LighthouseKeepers.com

Long Island/Staten Island Lights (Pics)

Posted By: LighthouseFans

Long Island/Staten Island Lights (Pics) - 01/25/09 11:25 PM

I visited a couple of Long Island lighthouses a few weeks ago, and finally got a chance to see some Staten Island lights for the first time on a bitterly cold day yesterday. Here are some of the pics:

Montauk Point

Montauk Point

Cedar Island

Fort Wadsworth

Fort Wadsworth

New Dorp

Staten Island Range

Elm Tree
Posted By: wheland

Re: Long Island/Staten Island Lights (Pics) - 01/26/09 12:05 AM

Cary,

Some very nice photos. New Dorp can be a bit difficult to see part of the year.

I'm not sure I'd want to try and get to Cedar Island in the middle of January. I've only seen it from a boat.

The Staten Island Rear Range LH used to be very interesting to visit. there was a woman who lived next door that would go ballistic when people came around.

Dennis
Posted By: LighthouseFans

Re: Long Island/Staten Island Lights (Pics) - 01/26/09 12:52 AM

Hi Dennis,

Thanks. I was a little confused at New Dorp by the "No Trespassing" sign on the fence. After seeing another sign there that stated something about keeping dogs on a leash, I figured it was a park-type area and they meant no trespassing (into the buildings/homes). Or that's my hope anyway. Cedar Island was a bit of an adventure since it was very cold and it took me longer than expected to walk out there and back (I was planning on getting to Montauk Point afterward for sunset).

I couldn't recall if Staten Island Rear Range was on private grounds or not, so I quickly snapped some photos from the road and took off. Luckily I didn't encounter any ballistic neighbors smile
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Long Island/Staten Island Lights (Pics) - 01/26/09 01:51 AM

Cary, Great pics !!!

Especially like the Montauk & the first one of Fort Wadsworths.

Don't see many pics of New Dorp. Thanks !!!
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Long Island/Staten Island Lights (Pics) - 01/26/09 02:20 AM

Beautiful Photos, Cary... Thanks for sharing. You've got a great 'eye'.
© 2024 Collector Forums