LighthouseKeepers.com

Lighthouses in Italy

Posted By: Lorie Roe

Lighthouses in Italy - 09/18/08 07:32 PM

John and I were able to spend almost 3 weeks in Italy in August. We were on a cruise for 13 days so we were able to see a few lighthouses that we hadn't seen before.

These 3 pictures are of the Portofino Lighthouse. Portofino is definately for the "rich and famous". Everything is expensive! Lots of beautiful yachts in the harbor.

This picture is the Punta San Raineri lighthouse in Messina, Sicily. It was built in 1555.

The coast of mainland Italy is close by when you transit through the Straits of Messina.

This small yellow tower is the Punta Secca lighthouse in Messina near the Punta San Raineri lighthouse.

There are 2 breakwater lighthouses in Venice. The first picture is the south tower Lido Molo Sud or Faro San Nicolo.

This picture is the north breakwater lighthouse in Venice. It is the Lido Molo Nord or La Pagoda.

I've tried to post 2 other shots from Naples but for some reason they just get the red x.
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Lighthouses in Italy - 09/18/08 07:56 PM

Great pictures Lorie! Thanks for taking us along on your adventure.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Lighthouses in Italy - 09/18/08 07:57 PM

Thanks for sharing, Lori!!
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Lighthouses in Italy - 09/18/08 09:02 PM

Only allowed 8 images of any kind in a post (software restriction). That is why you will often see us do sequential postings.

Nice that you were able to include your boat in one of the pictures . . .
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: Lighthouses in Italy - 09/18/08 09:21 PM

Great pics Lorie !!!

Many thanks for posting.
Posted By: wheland

Re: Lighthouses in Italy - 09/18/08 10:57 PM

Thanks for the photos. These are ones that i will probably never see in person. Italy isn't high on my list of must see places. (Please don't take that as a dig at Italy- there are just so many places one can get to)

Dennis
Posted By: 5lights

Re: Lighthouses in Italy - 09/19/08 03:36 PM

Great photos of some very different & interesting lights!
Posted By: docsweetie

Re: Lighthouses in Italy - 09/20/08 01:15 AM

Excellent photos. It is always great to see the lighthouses from around the world. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Lighthouses in Italy - 09/20/08 02:07 PM

Fabulous pics, Lorie! Those lights are so different from what we have in the US. That is what makes them so interesting!

smile Bob
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Lighthouses in Italy - 09/20/08 05:46 PM

Great pictures. I agree fully; "Those lights are so different from what we have in the United States." Could it be because there well maintained? You think............, wherever I've travelled throughout Europe I've yet to come upon a lighthouse that would be on "the doomsday list."
© 2024 Collector Forums