LighthouseKeepers.com

#18 Forty-nine and Counting

Posted By: WackoPaul

#18 Forty-nine and Counting - 12/27/04 03:41 PM

The roof on the dome raised another 10 feet when Manning connected with Stokley for his 49th touchdown pass of the season, when 57,000 plus Colts fans let loose a awesome cheer for his accomplishment... My son Chad turned to me and said, after some high fives, "even though the dome only holds 57,000 fans, in the future there will be over 150,000 who say they were here for the moment!"

It was deafening!! Go Colts!!
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: #18 Forty-nine and Counting - 12/27/04 04:02 PM

First, let me say congradulations to Manning and the Colts. That being said, it will be interesting to see if Manning and the Colts follow the same road as Marino and the Dolphins did. After Marino had his record season it was all downhill for both Marino and the Dolphins. Marino's head got too big for even his ego to handle. The Dolphins followed their QB right down the drain. I hope that does not happen to Manning and the Colts. Of course, as a Browns fan, I just wish I had a team that could be high enough in the standings to go down the drain.
Posted By: pierhead

Re: #18 Forty-nine and Counting - 12/27/04 06:06 PM

Paul it's 57,890. So there will be 175,000 people that say they were there.

Re: #18 Forty-nine and Counting - 12/27/04 07:43 PM

Thanks, I meant 57,000 plus and typed 47 both times.. I corrected the total.. The 47 probably came from the 48th and 49th td passes in my head still!!

Rich, I think Marino came into the league that way and Manning is the real deal... a real class act!
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: #18 Forty-nine and Counting - 12/27/04 07:57 PM

Paul,

I have to agree with you on the class act. I watched him during his time at Tennessee and even though he never beat my Gators, not once did he bad mouth them or any other team that he played and lost to. I think his brother also seems to be ok. I think his parents did all the right things with their upbringing. Marino and his ego didn't deserve the record anyway.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: #18 Forty-nine and Counting - 12/27/04 11:40 PM

Congrats to Peyton! Paul, you'll remember that for a long time. When I was a youngin', I was at Shea for OJ's 2000th yard. And that was an opponent rather than Mr Indy!(a different OJ character then than lately) I'm sure I have a slide somewhere of the event?
Posted By: RIP Puls

Re: #18 Forty-nine and Counting - 12/28/04 12:39 AM

Paul
Is there any thing more Tampa Bay can send up
to help out GREAT TEAM????

Re: #18 Forty-nine and Counting - 12/28/04 01:07 AM

Yeh, Rip, we could use a cornerback and a couple of linebackers...
Posted By: RIP Puls

Re: #18 Forty-nine and Counting - 12/30/04 02:44 AM

Just hold on JON will continue to tear apart a
once Super Bowl Team.
© 2024 Collector Forums