LighthouseKeepers.com

Things have been a little quiet here lately...

Posted By: Bob M

Things have been a little quiet here lately... - 03/09/08 02:54 PM

I'm sure you have noticed that things have been a little quiet at the CF lately. I visit several times a day and try to post a new topic every once in awhile, and also reply to whatever else gets posted.

Everyone registered here is a member of the CF family of friends. As a member of this family, it would be nice if more of you could participate more by posting new topics and replying to the subjects at hand. There are so many different threads that you could utilize to add a new topic even if it doesn't relate to HL's or lighthouses.

We have a lot of very intelligent and informative people here. It's time they step forward and post to inject new life into the CF. Too often I bring this site up and there may be one of two new unread posts. That is a shame considering the diverse crowd that visits here each day.

The nice weather will soon be here so how about posting some of your plans for spring. Will it be gardening? Will it be trips to the seashore? Will it be lighthouse photography? Will you post the pics here? Will you be purchasing a new car? Maybe buying a new camera? New kids or grand kids joining your family? Going away on vacation? I'm sure there are many subjects you all could share with your fellow forum members. You will be surprised what others will find interesting.

Okay, I'm going to step down from the soap box. I've made my plea to all of you to help make the CF more interesting. I don't want it to die a slow death by becoming dull and not a fun place to visit. Will you take the time to help?

Bob M
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Things have been a little quiet here lately... - 03/09/08 06:24 PM

We are happy to be part of this CF-Family. And you are right, Bob, there are some very interesting and knowledgeable people on the Forums.

We enjoy posting a lot. And I enjoy reading all the other posts.

I must admit, I have been a bit slow with posting. Somehow I have too much to do half the time and don't get round to posting. But I will try and make more of an effort! I promise!

So, here is our first plan for the spring:

The easter bunny came early for us and brought some tickets. So we are to visit our first lighthouse for 2008 on March 30th.

The lighthouse will be Flatholme on a little island in the Bristol Channel and of course we will post pictures etc. ! Try stopping us!

To preview this lighthouse have a look at the Trinity House Website
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Things have been a little quiet here lately... - 03/09/08 07:25 PM

The CF may be going though a slow period. There usually is a few each year.

Not much news headlines. All the "spin" channels (FoxNews, CNN, & MSNBC) are pretty much covering the Pres Primary's 100%.

My bets are as soon as the next HL shipment get past the Panama Canel, or we hear about the St. Augustine signing event, or news of the 2008 Collectors Society limited editions, the board will be jumping again.

Still plenty of the Grand Tour to come !!!!!

Re: Things have been a little quiet here lately... - 03/15/08 10:29 PM

Two countries heard from in the last six days! Where the heck is everybody? Winter hibernation is over! Think post, reply, post reply, post reply...

smile Bob
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Things have been a little quiet here lately... - 03/16/08 01:09 AM

Sorry I haven't been posting too much Bob. My life has been a bit crazy building a new house 300 miles away. John and I are on the road at least every 7 days or sooner. The house should be finished the end of April...maybe my life will get back to normal after that. I wake up some days and wonder where the heck I am!

This is where we are building our new house.

http://www.golfentrada.com/96c52e12542ed66e57c6714ac8e0f75e.html

Re: Things have been a little quiet here lately... - 03/16/08 11:42 AM

I didn't know you and John were golfers. It looks like a fabulous area. Best wishes with your relocation!

smile Bob

Re: Things have been a little quiet here lately... - 03/16/08 03:58 PM

WOW what a great place to relocate to! Good Luck with the build an move Lorie!

Re: Things have been a little quiet here lately... - 03/16/08 04:07 PM

Quote:
Think post, reply, post reply, post reply...
I am trying ... Thinking is hard

And I don't like to reply unless I have something to say - well at least most of the time ... Same goes for posting really ...

But I am trying ... honest ... whistling
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Things have been a little quiet here lately... - 03/16/08 04:27 PM

I don't think you could call John and I golfers...maybe hackers. We just like the area for the weather and all the outdoor activities. We'll still keep a house in the SLC area. The new house is the winter get-a-way place.

I am tired of all the snow we have had this winter. Got another 4-5 inches last night. eek
© 2024 Collector Forums