LighthouseKeepers.com

Bodie Island Lightouse HL447

Posted By: Lighthouser

Bodie Island Lightouse HL447 - 07/08/03 01:52 AM

My dealer told me that the GLOW HL447 Bodie Island Lighthouse that was listed among the 2003 introductions has been pulled.

Has anyone else heard this...or know why?

Judy
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Bodie Island Lightouse HL447 - 07/11/03 08:19 PM

This is interesting to hear.... so another North Carolina GLOW piece is delayed. Hummmmm, anybody have any solid word as to what is going on with the Bodie? I too would like to know
Posted By: Brent

Re: Bodie Island Lightouse HL447 - 07/12/03 12:38 AM

Interesting! It must be a quality-control issue. If anyone finds out, let us know... eek
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Bodie Island Lightouse HL447 - 07/12/03 01:17 AM

It will be in store in about two weeks... Bodie OE just arrived in El Cajon it's just running a little behind schedule..

Re: Bodie Island Lightouse HL447 - 07/12/03 01:46 AM

Thanks for that information! I really wondered about the dealer's remark, since she was still showing Bodie on her web site.

And then, there wasn't anything on the Harbour Lights site that indicated a problem.

I just knew someone here would know...and I'm glad it's good news!

Judy smile
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Bodie Island Lightouse HL447 - 07/12/03 03:59 AM

I love Bodie light, I gave my friends a couple of rolls of film to use this past week to use on the lights while they vactioned out there. My goal is to make it to the outer banks in 2004!!!

Re: Bodie Island Lightouse HL447 - 07/12/03 04:53 AM

Jim...please share some of those photos when your friends return!

Wish you could come to the Outer Banks in October for the big weekend celebration of the Hatteras lighthouse's 200th birthday. (17th & 18th) And Bodie is just about 20 minutes further up Highway 12. There are a few folks from here and a bunch from Lighthousing.net that are coming...and we've all said what fun to meet face-to face!

I do hope you make it in 2004...and I hope that you'll still be able to experience my favorite thing to do at Bodie...stand in the dark and watch the beautiful First Fresnel lens as it goes from dark to light.

It's still a big question about whether the Coast Guard will dismantle it to make repairs...and if they do...will we get it back to Bodie. We can hope!

Judy

Re: Bodie Island Lightouse HL447 - 07/30/03 05:20 AM

Well...the same dealer just posted the new Glow version of Bodie as having been received, and ready for shipment! :rolleyes:

Judy smile
© 2024 Collector Forums