LighthouseKeepers.com

The value of collectibles?

Posted By: RMau

The value of collectibles? - 03/15/12 12:49 AM

I came across the article at the link below this afternoon. It is from 9/2010, so slightly dated, but an interesting read nonetheless.

The good news is, Harbour Lights didn't make the list!

9 Completely Worthless Collectibles

Click through the pages to read the full article and see the individual collectibles.

Rick
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: The value of collectibles? - 03/15/12 01:33 AM

This information is good to hear from us collectors that do not plan on selling, but, it sure doesn't help the ones that are trying to sell.
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: The value of collectibles? - 03/28/12 07:22 PM

Ineresting. My sister has a whole pile of Precious Moments, and bought into the Beanie Babies craze years ago...
Posted By: wickywacky

Re: The value of collectibles? - 03/28/12 08:32 PM

LOOKING TO SELL: 1 LARGE BRIDGE CONNECTING 2 SIDES OF RIVER. NO CREDIT CHECKS.....CASH ONLY.....NO REFUNDS
Posted By: lgthouselady

Re: The value of collectibles? - 03/31/12 05:35 AM

Like my sister-in-law says, it only needs to last as long as I do. she has several collections, displays them all and uses them all. I mean, nice ones, pictures, Hummels, others that I don't know the name of. I have a few Precious Moments from 20 some years ago. I only bought ones that meant something to me. I have two Hummels. One that says, Going to Grandma's House (we lived in Washington and Grandma lived in Idaho), and one of a little girl with a mother hen and two chicks because my mother liked and kept chickens for many years. I have many Harbour Lights lighthouses. I don't know what will happen to them. That's why I am trying to complete sets within the line the best I can. I have every christmas piece and several other sets. I wish I could say I have all of the 1st 17 but I lack HL 102 and HL 111. I have been to each of the two I lack, climbed them and have them in the 400 series, so I think I call it good.

Kathleen Pence
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: The value of collectibles? - 08/10/16 03:40 PM

This is interesting and no surprise. I already had in my mind most of the ones that were listed.
© 2024 Collector Forums