs. Apparently, HL's supplier hasn't been on the ball supplying El Cajon with enough product.

This society gift and related stuff is the biggest mass mailing HL does (I think). If you joined or renewed a society membership, then HL can figure you will be purchasing more HL's in the future.

I wonder if they use that as an indicator on how the next year's business will be?

smile Bob smile

P.S. I haven't received my package yet.
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: Society 2004 - 07/24/04 04:35 AM

I finally opened mine, and no pin or mug!

Hmmmm, how courious?? Harbour Lights is sure changing a lot lately!
eek

Re: Society 2004 - 07/24/04 02:01 PM

I got back from the boat late last night to find the HL Society package had arrived. I didn't get a chance to open it yet. I will let you know what was in the box when I get home from work later today.

smile Bob smile

Re: Society 2004 - 07/25/04 12:01 PM

I opened the box when I got home from work yesterday. My society piece #23 was inside along with the matted print. No pin or coffee mug was in the box.

It makes you wonder if more people than anticipated joined the society this time and that's why HL ran out of some of the merchandise.

The important thing is the society gift itself. I would say it's the best one they ever produced.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Society 2004 - 07/25/04 02:36 PM

I received mine several weeks ago, got the cup and pin but, there was no redemption certificates? confused mad confused

Stephanie

Re: Society 2004 - 07/27/04 01:44 AM

My Society Membership Kit arrived today by UPS.

No pin, but a note stating,"We have experienced a delay at the Factory. Your pin will be sent to you in early August."

A second note stated in part, "Due to a shortage on our shipmentof 10-Year Anniversary Mugs, we are unable to include that mug in your kit. However, we have enclosed, as an alternative, our gold rimmed cobalt Society mug along with a Little Light. We hope you will enjoy both items. Thank you for your understanding."

The enclosed mug is a quality item, and I do appreciate Harbour Lights efforts in making adjustments for what appears to be production problems with their suppliers.

The Cuckolds, ME membership piece is a beauty.
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Society 2004 - 07/27/04 03:25 AM

Our society membership kit arrived today. Received the society piece, the print and the redemption certificates, but no pin or mug. There was a note explaining the pin shortage, but no mention of the missing mug. I can understand running out of an item, it happens quite often. What I don't understand is the inconsistent way Harbour Lights is handling it. Things are definitely changing.

Re: Society 2004 - 07/27/04 04:22 AM

Hmmmm.... Still waiting with curiosity abounding.

Re: Society 2004 - 07/31/04 04:50 AM

Got my autoship number today but no mug or pin. Seems to me that the collectors that got autoship numbers did not get mugs. This seems a little unfair, but, life is unfair. Sorta makes you wonder about who miscalculated and didn't order enough mugs to go around. Anybody out there that got their autoship number receive a mug?

Re: Society 2004 - 07/31/04 05:16 PM

Rich, I've been wondering about that myself. I'm still waiting for my piece to show up. I don't quite understand how Harbour Lights could have goofed that badly. They already know how many members they have, and many of those renew for three years at a time. At the very least they should have had enough to send to those members. I'd always figured that if I renewed for three years at a time that my piece would be one of the earlier ones to be shipped. Obviously that's not the case, nor has it been for the last couple of years. Life isn't always fair, but when you're a paying member of an organization, you at least deserve an explanation. Otherwise, it's not worth the money. I'm not saying I'm going to drop my membership, but if you tell someone you're going to do something, you need to follow thru with it or provide a reason why you couldn't.

Re: Society 2004 - 07/31/04 06:08 PM

Has anyone considered the company the HL outsourced for the mugs messed up??? Maybe that company made a delivery that did not meet HL's high quality standards or a crate arrived and the mugs were damaged???

And, as for Cuckolds, you are depending on a factory in china, shipping yards in China and Long Beach, delivery services in China and the US, not just HL so there may be someone along the may that is causing a delay in pieces getting to members. When did you guys renew your memberships? I renewed in January and did not receive my piece until the end of June. They may be using the first come, first serve method.

Lastly, with the economy being tough on collectors' markets I think HL is doing a great job getting product out, because I am sure ( having about 12 years retail experience) that there are alot of the stores that sell the lights that are slow in getting their invoices paid due to slow sales in there own shops.

Re: Society 2004 - 08/01/04 12:23 AM

First, I renewed two years ago. If it's another company's fault, then great (which I have considered) - but let people know. As I've said, I haven't received mine yet so it's hard to say what I'll find. I have no doubt that the piece will be excellent - they always are. I'm just not happy with the consistency of communication or lack thereof. Will that keep me from buying future memberships or HL pieces. It's very doubtful. It's too good of a product, and the Youngers are too good of people.

Re: Society 2004 - 08/01/04 01:03 AM

This whole situation about the mugs and the delays in shipping boil down to this I feel. Harbour Lights is great about meeting the collector's demands and the extra time it took to get my autoship number is well worth the wait. The lack of a mug in the members autoship numbers is not so great. Whether it was a mess up on ordering or a mess up on prioritizing who got the mugs is something we will never know. I'm sure it won't happen again and if it does it will just be another mistake and not intentional. My only thought is why send them out at all if HL knew they didn't have enough for all their renewing members. It's like inviteing 1000 guests to dinner and only having enough food to feed 250 guests. Will the 750 guests that paid the same amount for the dinner and not get any food understand? Probably not and then they will be bitter about it and get a bad taste in their mouths for future dinners. Oh well, I don't drink coffee anyway.

Re: Society 2004 - 08/01/04 01:43 AM

Way back when it seems that I remember reading something to the effect that mugs would be given to the first 5000 or so folks renewing their memebership. I called HL to see if I was due for renewal. I wasn't, had one more year left on my membership. I then asked if I could renew a year early (in order to get the mug). I was told, "No, but if your membership is current you'll get the mug."

Well maybe the mugs just ran out????

Re: Society 2004 - 08/01/04 02:00 AM

Probably the case. I don't drink coffee, and really don't have any need for the mug. Didn't mean to come off as a grouch. I'm just eager to get my new society piece and the wait is driving me bonkers smile

Re: Society 2004 - 08/01/04 02:45 PM

A simple solution. Call Harbour Lights at 1-800-365-1219 and ask for Michelle. She is always willing to check into things and tell you when the piece was shipped or is going to be shipped. Let you fingers do the walking and give your mind a break.
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Society 2004 - 08/03/04 02:45 AM

OK, I think it's new topic time! We've gone to 104 posts...I didn't even know you could have that many! And this thing does pages? eek
Posted By: sandy

Re: Society 2004 - 08/03/04 06:05 AM

Received sculpture (#849), pin, and mug on June 21st. Don't have an autoship, so go figure!!
Sandy :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
© 2024 Collector Forums