LighthouseKeepers.com

Fogsignal Airlines

Posted By: JTimothyA

Fogsignal Airlines - 05/24/01 06:35 AM

Tempting, but still paying off the Zamboni...
http://www.tejavia.com/
Posted By: mombo

Re: Fogsignal Airlines - 05/24/01 03:58 PM

Maybe this is the one that went down last year in France? A little super glue can work wonders!
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Fogsignal Airlines - 05/25/01 12:31 AM

Mombo, that is not a concord. What that is, is a Tupolev TU-144. It was the Soviet Super sonic Transport. It actually flew before the Concord, however it's early prototypes had a bad habit of crashing!

Re: Fogsignal Airlines - 05/25/01 01:43 AM

Ooops, sorry about that. I would, however, be concerned if it came with a tag saying, "Made in China"!
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Fogsignal Airlines - 05/25/01 06:13 AM

Boy, if the plane stayed in the air it sure could cut down on time lost getting from lighthouse to lighthouse. However, could you slow it down enough to circle the lights to get decent pics?

Dave
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Fogsignal Airlines - 05/25/01 11:00 AM

I'll stick with HL's. I have no room to store the plane in my curios or in my cellar storage area. It would be unfair to keep it in the backyard. Besides the neighbors wouldn't be pleased when I started it, every once in awhile, to charge the batteries.

Bob

P.S. Hey Fred, this would be a fun toy for you!

Re: Fogsignal Airlines - 05/26/01 04:42 AM

Maybe this would be a good plane for BY to travel on. He could fly home for lunch between morning and afternoon events!
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: Fogsignal Airlines - 05/26/01 08:35 AM

hmmmm... if you got on a plane like that wouldn't you expect to be served lunch. ... with a warm cookie for desert. :-)
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Fogsignal Airlines - 05/26/01 12:27 PM

A friend of mine gave me some good advice about flying. He said, "Bob, (that's me) never ever get in a plane you can't stand up in, and never get in a plane that has only one engine."

I have followed his advice since his words of wisdom were spoken. Can you tell I don't particularly like to fly?

Bob
© 2024 Collector Forums