LighthouseKeepers.com

Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS

Posted By: Webmaster

Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 09/15/00 05:47 PM

As if we didn't have enough creatures in Arizona to contend with...

...In the last few days, 4 bears have been found wandering around in Suburban Phoenix, apparently looking for food.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 09/15/00 09:08 PM

John, next time we talk in person, ask me about what happened at the Holiday Inn at the Airport last week. You won't think the bears are such a big deal!
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 09/16/00 07:12 AM

Everyone heard what a great place to live you have there in Phoenix. Even the bears want to move into town!

Dave
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 09/16/00 03:42 PM

John, Is this just a coincidence that one day this week there was a bear problem in the city on the Simpsons and the city started a "Bear Patrol", or do you actually live in Springfield too ?

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 09/16/00 03:50 PM

Will they have to change the expression about the bear in the "woods" to the "desert"?
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 09/16/00 10:22 PM

When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was the menu for an "Arizona Cookout". Hmmm, hmmm good!

Bob
Posted By: Gary Toth

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 09/17/00 02:07 AM

This whole thread is 'bear'ly believable. Oh well, I guess I'll have to grin and ......
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 09/18/00 07:50 PM

John... say hello to Yogi and Booboo for me! I'm still in Gainesville, FL and have discovered a new creature of which I am not accustomed to dealing with... scorpions! Nothing like reaching into the depths of a transmitter, seeing something move and discovering it's a scorpion. Ugh!

Tim - Keeping a hammer nearby!

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 09/19/00 02:41 PM

........Oh My!
Posted By: mombo

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 09/20/00 01:43 AM

Guess you'll have to just grin and bear it John!
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 09/23/00 08:01 AM

For what it's worth John, we have an ongoing bear problem. Lots of black bears just outside of Eureka. We have a group of about 60 that live on the same hill as we do. They can be a nuisance, but they add color to the area. Helps prevent boredom until they start taking pets which has begun here. County trapper is patrolling the area.

Rich

------------------
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 09/24/00 04:52 AM

John the reason you have the bears is that Gov. Whitman of NJ called off the bear hunt in her state and decided to fly them to selected destinations.A few of them were dropped on Phoenix ,AZ.

Watch these forums for reports of bears popping up in all sorts of strange places as residents of the Poconos in PA. are thinking of flying bears also .

[This message has been edited by Lonnie Davidson (edited 09-23-2000).]
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 09/26/00 12:47 AM

Em-bearassing?

(Just for fun of course!)
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 01/16/01 10:46 PM

..And a Bobcat. Saw one today as I went out to pick up the mail. About the size of a coyote (collie size). I was about 50' away.

This is the first bobcat I've seen.

Someone's pet beagle is loose in the neighborhood - hope these two don't meet up.
Posted By: easya

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 01/17/01 12:10 AM

My money would be on the bobcat!
- O.U. kid
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 01/17/01 04:45 PM

Hey John, ...Perhaps if you post your recipe for "Bobcat Scampi" on a few poles in your neighborhood, your unwanted and dangerous visitor would disappear.

Never forget that wild animals are not cute like domesticated animals. If any of you come upon one, stay away or immediately head to a safe place. They appear in neighborhoods when they are hungry or possibly rabid. Either way they can be bad news for family pets, small children, and even us big guys.

Bob
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 01/17/01 05:57 PM

Wow John... you sure do grow them big out that way! I'm use to the smaller variety Bobcat we had in PA. Maybe this one's father was a Cougar. Can you say, "Here kitty, kitty, kitty?"

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...
Posted By: Joanne

Re: Rattlers, Scorpions, Spiders, Gila Monsters, Mountain Lions and BEARS - 01/17/01 07:30 PM

Lions and Tigers and Bears and SNOW!

Saw on the national news that there's snow in parts of Arizona, a rare sight.

Joanne
© 2024 Collector Forums