LighthouseKeepers.com

Old Cuckolds

Posted By: MtnHkr

Old Cuckolds - 07/31/04 02:45 AM

Received my "Old Cuckolds" today and I must say it is a wonderful addition to the list of great lights. HL deserves a lot of credit on this one as it is well done. Definitely a "WOW" in my book. Has anyone else received it and what do you think of it?

Bert smile
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/01/04 11:34 AM

We picked up our piece yesterday and I would have to agree that this piece is nicely done.
Posted By: Bill Bowen

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/03/04 02:24 AM

Picked mine up at my dealer's today. Great detail, and a nice companion to the Society membership piece.

Bill
Posted By: mombo

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/04/04 09:05 PM

Mine's in. Got a call from the dealer yesterday but haven't gone to pick it up yet.

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/12/04 10:40 PM

Bringing this one up again as I'm sure that more of you may be ordering or receiving this wonderful piece by now.

Let us know what you think may be right or wrong on this one. Personaly I think it's well done as stated above.

You might want to add your comments on having the Redemption piece and the member piece as this one was done, the "NOw and Then" aspect of a particular light.

Bert smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/28/04 05:04 PM

I received mine yesterday and I just think is is an absolutely great piece. Comparing it to a few old postcards that I have, it is really done well with great detail and worthy of being called a "WOW"
Posted By: kory63

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/28/04 09:16 PM

I'm ga-ga for any light from Maine! I think this is a GREAT laugh piece. I particullarly like the inside view of the light. I also think it is a fine counter point to the Society piece.
Rick
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/28/04 09:50 PM

Well Folks,

Just received my Old Cuckold this afternoon. And it is stunning. WOW - WOW - WOW. It is absolutely stunning. Love the horn on the roof.

Bob
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/29/04 08:20 PM

Bob (Bahb),
We were at J's yesterday and guess what? Your Old Cuckolds autoship number is in.
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/29/04 08:26 PM

Quote:
Your Old Cuckolds autoship number is in.
Bob, disregard this message. Tom said he looked for your autoship and of course couldn't find it. Makes sense, as it was apparently already shipped to you. shocked
Posted By: mombo

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/30/04 08:42 PM

Well since it's raining here again, for the third day in a row, I figured it was a good day to go pick up my piece before the store put it up for sale!

I like it ok but think I would have liked it better if I didn't already have the "now" version. It's nice to see the comparison between what "was" and what "is" but I still would have rather had a different light for the society gift.

Does anyone know what the icky green stuff on this piece is? Is it supposed to be water????

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/30/04 08:46 PM

Well Cheesehead,

I would assume that it would be water. But that's just a guess. And you know what "assume" means. Of course, it may have been the result of someone getting sick.

Bob

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/31/04 01:36 AM

Bob's right, I believe it is water. Stagnant water that turns yucky green.

Bert smile

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/31/04 02:33 AM

Bert,

Now I'M getting sick.

Bob
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/31/04 11:24 AM

I receive the Old Cuckolds and Three Sisters last week. I haven't had a chance to remove them from their boxes to take a look at them. I'll probably do that within the next couple of days. I'll let you know what I think of both pieces once I get a chance to examine them.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Old Cuckolds - 08/31/04 12:17 PM

The icky green stuff is probably water. Little pools of water on the rocks is a very common on the coast of Maine, especially in a place where there is a lot of exposure to ocean waves and tides.

The other possibility is that someone got carried away with a glue gun.
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Old Cuckolds - 09/17/04 07:00 PM

I am thrilled with my Cuckholds. The detail is so great. I can just imagine what it would have been like to have been a keeper there when it was
intact and required a keeper. I love all the Maine
lighthouses! Probably because I am a Maine native. Sure wish Harbour Lights would make Owl's Head.
© 2024 Collector Forums