LighthouseKeepers.com

Visiting the Point Arena Lighthouse

Posted By: PFC

Visiting the Point Arena Lighthouse - 11/19/04 03:31 AM

smile Visiting the Point Arena Lighthouse cool

Point Arena Lighthouse -- One of the globe's most dramatic and scenic lighthouses soars up from a rocky point near the Mendocino County line. You may bong up the 145-step iron staircase to the 115-foot-high pinnacle of this beauty; you can also make like a lighthouse keeper and find snug lodging in a cabin near its base. Each of the three-bedroom, two bath rentals includes a kitchen, wood stove and satellite TV. Cost: $210-$240 per night. Proceeds benefit lighthouse preservation. To just visit by day is $5 (general), $1 (children). Winter hours: 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. daily. (877) 725-4448, or www.pointarenalighthouse.com.

My best,
Paul Conlin
ALF Secretary
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Visiting the Point Arena Lighthouse - 11/19/04 06:15 AM

Paul,

This link will get you to the current Point Arena Lighthouse page. The link you listed (the one that actually makes sense) takes you to the main page of the Mendicino Community Network. Search it for the word "lighthouse" or for "Point Arena Light" and it comes up blank - go figure.
Posted By: PFC

Re: Visiting the Point Arena Lighthouse - 11/20/04 03:03 AM

:rolleyes: That is very strange, Dave! When I clicked on that link yesterday it brought me right to the Point Arena Lighthouse site. It looks like the two sites have changed places! confused

My best,
Paul Conlin
© 2024 Collector Forums