LighthouseKeepers.com

ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE

Posted By: DANIEL

ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 12/27/11 07:45 PM

Well just when it looks like everyting was getting boring collecting Harbour Lights I found this site that is selling AP's. It is called Lighthouse depot.
I bought two. Love those Artist proofs,

I bought the Franks Island and the Fort Carroll.
Any one else buy any?
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 12/28/11 12:07 AM

Desperation to get every last nickle and dime out of the inventory before there is a crash is what it sounds like to me. I'm glad for those collectors that will partake of the goodies.
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 12/28/11 12:57 AM

It is tempting !!!

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 12/28/11 11:28 PM

Wow, HLs is getting even more desperate as they are advertising a year end (a last ditch effort to clean the shelves) sale on 50% on everything (including 2011 releases and artist proofs). Sorta makes a person want to puke after paying full price for all our HLs.
Posted By: CAVR

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 12/29/11 01:46 AM

Anybody wish to guess what's next for the APs? (I'm getting sick!)
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 12/29/11 01:48 AM

Atter I bought my two Artist Proofs for a 20% discount they increased the discount to 50%.

I have to agree with Rich, It looks like Lighthouse depot is cleaning house before clossing the doors.

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 12/29/11 03:12 PM

The thing is that the owner doesn't even care who he makes mad. He's done in the dealer's first and now the final straw to the collectors. There are a few words to describe him but I won't use them here.
Posted By: Middle I-land MI Max

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 12/29/11 06:32 PM

Amen!

Tragic that our beloved HL collectible and collector's are being subjected to this shabby treatment.
Posted By: mombo

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 12/29/11 07:34 PM

Even at 50% off they may get stuck with Barking Rocks!
Posted By: Angels Gate

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 12/30/11 12:23 AM

It isn't like they have been good to their collectors up to now. They have been giving us the Golden Faruki for several years by selling the Dealers Down River, screwing the original buyers of the Alaska Cruise Lights, by discounting lights just weeks after we all bought them for full price. I hope NO ONE BUYS ONE SINGLE LIGHT FROM THOSE GANGSTERS! They ARE ALL ON EBAY WITH BOXES AND PAPERWORK FOR NINETY-FIVE CENTS EACH, PLUS UP TO MAYBE $11.00 shipping. The 2011,s will show up soon, so there is absolutely NO REASON to buy from HL after the drubbing they have given us!!!!!!!

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 12/30/11 11:47 PM

Those are people selling their collections at .95 and .99. I was in contact with one of them and they tried to sell 109 pieces all at one time and now they are listing them separately.
Posted By: Angels Gate

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 12/31/11 09:38 PM

I have every light in the collection, except two (not including ALL the variations as I'm not interested in most of them). I repeat that these folks are selling with boxes and paperwork for hardly any more than the cost of shipping, so it seems like a dream come true for a new collector, or for anyone who needs a couple of lights to finish out their collection.
Posted By: beachbumbill

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 01/09/12 04:14 AM

I have been collecting only those lights I have visited. Looking for Boon Island, Maine, HL273 and Dry Tortugas HL287. If I get these 2, I will have to start traveling again to put some more on my wish list. Love to climb them when possible.

email : wildbill1399@comcast.net or phone 352-638-0496

Best regards, Bill
Posted By: Rock

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 01/12/12 12:37 AM

Whether or not you hate the Depot, now is a great time to buy...I took advantage of their brief 1/2 off special and bought two Florida reef lights that I've wanted for a long time: Carysfort Reef and Alligator Reef from them...thrilled with the pieces/prices but not with yet another misspelled nameplate "Carrysfort Reef, FL"...
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: ARTIST PROOFS FOR SALE - 01/20/12 12:43 AM

Picked up APs of Sodus Point, Sullivan Island and Gibbs Hill on 50% off sale.
I love APs of Limited Edition pieces
© 2024 Collector Forums