LighthouseKeepers.com

What did YOU pay for these HL's?

Posted By: Webmaster

What did YOU pay for these HL's? - 05/27/11 09:36 PM

Were you one of the people who paid $145 for the Sankaty-on-the Move? Or $120 for the Christmas Hospital Point or $120 for the AB Tender Narcissus?

Too bad. If you had waited you could have saved over 60% on these three $100+ pieces.

Now available from Lighthouse Depot (the store with the built-in Harbour Lights inventory) today they are priced at $54, $45 and $45 respectively.

Plus you get a free 'Surprise' box that includes a Collectors Guide* book, a thumbnail, a regional pin-back button and a Christmas ornament.

Sounds like LHD is clearing out the left-overs. Are they making room for the new summer pieces?

--------------------------------------------------

* I wonder what the payment will be to Paul and I for the give-away Collector Guides?
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? - 05/27/11 09:54 PM

It would be nice if that were the case (making room) but I think they are trying to just get rid of the pieces they already have so they can break even.

What they are doing is getting their avid collector based that paid retail ticked off again and again and again!
Posted By: Angels Gate

Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? - 05/28/11 07:02 AM

Yep! But if anyone there cares, they are harder to find than a dog hair in a rabbit hutch!
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? - 05/28/11 05:37 PM

Yup !!! Paid full price for these.

I justify it when I find other HL's below retail.

All collectors need a perk now and then.
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? - 06/01/11 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Even if it's at the expense of their most loyal collectors?
Posted By: Middle I-land MI Max

Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? - 06/01/11 04:53 AM

I'll second "getting their avid collector base... ticked off again and again.."

Nothing like shooting yourself and few remaining dealers in the foot with your discounting policies, especially when you're connected to the production of new HL replicas you expect to sell!!

Max
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? - 06/01/11 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com
Originally Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Even if it's at the expense of their most loyal collectors?

I'm not supporting what LHD does, but when you find a rare bargain elsewhere. Of the 400+ HL's I have, maybe 4 were purchased at a discount.
Posted By: Angels Gate

Re: What did YOU pay for these HL's? - 06/02/11 03:07 AM

Being a 'New' collector, I had the advantage of actually stumbling into really disgusted collectors who two years ago auctioned off their collections (by the piece) on eBay, including all the original boxes and certs. We won nearly 80 lights from a collector who had a real nice auto-ship number, but was so put out with LHD he just gave up collecting! We have gotten some very good opportunities from eBay, But we have bought many from collectors here on the Forums,and from our favorite Dealer, Roland. We have paid retail for maybe 1/3 of our collection of (now) over 500, but we have paid MUCH, MUCH MORE THAN RETAIL for certain lights, and have never regretted a dollar spent. That's easier when you start off knowing that these lights are not now, nor never again will be worth any MORE than retail, and for the most part...
© 2024 Collector Forums