LighthouseKeepers.com

Anyone Giving Little Lights This Christmas?

Posted By: Webmaster

Anyone Giving Little Lights This Christmas? - 11/25/00 04:53 AM

When the first came out, there was some discussion about using the Little Lights as a gift item for family and friends.

Anybody got Little Lights on their buy-list this Christmas?
www.HarbourLights.com/LittleLights/
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: Anyone Giving Little Lights This Christmas? - 11/25/00 04:01 PM

Sort of. We're going out this evening with friends on a cruise from Portsmouth Harbor to watch the lighting of the Christmas lights on Nubble Light in York, Maine. Great way to beat the crowds. Anyway, we bought them the Nubble TLLOM to mark the occasion. I'm glad they're available---I would've hated to have to buy a competitor's version.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Anyone Giving Little Lights This Christmas? - 11/25/00 04:06 PM

You know, I hadn't given them much thought. I haven't been shopping in a while so I haven't been to any area HL Dealers. I don't think I've even seen one of the little lights yet. I guess when you do business with one dealer and you're in the maintenance mode you really don't get out into the retail market of HLs very much.

I still check eBay and the CF Marketplace a couple of times a day looking for deals. I bought a XXXXXX XXXX LE from a posting on the Marketplace this week as a surprise Christams gift for my close friends (I had to put X's instead of the real name because he might stop by and read this). I figure the LE is a much better gift that a LLOM anyday.

Perhaps the LLOM would make an excellent gift for a "grab bag" gift for Christmas parties with co-workers or friends. It's inexpensive and possibly something a non-LE collector might treasure. It would also be a wonderful gift for a child to introduce him or her to the wonderful world of lighthouse collecting.

Bob
Posted By: Brent

Re: Anyone Giving Little Lights This Christmas? - 11/25/00 10:55 PM

Yes, I've bought 12 to give to various friends and members of my family. Personally, I think they make great gifts and promote HL's at the same time.....I may even keep a couple for myself....LOL!! The more I see'em....the more I like'em.
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Anyone Giving Little Lights This Christmas? - 11/26/00 12:37 AM

My dealer doesn't even carry them John. She only has so much room and she already has quite a few LE dust collectors. I don't think she would entertain a suggestionof carrying more HL products. She has me as one of her two autoships. If she sees something she likes, she orders more. Unless it's something like the Fresnel Lens of course. She'd like more, but can't get them.

Rich

------------------
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: Anyone Giving Little Lights This Christmas? - 11/26/00 04:55 PM

I think its a great idea and an excellent way to get a young child interested in LHs.Get them started on their own collection,and start a whole new generation of lighthouse lovers.
Terry
Posted By: mombo

Re: Anyone Giving Little Lights This Christmas? - 11/27/00 02:54 AM

I just sent a list home with my daughter and husband of those that I wouldn't mind having.
Posted By: Nana

Re: Anyone Giving Little Lights This Christmas? - 11/27/00 05:10 AM

Several summers ago when my grandtwins were on vacation at St. Simon's, they climbed the tower. Ever since, they always want to know if "their" lighthouse is on my teeshirt. So, you have already guessed, they both will have a "little light" of St. Simon under their tree.
Derith
Posted By: chris g

Re: Anyone Giving Little Lights This Christmas? - 12/01/00 10:54 AM

I hadn't planned on giving any as gifts for Christmas, but I have already given several for other occasions. I gave one to each of my kids teachers last May at the end of the school year. I let my kids pick out which ones they wanted to give. I wrote a note to go with each one and even moved one of the teachers to tears! I hadn't planned on doing that, but it just shows how powerful the message of the lighthouse can be!!
For my 40th birthday in October, my kids gave me a LL. This was perfect for them because they have an even more limited budget than me! Interestingly enough, they selected Coquille River because, as Ryan pointed out, I was turning 40 and Coquille is known as the coffin!!

chris g
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Anyone Giving Little Lights This Christmas? - 12/01/00 07:50 PM

I will in the future when there are more Long Island Little Lights? Only Montauk currently!
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: Anyone Giving Little Lights This Christmas? - 12/02/00 12:16 AM

We are giving 4 of them to Brad & Andrea, our friends who tags along on most of our lighthousing trips.
© 2024 Collector Forums