LighthouseKeepers.com

The trill in collecting HL is now:

Posted By: DANIEL

The trill in collecting HL is now: - 11/22/06 01:11 PM

The trill in collecting HL is now:

Following ebay and finding a lower number or a variation you don’t have.

Talking on a Harbour light forum that connects you with collectors like yourself.

Checking the forum for the latest HL release.

Checking the forum for Tidbits from Bill.

Checking the forum at the "Trading Post" for lower numbers and variations.

(Any more?)
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: The trill in collecting HL is now: - 11/22/06 07:25 PM

To quote JJ from collecting HL's used to be:

Quote:
Going to an event and seeing your new found friends (and old ones too) from all over the country and having a great time together. Priceless!
This is still a big thrill to me! smile
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: The trill in collecting HL is now: - 11/22/06 09:57 PM

The biggest thrill I get now is:

1. Finding a spot in my buldging curios for a new release lighthouse.

2. Repairing a broken lighthouse so that it looks like new.

3. Helping a new collector find a lighthouse that they are looking for.
Posted By: mombo

Re: The trill in collecting HL is now: - 11/22/06 10:23 PM

Well I don't know...we've got lots of trills here and over in the Thanksgiving thread we've got Greg chopping after his meal??? Is he shopping or chopping wood or chopping turkey? wink

As Jim has stated and Stephanie has reiterated the enjoyment of getting together in person was and is still great! I know that for me the comraderie between us both on-line and in person has always been the biggest thrill of collecting.
Posted By: Cyndi

Re: The trill in collecting HL is now: - 11/23/06 07:19 AM

The thrill in collecting for me is:
1) The wonderful people I have met through this forum.

2) Dragging me son with me to a local dealer and him picking a lighthouse he likes.

3) Making another local dealer find the boxes in her storeroom to the HLs I just bought. I had never had a dealer not automaticly get the boxes for me.

4) Having to buy more shelves for my curios to add the newest members of my collection.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: The trill in collecting HL is now: - 11/23/06 05:12 PM

I think the most exciting thing about collecting today is the forum. This is one tool the early collector didn’t have. Though we paint a pretty picture of excitement for the early days of collecting we forget to point out one thing. Loneliness. The early collector had very few people to talk to. In my situation all the guys at work talked about football or work Even though everyone respected my hobby there was really no one to share my collecting strategies and thoughts, except my wife and my dealer. Even then they could only handle so much. I use to take an old broche and look up and down it, x-ing off what I have and what I want.
© 2024 Collector Forums