LighthouseKeepers.com

Taxing Time

Posted By: Robert M Dick

Taxing Time - 04/15/99 11:48 AM

If we could reform the tax system and replace the progressive income tax, think about how many more Harbour Lights we could afford to purchase and how much richer our lives would be.

Any thoughts on this from all you wackos out there.

Moby
Posted By: AlanBeckman

Re: Taxing Time - 04/15/99 01:05 PM

How about having money spent on HLs, reuniouns, trips to real lighthouses, etc be tax deductible medical expenses. (Have you ever seen wacko withdrawal? Its not a very pretty sight)

Dr. Feelgood
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Taxing Time - 04/15/99 01:28 PM

The IRS should give "Hallmark Points" for each dollar you pay, redeemable for Harbour Lights at any authorized retailer.
Posted By: orv

Re: Taxing Time - 04/15/99 08:36 PM

I changed jobs last year, had to cash in a 401k, couldn't roll it all over and keep stock certificates, so had to pay penalty plus extra tax. The additional tax on top of the regular witholding is making me cry. I just sent my most unfavorite uncle about 20 HL's

(BUMMING IN MISERY) that Missouri for those of you that don't know

------------------
ORV

[This message has been edited by orv (edited 04-15-99).]
Posted By: JTimothyA

Re: Taxing Time - 04/16/99 03:09 AM

Rather amusing to see Clinton paid the same rate this year on his $500k+ income that Stevie Forbes advocates for the flat tax, a casual 17%.

Wonder how many secondary dealers reported capital gains? ;->

__
/im
Posted By: mombo

Re: Taxing Time - 04/16/99 03:50 AM

Like the "Hallmark Points", John. Since I converted to a Roth I could buy lots of HL's over the next 4 years!
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Taxing Time - 04/16/99 04:30 PM

Let's see...

Organize the "Arizona Harbour Lights Museum" as a non-profit.

Purchases could qualify as contribution?

May need to set up a will leaving all the future HL purchases to the Museum?

Nnaaaahhhhh. Never work.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Taxing Time - 04/17/99 07:09 PM

[This message has been edited by mombo (edited 04-17-99).]
Posted By: Robert M Dick

Re: Taxing Time - 04/27/99 01:02 AM

I was told today that if you won the lottery, say $197 million and took payment over 20 years, this would redue the tax load. If you died during that time, the remaining payments would go to those in your will but IRS would demand the entire tax payment at that time for all of the remaining payments at once.

It's hard to remember that the main objective was to drain the swamp when your up to your tail bone in allegators.

I've fallen and I can't get up.

Moby

Beacjed by the ideas of the IRS
© 2024 Collector Forums