LighthouseKeepers.com

HL150 Pensacola Question

Posted By: flacoastie

HL150 Pensacola Question - 05/05/16 06:46 AM

I have not seen the pictures yet but I was informed by a collector that they have a Pensacola AP that they believe only has 3 chimneys instead of the 4 chimneys on the normal production pieces. The collector says that there is no evidence of one of the chimneys being broken off.

Has anyone heard about a 3 chimney Pensacola? If this is truly a 3 chimney version I want to include it in my Dec. 2016 update in my Variance Volume. I do have pictures coming but wanted to ask ahead of time.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: HL150 Pensacola Question - 05/05/16 09:06 AM

Never heard of it.
I do have a 138 ST Aug paint Sample somewhere.
Have to look.
Since it is a AP would it even be considered as a variation?
Remember I have a Cape Blanco AP with double balls under the lightning rod.
We never considered it as a variation, did we?

Re: HL150 Pensacola Question - 05/05/16 01:10 PM

I meant to say a 3 chimney Pensacola when I said St. Augustine. Sorry for my mistake.

I have heard of the double balls on some other very early pieces but have never heard of a 3 chimney Pensacola. You are probably right that because it is an AP it shouldn't be considered a variance.
Posted By: The Cape Cod Store.com

Re: HL150 Pensacola Question - 05/05/16 09:00 PM

I also have a 3 chimney Pensacola AP

Re: HL150 Pensacola Question - 05/05/16 09:22 PM

I guess the next thing is to see if anyone with a low number has the the three chimney version

Re: HL150 Pensacola Question - 05/06/16 10:09 AM

Rich
Maybe since it looks like all the AP have the three chimney maybe it would make sense to add it as a variation.

Re: HL150 Pensacola Question - 05/06/16 05:25 PM

Does anyone have a regular production Pensacola with 3 chimneys instead of 4 chimneys????
© 2024 Collector Forums