LighthouseKeepers.com

What do you pay and for what?

Posted By: Bob M

What do you pay and for what? - 09/18/04 02:55 PM

Like many of you, I often wondered how much people spend for insuring their HL Collection. What do you spend? What types of protection against loss does your insurance company offer? Fire? Theft? Water damage? Breakage? Also what do you have for a deductible.

confused Bob confused
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: What do you pay and for what? - 09/20/04 04:00 PM

I have my collection insured by State Farm for $35,000. Haven't updated it in a while. Probally $10,000 to $15,000 behind. It is insured for everything. The policy say that they have the option to restore. It cost me somewhere around 150 a year. Don't have a deductable.
Posted By: Elmer

Re: What do you pay and for what? - 09/20/04 04:59 PM

This is an interesting thread and will be watching it with great interest. I have just switched my homeowner's insurance over from State Farm to MetLife and am in the process of doing a complete inventory of personal property for insurance purposes and will determine what additional insurance is required.

Dan
Posted By: Dick Johnson

Re: What do you pay and for what? - 09/21/04 02:50 AM

I have carried my supplementary collectors insurance with CIA for about 6 years now. My annual premium is about $228 for $60K+ of insurance. My coverage covers burglary & theft, travel from/to an exibition, shipping (several levels), breakage, and a few other areas of lesser amounts that I would need to reread the coverage about to know what it means.

The coverage made a big jump (about $60) 4 years ago, but has averaged about $20 per year lately. This includes an automatice increase in coverage of about the same percentage.

I have never had to file a claim at this time, but this coverage covers several collections that I currently have including my HL's. From everything that I have heard CIA is an excellent company that is easy to work with and file claims with. I first heard about CIA from a post on the forums and have been very happy with what I have heard about them, and my peace of mind when we are away.
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: What do you pay and for what? - 09/21/04 04:22 AM

Hi Dick,

Will you bring info on CIA to the meeting Saturday?

See you then.
Bill & Judy
Posted By: JJ

Re: What do you pay and for what? - 09/21/04 05:13 AM

Collectibles Insurance Agency:
http://www.collectinsure.com/
© 2024 Collector Forums